Add Me to the Masses

More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
edited February 2020 in General TSB Discussion
After CS’ latest screw up - telling me I did receive the global gifts yesterday, when I didn’t - I’ve decided I will not give Glu another dime of my money.  Since it’s clear they are doing all they can to slowly make it very difficult to play for free or even small amounts of money, the only way I can do that is by stopping my addiction here.  Not to mention, I can pay $60 once every few years and buy MLB the Show, which gets the rosters updated by dedicated fans and I actually get to pitch, play defense, etc.

Sad that they ruined a game with so much potential.  Also sad that I damaged my bank account so much in one year.  However, not sad that I found this forum and the group of guys I chat with on the Line app because of the game.  I will likely still be around on here from time to time, but the TSB 2019 app has been deleted off my iPhone and iPad, and I won’t be downloading 2020.

Really do appreciate all the help I’ve received on here from so many...thank you to all that make the forums fun and educational 👊
Prev1

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Congratulations on breaking your addiction can you help the rest of us? 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Yes, you just have to have the discipline to not download 2020.  I’m good at principle decisions like that, but have no self-discipline to prevent my finger from hitting the purchase buttons once inside the app 😂
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

There ARE other baseball games out there.

Hell, I've been playing the shit out of the original Bases Loaded on the NES the past two weeks.

It hasn't once asked me to spend $100 to improve my team yet!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Yes, you just have to have the discipline to not download 2020.  I’m good at principle decisions like that, but have no self-discipline to prevent my finger from hitting the purchase buttons once inside the app 😂

Easier said than done. I keep telling myself I won’t download 20, and I’ve declared to my wife and kids that I won’t, but I lay in bed at night thinking about what keepers I could bring over. This game is a vicious, vicious drug.

That's easy, and I can help:
    Remind yourself that your keepers will cost 5X the amount to level up, then recall what GLU has done with resources since January.

You are very welcome! I'm here until naptime.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• AllstarbennyAllstarbenny Registered Users, Member 30 Posts

Remind yourself that your keepers will cost 5X the amount to level up, then recall what GLU has done with resources since January.

Will it really cost 5x more? Been only playing the game for a month or so.
  • EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts

It will, but in bxp.  Skills however, will still take the cash, bxp, pxp, etc. route and those costs are also elevated.  
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts

Yes, but it is BXP. The skills are the problem as they also cost 5X the original. That is a LOT of PXP, LXP, and especially GOLD !!!

It will, but in bxp.  Skills however, will still take the cash, bxp, pxp, etc. route and those costs are also elevated.  
    From the looks of it since it's going to be expensive to do all that the only players work keeping will be the ATG and 600's.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Rippers said:

Yes, but it is BXP. The skills are the problem as they also cost 5X the original. That is a LOT of PXP, LXP, and especially GOLD !!!
    I've echoed the same sentiment. I gave examples of how once lxp was introduced, keepers quickly fell off the curve and that's a direct result of the skills being 5x. 

@mo@More2Most2First Honestly though, if you stay around the forums/game, it's going to be difficult to quit for good. Either way, best wishes to you.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Rippers said:

Kinda tragic cause that'll make my ATG Mantle worthless when it comes to skills.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    buddydave said:

Easier said than done. I keep telling myself I won’t download 20, and I’ve declared to my wife and kids that I won’t, but I lay in bed at night thinking about what keepers I could bring over. This game is a vicious, vicious drug.
    Lol 😂 I said and do the same thing!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m serious. The best way to break the addiction is to have your spouse change your Apple ID/ google password. It broke me cold turkey. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m serious. The best way to break the addiction is to have your spouse change your Apple ID/ google password. It broke me cold turkey. 
    Problem.. if my wife knew $.. I probably wouldn’t have a wife 🤔
    Problem.. if my wife knew $.. I probably wouldn’t have a wife 🤔
    Money doesn’t have to be a part of the conversation. It’s “I really need to break the habit of playing this game so much. If I delete the game and you change my password, it isn’t coming back”. Even if you do get it back (because it was previously downloaded and didn’t require a password to re-download, you can’t purchase anything. 
    @Bigpredfan valid point.. 👍🏻 Strangest addiction I’ve ever had and I’ve had a few 😂
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts

Hell, I've been playing the shit out of the original Bases Loaded on the NES the past two weeks.

RBI Baseball 1-3 & Baseball Simulator 1.000 & Baseball Stars 2 > Bases Loaded 1-4 :)
    I'm with you though. The problem is TSB gives me my gaming fix at work.

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts

I was able to find a Super Nintendo online with 60 games. Got it last night. Picking up a cable tomorrow to make it work on my TV. Best 45$ I’ve spent this year!  I’m hoping to ditch this game. Really crappy addiction when there’s no incentive to play

There is a 135 game cartridge for the SNES I am about to purchase myself that has a few baseball games on it too. Taking the recommendation above to try the old RBI baseball games. My 435 game NES cartridge I bought a few weeks ago is just getting abused right now. I'm having a blast playing all these old games.

TSB is just too damn expensive for the ROI. This weekend is a solid reminder of that. I've put hundreds of dollars into this app and there is literally NOTHING that makes me want to touch it this weekend. Not even to farm gold (which they are about to limit too). Then, on Monday, we already know part of the day for WoH will be obsolete when the "death window" is turned on OR they decide to jack Ruth's skills up again to where no one below diamond can cycle cap. It is only a matter of time before they do that again just to squeeze resources.

Also, I highly recommend getting controller extension cords too. Will make your life so much better.

Also, I highly recommend getting controller extension cords too. Will make your life so much better.
    Ah yes. This console was created when TVs were 1/4 the size they are now. I’ll add that to my amazon order 

I was able to find a Super Nintendo online with 60 games. Got it last night. Picking up a cable tomorrow to make it work on my TV. Best 45$ I’ve spent this year!  I’m hoping to ditch this game. Really crappy addiction when there’s no incentive to play
    I still play my Super Nintendo from time to time (had it since they first came out around 1992-3ish) and my N64. Played Goldeneye this week actually 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I would advise getting Everdrives for your retro systems. StoneAgeGamer.com sells them. You can pretty much put every release on one cart. Those multicarts from eBay and AliExpress arent bad either. I own about 95% of the 8bit & 16bit library but Once Everdrives came out, swapping carts went out the window. They're just display pieces now.
    Most of my gaming at home is done right here in my gameroom. :)

That’s a nice set up. I have an LSU room, also serves as my office. Not enough room for my gaming systems due to all the memorabilia and guitars.

I would advise getting Everdrives for your retro systems. StoneAgeGamer.com sells them. You can pretty much put every release on one cart. Those multicarts from eBay and AliExpress arent bad either. I own about 95% of the 8bit & 16bit library but Once Everdrives came out, swapping carts went out the window. They're just display pieces now.
    Most of my gaming at home is done right here in my gameroom. :)

Can you adopt me?  
    @Scioscia_Fan that’s awesome 👏 😎 gamers paradise 

I still play my Super Nintendo from time to time (had it since they first came out around 1992-3ish) and my N64. Played Goldeneye this week actually 
    I always ended up trading up on my consoles (ie; go to store and trade old system in for newer system). So I was never at mind to keep them. In hindsight, it was a terrible decision 

That's one thing I am happy I did. I boxed my shit and put it in the attic when I was still living at home so the rents wouldn't get rid of them. When I moved out for college (1994) I brought all of it with me. Only "tragedy" was my original NES console got smashed during a damn party at my apartment. The guy who did it replaced it, but with one of those newer small consoles.  I wanted another original but in 1995 there was no ebay and I didn't feel like going to pawn shops every week. To make up for it, he gave me a box full of his old NES games he no longer wanted to go with it, so it worked out.

When I moved out of college, I bequeathed it all to my baby bro that was 7 years younger, so he could play it in college. The deal was he had to keep it all intact, and he did. 20 years later, he gave it all back and comes over every so often to hit it up.

What I did sell were my old Xboxes, PlayStations and Sega consoles.  Currently have an Xbox One, but use it more for apps and not games. My son made me keep my PS3, and he plays it. Why, I don't know. That damn console is the size of a DJ Booth.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited March 2020

I'm a purger, not a collector. I use ps3 controllers w/pi3 and have 3k+ ROMS from nearly every console up to N64 on a 32GB SDHC card. Keep it all in a shoebox with USB/power/HDMI cables to charge controllers and power the pi.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Raspberry pi is the way to go!