Options

WOH Skills Testing/Data

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited December 2019
    @dustyhunks I'll have to pay closer attention to this! I am certain I have had the scenario I spoke of end a round, but I'll keep an eye out.

Even so, I do not see that as any reason to believe that the entire round is predetermined. Like I say, I do believe each at bat is predetermined, though.
  • Options

That happens because I lean enough. Everyone knows that 

Lol. This also used to work when jumping lava pits in Super Mario Bros.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Based on the patterns and sequences I have memorized, and yesterday, they didn't fail me again, I truly believe the entire round is predetermined...

Also, I quit using gold this weekend, and after yesterday, I will not spend another brick of gold on WoH. I'm not paying 80 a round (which ends up in the thousands) to see the exact same patterns I see with only a video boost. Especially now since Glu has made farming gold a chore.

I won more yesterday than ever before in HoF, and I spent nothing.  Last week, I lost so much damn gold watching the same losing sequences. Never again.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @dustyhunks I'll have to pay closer attention to this! I am certain I have had the scenario I spoke of end a round, but I'll keep an eye out.

Even so, I do not see that as any reason to believe that the entire round is predetermined. Like I say, I do believe each at bat is predetermined, though.
    Dumb question, but what exactly is the difference?
  • Options
    EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    The difference is when the program interacts with the scenario.  One situation all of the programming occurs at the start of a scenario, in the other, after each plate appearance.  I did some more testing yesterday.  I started an at bat yesterday and then turned off wifi and data.  I was able to continue playing until the end of the scenario, then I got the network error, reconnected moved on.  So I didn't get any new information from the server during the rest of the at bats.  Now it possible it had all of the if statement scenarios and still interacted with each at bat and situation, but I lean more to it gave all of the information for the round and was done with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Yes, just because it doesn’t go to the server does not mean there is not any client side logic/operations. That’s just single page design. 
  • Options
    Here are results from WOH using Cooper w/ 16/16 skills yesterday on 6.8 (did not use him on 6.9 or 6.10 because hot hitter skill definitely is NEVER active in WOH).

Before 1st hit - 20/31  (.645 avg)
    After 1st hit - 45/71 (.634 avg)

Womp. Womp. Wooooooooooomp.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Here are results from WOH using Cooper w/ 16/16 skills yesterday on 6.8 (did not use him on 6.9 or 6.10 because hot hitter skill definitely is NEVER active in WOH).

Yep. I knew it didn’t activate when I had a hit and then all of a sudden the next AB was an out. 
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    From reading this thread - it has reinforced my belief that Legend Eddie Mathews - is the most badass player this year - despite only being a 520 legend. He transcends his digits. 
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    This topic comes down to whether or not you believe Glu.  They said that every pitch is altered by the players' skills. 
    Given the issues we've all had, it's understandable people doubt what they say but I don't have any reason to think they're lying to us.
    Given all these scenarios, I could see the code working both ways.  It's plausible that they do all base the calculations based on your players, pitchers, etc... on the server, then send the data to your phone.  From there the app can add/subtract the skills and alter the scenario based on the new values. Remember, if you believe skills turn off (like blowout, RISP, ROB), then there is no reason they cannot turn back on.
  • Options
    And Toby Harrah is a complete beast against LHP.  I often times forget I don't need to worry when I play him since his skills 'should' always be active.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    And Toby Harrah is a complete beast against LHP.  I often times forget I don't need to worry when I play him since his skills 'should' always be active.
    Finally capped him and got his skills 16/16, he was automatic for me. My previous lefty finisher was 520 rizzuto with vs and blowout, he was pretty good but Harrah is awesome.
  • Options
    Also, I’d like to hear commentary on the variability of performance 

for instance, I cleared this weekend 18 times; albeit a 5 level tower.

yesterday, despite having leveled (2) additional 540 guys to G10....I was unable to win one single time before the live boost came in to play.

• Options
    Does this live boost give an indication on the screen like during the season?
  • Options

Main difference for me from Royal to HoF:
    This weekend, I closed with Cecil Cooper about 20 times in Royale.  However, in HoF, I have yet to beat Gibson with Cooper since I moved to gold. It is astonishing the difference in these two scenarios, and they make no sense. For shits and giggles, I tried Cooper one more time yesterday against Gibson, and again, he went nine and out. No pitches to hit at all, all strikes, of course.

I quit using Cooper as my HoF closer, and the experience yesterday was the most enjoyable HoF experience I have had yet. Knowing you actually have a chance instead of watching hundreds of pitches go in the other batters box while you sit there annoyed.

Looks like Cooper will stay as my Royale closer while Mathews will be my HoF closer (for now) in Gold.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @drsmartassphd what are you gonna do when they change it to a lefty? 
  • Options
    fahhq2 said:
    @drsmartassphd what are you gonna do when they change it to a lefty? 

I have Toby Harrah armed and ready to go with 16/16 skills.

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    My Toby is a bad ass💪🏼
  • Options
    He’s a damn beast.

Have yet to lose and he closes. 

• Options
    STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts

Main difference for me from Royal to HoF:
    This weekend, I closed with Cecil Cooper about 20 times in Royale.  However, in HoF, I have yet to beat Gibson with Cooper since I moved to gold. It is astonishing the difference in these two scenarios, and they make no sense. For shits and giggles, I tried Cooper one more time yesterday against Gibson, and again, he went nine and out. No pitches to hit at all, all strikes, of course.

I quit using Cooper as my HoF closer, and the experience yesterday was the most enjoyable HoF experience I have had yet. Knowing you actually have a chance instead of watching hundreds of pitches go in the other batters box while you sit there annoyed.

Looks like Cooper will stay as my Royale closer while Mathews will be my HoF closer (for now) in Gold.

Can you post a pic or  Mathews ?
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Good info.  Was planning on fooling around with Yelich at little bit to get a feel for it myself but my hunch is its not a woh skill.  I leveled yelich for cvc/eb anyway so if it worked in woh that would just be an added bonus.  Regardless its good to know that LI/Hot hitter is essentially LI/Blowout.   Two skills for two different modes which isnt ideal for a diamond player becasue thats a lot of resources for a guy thats never double boosted.

Again thanks for the info.
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    I was I was always a hardcore skills don’t turn on/off guy. My closers have always had blowout, so that’s what I used and it worked. I think whoever said that it gives you enough hits and men on to eek by might have been right. Listening to criff I used Mathews this week and MAN what a difference . Also started paying more attention and soooo many times after I cleared bases with Cruz with a homer he’s get curves the next ab.  Here is the thing , it’s either skills turn off/on or they don’t. I don’t think glu decides “ ok this one will but that one won’t” reason I’m saying this is “hot hitter”

after seeing cooper and drooling over him I wanted to test this out. Best way to do it was with a double hot hitter guy like Foster. Granted this is a small sample size but I used him on two cycles at 6.6 to test it. 

First ab - 9 straight curves . 
    Second ab - six curves , hit then homer .
    third ab - six curves , hit , hit , homer . 

I know this is a small sample size but if hot hitter didn’t turn on ( had skills jacked up to 16/16 ) I don’t think a 520 woth 0/0 skills cranks out two homers against blyven on back to back ab, esp after seeing so many curves before first hit. 

That being said I’ll never use foster in woh, I was testing to see how bad I wanted to chase cooper. Well I have cooper capped at d10 now and will be 20/20 when Monday rolls around . I’ll let you know how it goes cause he’s closing for me
  • Options
    Also when your testing skills the higher they are the more noticeable it can be. If your testing with a person who has one hot hitter set at 12 compared to a double hot hitter set at 16/16  against tougher competition (6.6) it’s much easier to notice 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @MoenPDC Yes, I would definitely do some more testing. One round isn’t going to tell us much. Heck, I’ve clicked on the wrong batter before and ended up with a L vs L matchup and no skills active and got through the round just by pure luck.

Foster would be the perfect guy to test with like you say, because of the double skill. You can see how profound the results that I had were with Schoendiest having the double mob skill.
  • Options
    MoenPDC said:
    Also when your testing skills the higher they are the more noticeable it can be. If your testing with a person who has one hot hitter set at 12 compared to a double hot hitter set at 16/16  against tougher competition (6.6) it’s much easier to notice 

So I fully leveled Cooper as well, taking him to 16/12.  

Two things 
    1) his auto play performance wasn’t super stellar.  He was 80-90% at 6.6...but maybe 50/50 on 6.7

2) if Hot Hitter worked the way you describe, it would basically make it a MOB on steroids.  One hit, and it never turns off again.  That would make him amongst the best hitters released.

i guess I just have a hard time believing GLU is going to release such a ridiculously powerful skill.
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I'm going to test with Cooper on Monday. Took him to 16/16. Theoretically should do better (or at least as well) than Mathews if the hot hitter skill kicks in on Gibson (pending they don't change pitcher/level/situation of 6.10). But watch them read this thread and throw us a curveball on Monday
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    i guess I just have a hard time believing GLU is going to release such a ridiculously powerful skill.

It's not really that so much as the fact that I am now certain that skills deactivating works just fine, but skills actually activating when they are supposed to does not. Pretty shady.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

It's not really that so much as the fact that I am now certain that skills deactivating works just fine, but skills actually activating when they are supposed to does not. Pretty shady.
    If that was the case Mathews would not have gone 14/19 for me on monday
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    MoenPDC said:

What was hitting batting average with men on base vs not?

Reggie Smith, who's blowout skills turns off halfway through the round is also fairly successful overall, but there is a marked difference in his degree of success once the score gets closer. It's not so noticeable that over the course of a Monday if you lose 5 times out of 19 that you'd get pissed off and wedge your phone in the drywall, but if you were to diligently keep track of this, I am confident you would see a difference.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    MoenPDC said:

What was hitting batting average with men on base vs not?

My Reggie Smith who's blowout skills turns off halfway through the round is also fairly successful overall, but there is a marked difference in his degree of success once the score gets closer. It's not so noticeable that over the course of a Monday if you lose 5 times that you'd get pissed off and wedge your phone in the drywall, but it is true.
    The times I lost I always started off with one set of curveballs. Two of the times it was two sets of curveballs. He was almost untouchable after that first hit 

whenever I got a hit in first ab I never lost