HoF for 12-16-19: Red hot!

Comments

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    First try
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Did we ever figure out if hot hitter is good for WOH.  If they actually turn on and off, it would seem like a good skill.  If not, completely worthless for WOH since you never start with a hit.
    I have Kruk at D10 who has double hot hitter skills  at 20/20. He has been a major disappointment in WOH. Even after getting a hit he fails repeatedly in later rounds of WOH. Won't  make that mistake again. Kruk is very good in CVC  and all other games though. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Didn’t even come close to beating Brown with 510 Cooper. Does not bode well. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I have Matthews at 18/15. LHP/RISP

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

criffy said:
    Whoever recommended closing Gibson with Mathews, TY. Just went 1-1 without a single curve out. That was so much damn fun. Hit 10 singles in a row to beat him.
    you're welcome. stop whining now.

NEVER

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts

NEVER
    thought i gave you the pacifier in mathews. then i realized you're more whiney than my wife and your rants will never go away... ;)
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    3 for 3 with this closer, more to come... best investment this year so far
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Anyone else completely stuck after their third cycle?
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Anyone else completely stuck after their third cycle?
    about to finish my 7th... so no

Mathews is 2-3. Only loss I had a video reboot, then he won.

First time was the typical first pitch curve out, then finished me off with the double curve out when I loaded the bases at 6-3. I have seen that sequence dozens of times.

After the video reboot, I saw nay a curve, but this time ended it in 8 swings, not 10.

If the wife didn't take up my lunch hour (and then some) with a nooner before my nap, I probably would be able to cycle him today. (Subtle Brag Reply)

edited December 2019
    Brown is being impossible for me today. Doesn’t matter who I throw at him. 
    COWPILEY said:
    Brown is being impossible for me today. Doesn’t matter who I throw at him. 

Since I went gold, I've only been curved out by Brown once in the last two Mondays. That is another big change I've seen in Level 6.

Makes life easier knowing you can get to 6.10 quicker while saving your video restart.

Guess there is season mode
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    First cycle cap!!!

well we’ll take that back....

brown has curved me five times in a row now. Was 3-6 against Gibson until this point. Lol

edited December 2019
    Posada finally did his friggin job and beat Brown and older Cooper beat Gibson
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    George Foster's sideburns should be in the Hall of Fame
  • RougherRougher Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    Pork chops
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Very happy to have been able to do this twice with my team, but man I give you guys much credit for cycle capping lol. That ish is work!!

edited December 2019
    2-0 against Gibson...2-too many to count against Brown. 
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited December 2019
    COWPILEY said:
    Didn’t even come close to beating Brown with 510 Cooper. Does not bode well. 

Dude that’s because hot hitter is garbage / broken and doesn’t turn on like it is supposed to 😭

Edit: well crap you were talking about the other Cooper, anyway this one sucks pond water too 😂
    Edit: well crap you were talking about the other Cooper, anyway this one sucks pond water too 😂
    Too many guys with bad skill sets lately. My Posada is very flaky with that hot hitter skill and Bench with blowout is flaky as well since the update. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I saw the double hot hitter skill and OF rhb and just laughed.........almost like they couldn’t make a worse combination.  Oh well.....got lxp anyway.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2019
    bigvivec said:
    I saw the double hot hitter skill and OF rhb and just laughed.........almost like they couldn’t make a worse combination.  Oh well.....got lxp anyway.  
    I wouldn't use it for WoH, but he's actually one of the best players if you care about other modes. In my opinion, it's actually better than 2x blowouts. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited December 2019
    DFBB said:
    bigvivec said:
    I wouldn't use it for WoH, but he's actually one of the best players if you care about other modes. In my opinion, it's actually better than 2x blowouts. 
    I guess.......I’m holding on to that ss you leveled because he looks like a CvC beast, lxp in my pocket now...........anyway long time since double blowouts have been released on any player.  I’m not a fan of the new skill set and what seems like shakier programming for the newer skills.  But we get what’s being released and hot hitter is today’s flavor.  As much as Incan day I only want certain skill sets, it’s moot if the latest players don’t have them.  Interested to hear how the new Cecil plays out in WOH.....if skills turn off and on in WOH then awesome.  I’m still not convinced skills change at all from whatever is lit from the time that first pitch is thrown.  
    Seems like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Posada totally owned Ford on Friday and Saturday, but couldn’t beat him once Sunday. 
    No definitive answers.......I think there are a lot of variables at work that aren’t readily apparent.  Sometimes I’ll have an easy WOH day and a clubmate with a similar squad will struggle....makes it interesting anyway even if there are no firm answers.  
    Anyway, I closed over the weekend and today with Musial at 15/17. High success rate.  Clubmates swear by Morgan and he’s panned on this page.  Nothing is set in stone and personal experimentation is necessary to find your own happy spot.