A Year in Review: Biggest Glu Ups of 2019

ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
As 2019 version comes to a close, what do you think was Glu's biggest mistake in 2019?

A Year in Review: Biggest Glu Ups of 2019 48 votes

Cooldown
41%
MattattackBigpredfandkarski87rmouse511ihuffglu2003cobraEamusCatulibarnstormbombersCOWPILEYBlackFang4jrichmanesqmythicaldragon1994EXPOSShoveItUpYoenis2keanuthonjerrye23StillHaraycooldowncanadacubssquirtymcsquirtNoTeethPelosi 20 votes
Beard Oil Box Fiasco
6%
bryzzo1744slafrance2fatDaddy 3 votes
Larry Bowa Bait-N-Switch
12%
fahhq2aaronchennBigburgBigBibbins333TyroneEastwoodTheFullMonte 6 votes
Willie Mays Bait-N-Switch
8%
DODGERSYANKSDOAJEDDDOGGYTBWepacriffy 4 votes
ATGs Released Too Late
4%
JTPASTORJunior2466 2 votes
No 3rd Baseman ATG
0%
Keepers Too Expensive
2%
Rippers 1 vote
Poor Communication/Lack of Transparency
12%
buddydavemancov2001Tdub71cb11drsmartassphdTXAG17 6 votes
Not Enough Stickers
6%
DantemavericksFrankTheTank04toddgurley30 3 votes
Other (Will Post Below)
6%
ToughthundercatsPhillyPhan87jalapenocubbies 3 votes

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Larry Bowa Bait-N-Switch
    repeated bait and switch.  Over and over.  In game screwups on a near regular basis, and the most incompetent customer service department imaginable.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    ATGs Released Too Late
    The Cooldown didn't affect me as much or that'd be number 1. But really disappointing changes from 18 to 19 were how ATGs were handled. Only helpful for club points, no different from the player spotlight kind of degrades their value imo. Keepers were expensive but I leveled mine eventually. 
  • keanuthonkeanuthon Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Cooldown
    The cooldown effected other people on my club a lot more than me.
    Just seemed pointless and dumb. Otherwise had to accept GLU was all in charge. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Don't forget "frickery"

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Lack of communication/transparency is, has been, and probably forever will be, the biggest issue, in my eyes.

Bait-and-switch is directly tied to this.  Not to mention the wildly inconsistent handling of issues through CS.

I will say that I feel the transparency issue has improved slightly with @blueleopard being more present on the forums, so maybe there is hope.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooldown
    The reason I said cool down was because it removed a lot of the “game within the game” aspect for a lot of clubmates, friends who play. It started to affect my desire/ability to sleep at certain times which ruined a lot of the fun for me 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I still say "lack of transparency" is a HUGE part of how these jerks generate revenue. When you have people who are willing to spend to get answers to gameplay, you can leave a lot open for interpretation and just direct CS to "keep them guessing".  That is, to me, clearly a part of their business model and a main reason I'm not playing 2020.

@bigpredfan: what you guys did for my club was awesome, and much appreciated.  However....don't let this game dictate your sleep schedule, bro. LOL. Even on days where I want to cycle WoH, I still make time for the all-important nap. Keeps me sane.

Speaking of...hopefully I wake up in time for CvC. If not, oh well.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Cooldown
    Cooldown. Complete boner-breaker
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    Changes to WOH. Increased levels for lesser reward. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    repeated bait and switch.  Over and over.  In game screwups on a near regular basis, and the most incompetent customer service department imaginable.
    I picked transparency because I believe the bait-and-switches are intentional more often than not. Almost all the reasons, even cool down, have a transparency element behind them.
    edited March 2020
    Cooldown
    To this day, I still don’t understand the motive behind Cooldown. If Evo was the issue, just make it more scarce or charge a premium for it. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    To this day, I still don’t understand the motive behind Cooldown. If Evo was the issue, just make it more scarce or change a premium for it. 
    I think it possibly had something to do with CVC sniping as well. There were a lot of complaints about that, yet they still never put out a message as to setting your club to private to prevent that. Thanks @buddydave.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    To this day, I still don’t understand the motive behind Cooldown. If Evo was the issue, just make it more scarce or change a premium for it. 
    I think making it harder to join weekend discount clubs was a big motivation for them. 30 v 10 is a difference of about 200K PXP/LXP at Diamond
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    To this day, I still don’t understand the motive behind Cooldown. If Evo was the issue, just make it more scarce or charge a premium for it. 

JustinT24 or the like coming in paid to bracket bust. Maybe. I don't really know anymore based on how Glu treated repeat offenders of illicit resource gains at the end there, eventually caving nearly altogether cause they generated so much damn revenue. I understand that the objective is to profit but this company stands for literally nothing else, at any cost whether it be player base or the product they peddle. **** the deadlines, **** the quality, just keep giving us your money.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    I'm going with the changes to WoH the difficulty for players that are below the curve. They had a really good thing going with WoH In 2018, they really Glued it up in 2019. Also the fan rewards, I have been playing since 2015 and this is the first year ever that the players offered have been sub par below the curve players. Even the mid week fan rewards. Spend all that gold for a rental player for the weekend bonus points or mid week bonus points. They really devalued gold by doing so but still charged the super inflated prices.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    edited March 2020
    I think it possibly had something to do with CVC sniping as well. There were a lot of complaints about that, yet they still never put out a message as to setting your club to private to prevent that. Thanks @buddydave.
    You’re welcome, although I can’t take any of the credit and that kind of sniping was never a concern. I never contacted GLU about the need for a cooldown. All of you diaper-filling crybabies made me want to contact them and tell them to keep up the good work but I never did. Oh well, it’s almost over!

Enjoy the 2020 Feces Fiesta for me! Hope you show GLU your continued displeasure by giving them lots of money as always!  :)
    Cooldown

JustinT24 or the like coming in paid to bracket bust. Maybe. I don't really know anymore based on how Glu treated repeat offenders of illicit resource gains at the end there, eventually caving nearly altogether cause they generated so much damn revenue. I understand that the objective is to profit but this company stands for literally nothing else, at any cost whether it be player base or the product they peddle. **** the deadlines, **** the quality, just keep giving us your money.
    Well written @dustyhunks. But even if the illicit resource gains were in a problem, a simple patch or upgrade would’ve corrected that. 

Well written @dustyhunks. But even if the illicit resource gains were in a problem, a simple patch or upgrade would’ve corrected that. 

Yeah don't get me wrong, the onus is 100% on Glu. Just illustrates my point even further; cheating is bad unless it's done by those that pad their bottom line.
    Cooldown
    I don’t like to be negative or cynical all of the time. This community within the game is incredible. I had hoped that the developers of this game realized that by now, but that is long gone. I’ve played a lot of mobile games, and this is the only one that stuck. It’s actually a very good game. Lots of potential. Lots of areas to grow on. Killing the community play has its downside. I understand it’s a numbers game for Glu, but I honestly feel they went about it the wrong way. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooldown
    I don’t like to be negative or cynical all of the time. This community within the game is incredible. I had hoped that the developers of this game realized that by now, but that is long gone. I’ve played a lot of mobile games, and this is the only one that stuck. It’s actually a very good game. Lots of potential. Lots of areas to grow on. Killing the community play has its downside. I understand it’s a numbers game for Glu, but I honestly feel they went about it the wrong way. 
    I mean seriously, how many games/apps have survived on your phone for years?  It truly isn’t many. This one somehow finds a way to stay. 

I seriously doubt it's developers that are killing/milking/swindling or plain **** people over. The technical mistakes probably come more from an unrealistic or unrealized management expectation or the tools they use for deployment combined with lack of testing or knowledge. Based on the product the last two years the TSB team at Glu has to be quite lean.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Larry Bowa Bait-N-Switch
    I feel bad for the dudes who chased 7th inning Willie and are now getting bent over by glu
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Other (Will Post Below)
    Changes to WOH. Increased levels for lesser reward. 
    I can't believe I'm not seeing more of this. They made WOH more difficult in general by adding an extra level, and then made the rewards worse, and people here are complaining about stickers? I went from cycling WOH here and there in '18 to not even bothering with it in '19 beyond level 4 or 5. My spending is way down this year as a result, which hey could be a good thing.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Larry Bowa Bait-N-Switch
    I feel bad for the dudes who chased 7th inning Willie and are now getting bent over by glu
    Come on now.  GLU stood tall on that and compensated those guys a whole 5200 BXP for that.

sheesh.  Rough crowd 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Willie Mays Bait-N-Switch
    Tyrone knows my story. I chased Willie, caught him, immediately brought him over as a 2020 keeper as a double late innings stud at shortstop. It stuck for a few days but they changed him over the weekend. I called shenanigans but my unicorn was gone forever. Not only that, they refused to refund me the 21k gold I used in chasing Willie in 2019, giving me 5k blue cash as a "sorry but not sorry" compensation gift

Whatever BS CS feeds you about keepers being locked is untrue, blue was able to switch out my keeper no problem. He's been really helpful and personally has kept me engaged in TSB for longer than I anticipated given some of the cool stuff he's helped me with (VIP, VIP of the month, custom player). Appreciate it all, but I need to kick the habit personally - spent entirely too much time on this app for the year.