keepers from different teams

tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
both of my teams are connected to the same Game Center account, so now when trying to select the keepers in any of them, both teams show up in the list of available choices.

What would happen if using the weaker team I choose keepers from the stronger team? Would they still be available to select as keepers in my stronger team?

That's confusing

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I haven't done it yet so don't know if you can select them from multiple accounts. It may be an option though, either intentional or a bug, and that would explain some seeing player profiles with multiple identical keepers.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    both of my teams are connected to the same Game Center account, so now when trying to select the keepers in any of them, both teams show up in the list of available choices.

What would happen if using the weaker team I choose keepers from the stronger team? Would they still be available to select as keepers in my stronger team?

That's confusing
    Just wish I could have my Keepers. I've tried everything. Wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I'm connected through my Facebook account which isn't a Google account?
  • GildrakGildrak Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    edited March 2019
    tocopan18 said:

That's confusing
    I have the same thing, one on my phone and the other on ipad with the same gc. It seems you only get keepers on one so make sure you do it on your main. But you can select from either team.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    You can only select one team per device so make sure that u pick wisely. Either your strongest account or more importantly the account with you’re keepers
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @Houmy and @2003cobra
    i didn’t mean selecting the 3 keepers out of two teams.
    What i meant was for example, on my ‘19 ipad team when i go to keepers it shows a list of available teams to open (the ‘18 team on that ipad and the ‘18 team in my iphone). I didn’t move forward in the process, but then when i opened my ‘19 team in the iphone, the keepers screen also shows the same list of available teams to open and pick keepers. Obviously i canceled here also.

My question was: 
    could i pick the 3 keepers in my ipad team and then when choosing the keepers in my iphone team, open the same ‘18 ipad team and choose the same 3 keepers?

i guess i will find out once i do it tomorrow in my ipad (stronger team).
    Then i will check in my iphone team to see if i can still choose the same team/players as keepers.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    @Houmy and @2003cobra
    What i meant was for example, on my ‘19 ipad team when i go to keepers it shows a list of available teams to open (the ‘18 team on that ipad and the ‘18 team in my iphone). I didn’t move forward in the process, but then when i opened my ‘19 team in the iphone, the keepers screen also shows the same list of available teams to open and pick keepers. Obviously i canceled here also.

My question was: 
    could i pick the 3 keepers in my ipad team and then when choosing the keepers in my iphone team, open the same ‘18 ipad team and choose the same 3 keepers?

Then i will check in my iphone team to see if i can still choose the same team/players as keepers.
    I don't know. My main team on my personal phone only showed my main team. My backup team on my backup device only showed my backup team. Same GameCenter log in.

I would pick which device is your MAIN team, and pick the Keepers from that one FIRST. Once they are locked in, then go to your secondary device and see what happens.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    tocopan18 said:
    @Houmy and @2003cobra

My question was: 

I don't know. My main team on my personal phone only showed my main team. My backup team on my backup device only showed my backup team. Same GameCenter log in.

I would pick which device is your MAIN team, and pick the Keepers from that one FIRST. Once they are locked in, then go to your secondary device and see what happens.

yeah, that's what i'm planning on doing
  • GildrakGildrak Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    @Houmy and @2003cobra

My question was: 

I was in beta and this is exactly what I did. The second device does not get the option to keep players so do your main team on your main device. You do however have the option of picking your keepers from either team linked to your GC profile. Hope this helps.
  • hitmatichitmatic Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Is the Game Center log in the same as the backup account?
    it didn't work obviously.
    I added the keepers in my main team (using my main '18 team) and then when I went to the other device to choose the keepers, the main team (in '18) was not in the list anymore, so I had to select the secondary team.
    It was too good to be true.
    I'm kinda having fun with the display glitch though. Wonder how many tickets the poor CS staff is dealing with just because of this.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    You have 2x keepers, and I can't even get my keeper list to populate.  I'm so bummed.  CS offered one solution that didn't work and then went ghost on me. 
    Metsicans said:
    You have 2x keepers, and I can't even get my keeper list to populate.  I'm so bummed.  CS offered one solution that didn't work and then went ghost on me. 
    @Metsicans none of us have any extra keepers. If you force close the app and reopen you can sometimes add a duplicate keeper to the featured players section but still have the 3 keepers on your roster so it's just a display glitch for that section. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out for you soon though.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Metsicans said:
    @Metsicans none of us have any extra keepers. If you force close the app and reopen you can sometimes add a duplicate keeper to the featured players section but still have the 3 keepers on your roster so it's just a display glitch for that section. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out for you soon though.

Ah, i see.  Just a display glitch.  I assumed you put into CS to have them remove duplicate keepers lol. 

As for me, once a couple days pass, I assume I'm out of luck.  Then I have to decide whether I want to play this season without the keepers.  I was pretty wedded to my Mantle and deGrom. 

@Metsicans just give it time and they should be able to figure it out for you. I am assuming you followed all the instructions and downloaded the app from the same play store, or iTunes equivalent, account as the 18 version? That's what I did with mine and everything worked out fine. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    it didn't work obviously.
    I added the keepers in my main team (using my main '18 team) and then when I went to the other device to choose the keepers, the main team (in '18) was not in the list anymore, so I had to select the secondary team.
    It was too good to be true.

Glad to see that it was fixed. I heard through the grapevine that it was being abused in beta.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @Metsicans check out the thread below as one of the admins,@victorvictoria ,has some more insight about the keepers not showing up and possible reasons/remedies for it.

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/comment/6676389#Comment_6676389