So Confused (As Always)

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

Silver team, go into L6 with a lineup assuming no Leadoff skills active. VERY competitive against Ruth, lost probably because of my “mistaps” after two 80g boosts.  Switch to a lineup assuming Leadoff skills ARE active. Get to Ruth with Molitor, 16/16, NO GOLD BOOSTS, and he smokes Ruth after initial ground out. I’ve read with great respect everyone’s posts, opinions, etc on Leadoff skills. Just like other skills active or not. But for one, being Silver, I’m not supposed to be able to do this (right Doc 😂) but to do this with a supposedly 1 skill active Molitor so easily.....🤷‍♂️ 

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Oh, Molitor is actually in leadoff position in lineup for other modes. Could that matter? Maybe I should try another leadoff skill guy not in leadoff in lineup? 🤷‍♂️
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    sometimes you just gotta chalk it up to RNG. the larger sample size you have, the more of a feel you have it - if you're cap cycling (which i doubt you are at silver), then you get a much bigger sample size of what works and what doesn't.

personally i have never tried the leadoff skill - have had no reason to, but have heard from countless others that have tried with large enough with sample size that it doesn't stay on in WOH
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’ve never had much issue using a lead off skill player at 6-10. But.... sample size for a silver team is much smaller than a plat or diamond team. So who knows? Though I wouldn’t hesitate to use molitor at 6/10 who is currently sitting at sub on my team. But..... glu gives me 0 reasons to play woh 😕😡
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’ve never had much issue using a lead off skill player at 6-10. But.... sample size for a silver team is much smaller than a plat or diamond team. So who knows? Though I wouldn’t hesitate to use molitor at 6/10 who is currently sitting at sub on my team. But..... glu gives me 0 reasons to play woh 😕😡
    Agreed. I’ve never seen a “reward” yet to make me chase WOH. Resources, yes. Players, umm...No! But late in the year, wanted to see what all the fuss was about
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Yeah unfortunately there just haven’t been many players worth cycling for in 19. The message has been clear all year they want to us to buy boxes $$. Greed. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I think we can all say we miss the Doc. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I think we can all say we miss the Doc. 
    Not yet, I'm still waiting to hear from @ReadingFightingPhils first ☹️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    getting all these reactions from @beck1998ggg who is a new user as of 1/24/2020. Is that the doc's burner account???
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    criffy said:
    getting all these reactions from @beck1998ggg who is a new user as of 1/24/2020. Is that the doc's burner account???
    Maybe is there a vagina like high pitched whining coming from it??
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.