My Recent Interactions w/CS Over Farming: "CHECK YOUR WIFI"! GLU Needs CS Help Bad...

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yeah yeah another thread with Dr. Asshat whining.

Don't care. The reply I got just now really pisses me off.

Since GLU went to the new gold farming system, the majority of the time, these three things happen to me. Yes, I've updated, yes I've rebooted my device, and yes, my WiFi is just fine:

1) The ad will hang up in the "you got 4 gold" notice for a while before I can click and move on. This means every ad is now taking an additional 20-30 seconds before I can get my four measly blocks of gold.

2) The ad will give me the "provider is still determining if the ad you just wasted your life watching will actually reward you" notice, of which, 9 times out of ten I get NOTHING.

3) The Ad will crash my app, thus causing my team to disappear from time to time, and I have to wait hours sometimes before it comes back. This crashing crap is getting more and more consistent. Like 4-5 times a day.

I have reported this issue to CS now for nearly two weeks. Each time, with the exception of last week, I get the "check your Wifi" reply.

Listen up GLU (I have informed CS also): Both my wife and I are fortunate enough to work from home for two VERY large, publicly-traded companies. This means that these companies pay for us to have the best IP available.  The tech who came and installed it when we moved her a few years ago joked that our WiFi capabilities/broadband, etc, were better than a few small companies he installed for. My cheap-ass next door neighbor will sometimes call me and ask if he can jump on from inside his home because his provider sucks so hard. That's how damn good my WiFi is. Only time it goes out is when the lights are out, which has been once in three years.

Your consistent reply with this is a horrible cop out.

A few days ago, I finally got what appeared to be a CS rep that was actually concerned. They asked me to document it, and also let them know what ads were causing the crashes. I did that. Sent it all in yesterday evening. I just got another "check your WiFi" response to that. YOU EMEFFERS asked me to collect the info, I relay it, and your reply is that?  WOW. Just effing WOW.

Look, I get it. My ability to farm 350-400 gold an hour on normal days cuts into potential profit. Fine. You created a system that takes twice as long, thus I get half of what I am capable of. Good move. But now, this crap is causing me to lose games, lose CvC, and lose chances at boxes I no longer have the desire to farm gold to buy. When this happens, your response is to check my EMEFFING WiFi?!?!

TL:DR: Dr. Ass has being going back and forth with CS for nearly two weeks. CS always tells Dr. Ass it is his fault. CS finally realized it wasn't, asked Dr. Ass for more info. Dr. Ass provides info, CS replies with "check your wifi".

END OF RANT

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    For the amount of stress this is causing you, would it not be worth it to just buy some gold?  Life is far too short to have your days consumed by this. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I’ve done this as well, yes, but that can’t be solution every time I need it. Is it too much to ask that they fix it? I can’t be the only customer that likes to farm this much.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

If you’re devoting that much time of your day to farming gold, why are you not in diamond instead?  Each win gets you 7.5 gold. In theory, you could be D6 cycling daily for 7500 gold, as opposed to a fraction of that in videos.  I’m not being sarcastic, it’s a legitimate question. 
    I just looked at DFBBs thread on resources, etc.
    I just went gold. This would take forever lol

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    You know, WOH is easier at diamond and you can get a lot of gold 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I just looked at DFBBs thread on resources, etc.
    I just went gold. This would take forever lol
    I went Diamond in June. Took me about a week. On average I cycle 4 times a week. That's 30000 gold per week. The drawback is it is tough to level players with LXP. Mega LXP boxes aren't available often.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I dunno, I think you better triple check that wifi.
    Just no.  
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Also you should’ve stayed bronze
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You know, WOH is easier at diamond and you can get a lot of gold 
    Funny when you consider who OP is, but there's definitely truth here. @drsmartassphd would you pay a weekly fee to watch 5 second 2x gold videos whenever you want? Well, that still wouldn't get you as much gold as the diamond life with FP where you can get about 30-35 gold a minute. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I hope they have another Christmas deal. $99 for 25,000 gold and lxp. Life is too short to waste watching ads...
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Can’t compare cycling d6 and watching videos. You can watch videos without being 100% focused on your phone, while you can’t do anything else while tapping games.

that, imo, is a huge difference.

except if you use an autotapper...
    Can’t compare cycling d6 and watching videos. You can watch videos without being 100% focused on your phone, while you can’t do anything else while tapping games.

Both require the mental aptitude of a demented monkey. My argument is that if you are religiously grinding out videos all day long, your energy would be better spent tapping BGs as the rate of return for your time far surpasses that of video watching. It’s like watching someone rake leaves with a shovel - A rake is the obvious tool required. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts

Both require the mental aptitude of a demented monkey. My argument is that if you are religiously grinding out videos all day long, your energy would be better spent tapping BGs as the rate of return for your time far surpasses that of video watching. It’s like watching someone rake leaves with a shovel - A rake is the obvious tool required. 
    I agree with the demented monkey part lol
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Think you guys are missing the point.  The OP doesn’t care about gold or crashing, he just wants to bitch and moan.  His wife got tired of hearing him, she’s the one that suggested the game.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    If you’re devoting that much time of your day to farming gold, why are you not in diamond instead?  Each win gets you 7.5 gold. In theory, you could be D6 cycling daily for 7500 gold, as opposed to a fraction of that in videos.  I’m not being sarcastic, it’s a legitimate question. 
    After update it was taking me 6-8 hours per cycle, most was done while I was playing Oblivion or other irl thjngs/handling stuff on other accs on my other phones. When I use to watch videos during the right time, and during double gold, was about 1k every 30-40 mins. Took a lot more work and headache than just cycling d6 though. Vpns and proxies are fun, but add glus system to the mix and they ruin the fun of em
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I don't know why Dr. Ass is such a target for ridicule. He may complain about beating his head into the wall a lot, but he provides detailed information with his attempts and well thought out explanations of his misery. Plus, he takes all of the shots in stride. I'm a fan of the golden ass 😬 

At the end of the day, he's having issues with his videos for gold and is receiving typical responses from CS. A better CS>another Dr ass joke (he leaves us with enough opportunities 😉)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I like the Doc.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I like the Doc.
    I too like the golden ass. Sometimes he gets a little too bitchy and whiny though and I already get enough of that at home...
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m on team Doc.  
    I've been up since 5AM (thanks kids). Just opened the app and they replied again to this.  This time they actually acknowledged some issues with gold not registering for several advertisors and stated it would be fixed. I won't farm again until tomorrow, but that's great news.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I don't know why Dr. Ass is such a target for ridicule. He may complain about beating his head into the wall a lot, but he provides detailed information with his attempts and well thought out explanations of his misery. Plus, he takes all of the shots in stride. I'm a fan of the golden ass 😬 

At the end of the day, he's having issues with his videos for gold and is receiving typical responses from CS. A better CS>another Dr ass joke (he leaves us with enough opportunities 😉)
    I enjoy the analysis, and have found some of it to be quite useful; even if I dont always agree with the conclusion.

For instance, his struggles once flipping to gold, were quite helpful in confirming to me that what my TSB coaches had drilled me on was true: skills, and upgrading them, is the key to success in WOH.  But even then, you’re not going to win 100% of the time.  Sometimes you’re just going to get a bad RNG draw.

Speaking of WoH...

If anyone remembers my suggestion on what to do with it, the WoH offering today resembles that! (Changing the third grouping to having the legend offering, and the fourth grouping to have the legend plus a bigger prize). That's way cool and I wish they would keep it that way.

I'm going to pretend my bitching worked there.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    But even then, you’re not going to win 100% of the time.  Sometimes you’re just going to get a bad RNG draw.
    Almost true......cheat code Brett is pretty siiiick at the moment and provided VIP council members can figure out which skills they want, they do alright as well......