TSB 2020- playing? Expectations?

1235

Comments

  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 1,706 Posts
    @DFBB can you please delete this new user, @Nordictrac. Hes a not a good person. He owes me money.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 612 Posts
    I wonder how many people peruse the forums for the content and don't ever post like @Nordictrac
  • NordictracNordictrac Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I literally just joined because I was told I was mentioned lol I paid the money I owed you to your lovely wife @dkarski87 , did she not give it to you? ;)
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,237 Posts
    I literally just joined because I was told I was mentioned lol I paid the money I owed you to your lovely wife @dkarski87 , did she not give it to you? ;)
    Welcome to the forum
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 750 Posts
    @DFBB


    if you’re righting wrongs today, I have a guy I’d like to have you reach out to.  Jerk told me he could get me free VIP status

    still waiting on that one.....
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 4,565 Posts
    edited January 16
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    I will be playing next year for sure. The one thing I am not quite sure of is how high I will progress my team (Silver, Gold, or Diamond). I jumped to Diamond fairly quickly this year and don’t much regret it. It has been a grind to keep up with the success of many teams that are still in gold though. I feel gold is the sweet spot because it wouldn’t be too difficult to max out upgrades and pennants. I actually love being in Diamond, but when Silver and Gold teams are demolishing me in CVC when they have a maxed Silver bonus guys, but my same bonus guys are only at P10 or D1, it can get frustrating. I know the benefits of being in Diamond, but there are many players who can easily cycle cap in WOH at Gold. It doesn’t take nearly as many cycles to cap them, that’s for sure. 
    I've seen many state that they plan on staying at gold for '20. In '19, everything has been catered towards diamond players and to be specific, they dominate every club event. It's difficult to see that changing for '20 so if club events are important to you, it's something to consider. 
    I understand that events seem to be catered to diamond teams-especially today’s event but in order to be competitive in these events I typically spend way more resources than I would gain if I were to win. I’m probably looking at top 3 today and will end up in the red on resources. I’m not sure why it’s so great to be diamond in this particular instance. Criffy is gold and cycles hof with no problems and gets the same reward as diamond players. Plus it cost him a lot less resources to level up his players so that he can max them out-not sure where the diamond advantage is there. Same with mythical dragons And he’s silver. Plus many others that I failed to mention. I’ve had my diamond team beaten many times in cvc by gold squads-where is the advantage there? I know that their hit ratings and upgrades are nowhere close to mine and we face the same pitchers.  We get the same cvc rewards wether we are gold or diamond-not sure where the diamond advantage is. As a diamond player I will never starve for evo but buying evo boxes is probably cheaper down the road than buying tons of xp boxes-not really a diamond advantage in my eyes. I only buy field pass because I’m diamond-disadvantage goes to my wallet on that one.  Let’s not forget about the incredible amount of time diamond players spend  tapping our phones instead of doing other things-disadvantage to our kids and other members of our  families We all view things differently but these  items and others are how I see them. That being said gold will be my max next year. 
    My bad. I wasn't specific. I said club events, but I meant to say club points. In terms of TSB, diamond guys who plan on being silver/gold, have you guys considered the 'positives' of the diamond life? You'll become reliant on others for donations(the race to a plat/diamond club is nuts early on) as well as club points. Personally, I can't 'go back.' If I play '20, I will race to diamond asap. Obviously, everyone is different but I think others may over look that aspect. There will certainly be some changes for '20, but again, it's difficult to imagine that change would involve a shift away from diamond. 
    As far as being 'efficient' with your time/gold vs rewards, I think that's often overstated. If you're having fun, what does it matter if you're spending more resources than you're receiving? 
    Mi casa es su casa...except during cvc. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 1,706 Posts
    @DFBB is that a NO on removing @Nordictrac ????
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 4,565 Posts
    criffy said:
    I wonder how many people peruse the forums for the content and don't ever post like @Nordictrac
    A ton. I have people message me often that never post. 
    Mi casa es su casa...except during cvc. 
  • NordictracNordictrac Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Good to see you keeping the forum guys in line @DFBB , some of them look like they could get a bit unruly
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,237 Posts
    Pros and cons to every level of play. Achieving a platinum solo club would be difficult without going diamond and with the cool down period. Sometimes diamond life is fun sometimes in mindlessly tapping through another cycle. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member Registered Users 2,774 Posts
    Good to see you keeping the forum guys in line @DFBB , some of them look like they could get a bit unruly
    I’m just waiting until the day @DFBB retires and then I’ll start throwing the S-word all over the place














    stupid 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,237 Posts
    My wife uses the S word all the time-but it’s Stop
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 4,565 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    My wife uses the S word all the time-but it’s Stop
    Still talking about tsb? lol
    Mi casa es su casa...except during cvc. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,237 Posts
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    My wife uses the S word all the time-but it’s Stop
    Still talking about tsb? lol
    It depends-are you asking as the moderator or just another forum member?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 1,202 Posts
    It would seem the consensus for most is to not go past gold in 20... hrrrmmm 🧐 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 93 Posts
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    I will be playing next year for sure. The one thing I am not quite sure of is how high I will progress my team (Silver, Gold, or Diamond). I jumped to Diamond fairly quickly this year and don’t much regret it. It has been a grind to keep up with the success of many teams that are still in gold though. I feel gold is the sweet spot because it wouldn’t be too difficult to max out upgrades and pennants. I actually love being in Diamond, but when Silver and Gold teams are demolishing me in CVC when they have a maxed Silver bonus guys, but my same bonus guys are only at P10 or D1, it can get frustrating. I know the benefits of being in Diamond, but there are many players who can easily cycle cap in WOH at Gold. It doesn’t take nearly as many cycles to cap them, that’s for sure. 
    I've seen many state that they plan on staying at gold for '20. In '19, everything has been catered towards diamond players and to be specific, they dominate every club event. It's difficult to see that changing for '20 so if club events are important to you, it's something to consider. 
    I understand that events seem to be catered to diamond teams-especially today’s event but in order to be competitive in these events I typically spend way more resources than I would gain if I were to win. I’m probably looking at top 3 today and will end up in the red on resources. I’m not sure why it’s so great to be diamond in this particular instance. Criffy is gold and cycles hof with no problems and gets the same reward as diamond players. Plus it cost him a lot less resources to level up his players so that he can max them out-not sure where the diamond advantage is there. Same with mythical dragons And he’s silver. Plus many others that I failed to mention. I’ve had my diamond team beaten many times in cvc by gold squads-where is the advantage there? I know that their hit ratings and upgrades are nowhere close to mine and we face the same pitchers.  We get the same cvc rewards wether we are gold or diamond-not sure where the diamond advantage is. As a diamond player I will never starve for evo but buying evo boxes is probably cheaper down the road than buying tons of xp boxes-not really a diamond advantage in my eyes. I only buy field pass because I’m diamond-disadvantage goes to my wallet on that one.  Let’s not forget about the incredible amount of time diamond players spend  tapping our phones instead of doing other things-disadvantage to our kids and other members of our  families We all view things differently but these  items and others are how I see them. That being said gold will be my max next year. 
    My bad. I wasn't specific. I said club events, but I meant to say club points. In terms of TSB, diamond guys who plan on being silver/gold, have you guys considered the 'positives' of the diamond life? You'll become reliant on others for donations(the race to a plat/diamond club is nuts early on) as well as club points. Personally, I can't 'go back.' If I play '20, I will race to diamond asap. Obviously, everyone is different but I think others may over look that aspect. There will certainly be some changes for '20, but again, it's difficult to imagine that change would involve a shift away from diamond. 
    As far as being 'efficient' with your time/gold vs rewards, I think that's often overstated. If you're having fun, what does it matter if you're spending more resources than you're receiving? 
    With how this season turned out, there's no way I stay at gold again. Looking for a new challenge so I'm planning on racing to diamond from the beginning. Since there are so many high-rollers at diamond, there's no way they regress back to '18 using gold to level diamond players right?
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 713 Posts
    cb11 said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    I will be playing next year for sure. The one thing I am not quite sure of is how high I will progress my team (Silver, Gold, or Diamond). I jumped to Diamond fairly quickly this year and don’t much regret it. It has been a grind to keep up with the success of many teams that are still in gold though. I feel gold is the sweet spot because it wouldn’t be too difficult to max out upgrades and pennants. I actually love being in Diamond, but when Silver and Gold teams are demolishing me in CVC when they have a maxed Silver bonus guys, but my same bonus guys are only at P10 or D1, it can get frustrating. I know the benefits of being in Diamond, but there are many players who can easily cycle cap in WOH at Gold. It doesn’t take nearly as many cycles to cap them, that’s for sure. 
    I've seen many state that they plan on staying at gold for '20. In '19, everything has been catered towards diamond players and to be specific, they dominate every club event. It's difficult to see that changing for '20 so if club events are important to you, it's something to consider. 
    I understand that events seem to be catered to diamond teams-especially today’s event but in order to be competitive in these events I typically spend way more resources than I would gain if I were to win. I’m probably looking at top 3 today and will end up in the red on resources. I’m not sure why it’s so great to be diamond in this particular instance. Criffy is gold and cycles hof with no problems and gets the same reward as diamond players. Plus it cost him a lot less resources to level up his players so that he can max them out-not sure where the diamond advantage is there. Same with mythical dragons And he’s silver. Plus many others that I failed to mention. I’ve had my diamond team beaten many times in cvc by gold squads-where is the advantage there? I know that their hit ratings and upgrades are nowhere close to mine and we face the same pitchers.  We get the same cvc rewards wether we are gold or diamond-not sure where the diamond advantage is. As a diamond player I will never starve for evo but buying evo boxes is probably cheaper down the road than buying tons of xp boxes-not really a diamond advantage in my eyes. I only buy field pass because I’m diamond-disadvantage goes to my wallet on that one.  Let’s not forget about the incredible amount of time diamond players spend  tapping our phones instead of doing other things-disadvantage to our kids and other members of our  families We all view things differently but these  items and others are how I see them. That being said gold will be my max next year. 
    My bad. I wasn't specific. I said club events, but I meant to say club points. In terms of TSB, diamond guys who plan on being silver/gold, have you guys considered the 'positives' of the diamond life? You'll become reliant on others for donations(the race to a plat/diamond club is nuts early on) as well as club points. Personally, I can't 'go back.' If I play '20, I will race to diamond asap. Obviously, everyone is different but I think others may over look that aspect. There will certainly be some changes for '20, but again, it's difficult to imagine that change would involve a shift away from diamond. 
    As far as being 'efficient' with your time/gold vs rewards, I think that's often overstated. If you're having fun, what does it matter if you're spending more resources than you're receiving? 
    With how this season turned out, there's no way I stay at gold again. Looking for a new challenge so I'm planning on racing to diamond from the beginning. Since there are so many high-rollers at diamond, there's no way they regress back to '18 using gold to level diamond players right?
    Go diamond now so you get a taste of it before the new season
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    I will play 2020 because I’m... like many others... addicted to this game. I was sucked into the diamond run by all the talk on the forums. It was fun for awhile, earning that much gold and never being worried about having enough evo. But it started to become a grind and time suck. I’ll stick to silver and gold next year, watch videos for gold and cap my legends easier. 
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I agree with what you said above DFBb you'll become reliant on others for donations. I ended 18 playing solo and have played 19 mostly solo. There is always a way to get gloves, I will give away the best scheme I ever saw, “Nudes for Gloves” posted on global. I know of a certain 1%er  that dropped gloves and posted nudes of his wife.  



  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 750 Posts
    Good to see you keeping the forum guys in line @DFBB , some of them look like they could get a bit unruly
    He’s not going to sleep with you
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 3,181 Posts
    DFBB said:
    My bad. I wasn't specific. I said club events, but I meant to say club points. In terms of TSB, diamond guys who plan on being silver/gold, have you guys considered the 'positives' of the diamond life? You'll become reliant on others for donations(the race to a plat/diamond club is nuts early on) as well as club points. Personally, I can't 'go back.' If I play '20, I will race to diamond asap. Obviously, everyone is different but I think others may over look that aspect. There will certainly be some changes for '20, but again, it's difficult to imagine that change would involve a shift away from diamond. 
    As far as being 'efficient' with your time/gold vs rewards, I think that's often overstated. If you're having fun, what does it matter if you're spending more resources than you're receiving? 
    Yes sir, I've thought about it. I've come to the conclusion that I needn't worry about club points and events at all! If I can be gold and simply skip a whole Tuesday, I think that would be much better than spending gold to land players I don't like just for points in an event I don't enjoy. Same as Wednesday's, if Royale is catered to diamond teams then I can just try my hand at woh for a bit, cycle SF, and be done with it for the day 😬 I think a lot of people need to downsize the time they play, and I'm certainly one of them. Just can't let the "free gold" suck me in, and instead be extremely selective in spending my gold (only buy the once a month good boxes 😂).
    Just me in my world of enemies.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 3,181 Posts
    The problem for me is this: early in the year, diamond is FUN. As the year progresses, it became a huge drag and there's no going back. As much as I would love to jump out to diamond, I'll need to avoid the drag it will become for me. 
    Just me in my world of enemies.
  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    The problem for me is this: early in the year, diamond is FUN. As the year progresses, it became a huge drag and there's no going back. As much as I would love to jump out to diamond, I'll need to avoid the drag it will become for me. 
    I think that's fair.  Like I said earlier I mainly jumped so early because lower levels were so boring early on.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 3,181 Posts
    The problem for me is this: early in the year, diamond is FUN. As the year progresses, it became a huge drag and there's no going back. As much as I would love to jump out to diamond, I'll need to avoid the drag it will become for me. 
    I think that's fair.  Like I said earlier I mainly jumped so early because lower levels were so boring early on.
    I think it had a lot to do with woh as well. When classic was all that was needed, it took a lot less time to cycle cap the bxp guy in 5 levels. Then, you earned enough bxp to cap another bonus player to use. A lot less time was needed, and the reward was much more useful (bxp went way further than lxp does). Save that bxp, and repeat this for Wednesday royale, and you ended up with enough bxp for 2 or 3 weekend bonus guys using a discount club 😬 it was a totally different game in my mind 🤷‍♂️
    Just me in my world of enemies.
  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Pros and cons to every level of play. Achieving a platinum solo club would be difficult without going diamond and with the cool down period. Sometimes diamond life is fun sometimes in mindlessly tapping through another cycle. 
    We will see if thats even a factor next year.  Getting a Platinum/Diamond Club for CVC was a big deal early on but in reality with the way the game went it wasnt really a big deal.   Cvc rewards havent been updated since probably July or maybe even earlier.    And 1500 bxp for a diamond match win has been the same since March
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,237 Posts
    @Mattattack I like getting pxp for high round and an extra box for mvp in a platinum club as opposed to gold. Other than that it’s not a big deal. Cheaper loyalty boxes in a gold club is a bonus of not moving up. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,237 Posts
    @retirepujols my sentiments exactly. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 545 Posts
    The problem for me is this: early in the year, diamond is FUN. As the year progresses, it became a huge drag and there's no going back. As much as I would love to jump out to diamond, I'll need to avoid the drag it will become for me. 
    I think that's fair.  Like I said earlier I mainly jumped so early because lower levels were so boring early on.
    I think it had a lot to do with woh as well. When classic was all that was needed, it took a lot less time to cycle cap the bxp guy in 5 levels. Then, you earned enough bxp to cap another bonus player to use. A lot less time was needed, and the reward was much more useful (bxp went way further than lxp does). Save that bxp, and repeat this for Wednesday royale, and you ended up with enough bxp for 2 or 3 weekend bonus guys using a discount club 😬 it was a totally different game in my mind 🤷‍♂️
    The Classic cycling in the beginning was extremely fun. Everything about it was. Ironically this is when I spent the most.  When HOF was brought in, that’s when I noticed the games’ decline. D6 cycling instantly became a requirement for maintenance and upgrading.  I did it for a few weeks, but really lost interest. Purse tightened up at that point. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 4,565 Posts
    The problem for me is this: early in the year, diamond is FUN. As the year progresses, it became a huge drag and there's no going back. As much as I would love to jump out to diamond, I'll need to avoid the drag it will become for me. 
    I think that's fair.  Like I said earlier I mainly jumped so early because lower levels were so boring early on.
    I think it had a lot to do with woh as well. When classic was all that was needed, it took a lot less time to cycle cap the bxp guy in 5 levels. Then, you earned enough bxp to cap another bonus player to use. A lot less time was needed, and the reward was much more useful (bxp went way further than lxp does). Save that bxp, and repeat this for Wednesday royale, and you ended up with enough bxp for 2 or 3 weekend bonus guys using a discount club 😬 it was a totally different game in my mind 🤷‍♂️
    The Classic cycling in the beginning was extremely fun. Everything about it was. Ironically this is when I spent the most.  When HOF was brought in, that’s when I noticed the games’ decline. D6 cycling instantly became a requirement for maintenance and upgrading.  I did it for a few weeks, but really lost interest. Purse tightened up at that point. 
    I guess I'm in the minority. Many have said similar things, but I found very little joy in beating pitchers that were below my tier. Similarly, HoF was amazing early on but eventually turned into classic. Well, until recently. 
    Mi casa es su casa...except during cvc. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,237 Posts
    @DFBB you are what I consider an elite player so imo that puts you in the minority. Hof was a bit like classic for a while but then came The Bump. That ruined for a lot of players myself included. Classic is boring but a great way to earn resources. Hof is a major grind if the goal is to cycle cap a diamond player. All star is? I have no idea what all star is because the rewards aren’t much different than classic so I’ve never tried it. How about if there was a prime player reward for all star? This might satisfy the better players that aren’t elite. 
Sign In or Register to comment.