Options

How do I approach this?

JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
I see these guys everyday when I look at my lineup and feel I owe it to them to turn them into the All Time Greats they truly are. It really tempts me that they are always included in weekend discounts when in a box... but still, 1.5mill LXP (with 50%, more with lesser discounts). I don't see having the discipline to accumulate that amount & stick to my approach of not boosting a player unless it's a cap. Anyone want to share how they would approach this? Currently have about 400k LXP, can cycle HoF WOH about 13-14 times, & of course I can afford to buy Mega LXP boxes when next available. Would anyone else just ignore them & focus on newly released Legends at a 1/3 resource cost? Cuz that's where my head is at

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Do club points matter to you?  Without knowing anything else about your team, I'd get Yogi into diamond.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Realistically they don't as I have a solo club. But I do like blowing away other Cooperstown teams with 20 members by myself, just my competitive nature. Here's my current top 4 WOH bats w/PeeWee being a great 5th and a snapshot of my team strength 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I would definitely work on Yogi. He's the ultimate 6.9 guy and a catcher that will dominate all modes. On top of that, he'll get you plenty of bonus points for a good while. Normally, I wouldn't suggest slowly working on a guy, but ATGs are the exception because their shelf life will continue to grow as the game continues. 
    You run a solo club so I do understand the reluctancy, but Idk man. At the end of the day, what else will you use xp on? Your WoH team is pretty much set.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Are either Aaron or Molitor worth leveling for WOH ? Aaron would be a long project. Can .3 discount clubs be used on Aaron as long as he is in a weekend box ? Thx. 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Yes on AARON discount.  Got a .30 this weekend if you need
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Are either Aaron or Molitor worth leveling for WOH ? Aaron would be a long project. Can .3 discount clubs be used on Aaron as long as he is in a weekend box ? Thx. 
    Leveling ATGs is a lot of fun - I wouldn't hesitate if u have the resources to do it. He will always be a strong part of your line up. 
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Your team is set already. Stop spending lxp on all other players and dump it into yogi. He’s the best player in the game right now. If you can level THAT many recent legends, it will take just a couple of weeks . Just join a 30 percent discount and get field pass. Do it now while he has the extra discount from weekend
  • Options
    TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    I fully expected this thread to be about talking to women 
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts

Since you brought it up @TyroneEastwood ... there’s this “girl” (unconfirmed) named Mandy who lives in Alabama I’ve been sexting with. Met thru TSB. Do I travel to Alabama and risk getting murdered for a little action? 
  • Options
    TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts

Since you brought it up @TyroneEastwood ... there’s this “girl” (unconfirmed) named Mandy who lives in Alabama I’ve been sexting with. Met thru TSB. Do I travel to Alabama and risk getting murdered for a little action? 
    If you're the type of person to enter the van painted with "free candy" then you have your answer. But no, unless you can confirm the tits are not hairy. AMA
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    whynot said:
    Yes on AARON discount.  Got a .30 this weekend if you need
    Thanks. Please send an invite.