Left handed hitters in slugfest

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
Well you apparently can’t hit it over that stupid wall, so left handed batters are pretty much useless. Dumb. 

Wouldve been nice to know before pumping all my resources into Votto.
Prev13

Comments

• spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    Was just about to post the same thing.  It's possible to hit it over with higher rated players, but any line drive to right field has no shot.  Am I missing something?  Or should we only be upgrading right handed sluggers?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    IMO the hitting the wall is just another way of saying the timing wasn't quite right on the swing.   Usually lefty homers come hitting it to the left of the wall
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I can’t even hit one out to left field pulling it with a righty, maybe twice per round. They all fall at the warning track. 

Whats the point if it is impossible to beat it? I outrank my opponent like 118 to 80 in most cases and cannot even get close to beating them.

• bocoprobocopro Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Ran into this too. Maybe they’ll change the stadium in an update. For now I’d put resources into righties.
  • RichNorwoodRichNorwood Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Gotta aim for the power alley with lefties. I just cycled slugfest after putting most of my resources into sluggers (most are lefties). It takes about a 90 overall guy to have a good chance of clearing the wall. Ps last guy on 5.10 was Schwarber at 142 overall but hes beatable with a "my legend" at 106
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Gotta aim for the power alley with lefties. I just cycled slugfest after putting most of my resources into sluggers (most are lefties). It takes about a 90 overall guy to have a good chance of clearing the wall. Ps last guy on 5.10 was Schwarber at 142 overall but hes beatable with a "my legend" at 106
    The last guy is 142? That's crazy.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    The last guy is 142? That's crazy.
    Yeah but I went 10/10 with my legend for a score of around 5300 and Schwarber only put up like 3k or so, couple of closer calls on 5.8 and 5.9 with my guys at 98 and 96 (both lefties) vs their 118 and 124 ish
    edited March 2019
    3k? Puig on 2.9 is putting up at least that much every time I get to him.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Just cleared it with Kolten Wong at B5 ?? 395ft. Only time so far as I try to go power alley's most times.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    3k? Puig on 2.9 is putting up at least that much every time I get to him.
    Must have just been a bad round for CPU, the highest I saw was around 4600 I believe.  I dont recall the CPU ever going 10/10
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If it wasn't for the blue monster stopping 5 out of 10 towering shots in some innings and the server/app lag making the pitches stop momentarily and then speed up I would say I am on the right track for a repeat of my 18 slugger performance.

Decided to use the welcome package gold I got on sluggers and now I am set for future cycles. Seeing that today's prize is now my 5th best slugger I'd say I got lucky with the draft picks (top 5 that really matter anyway).

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    If it wasn't for the blue monster stopping 5 out of 10 towering shots in some innings and the server/app lag making the pitches stop momentarily and then speed up I would say I am on the right track for a repeat of my 18 slugger performance.

Decided to use the welcome package gold I got on sluggers and now I am set for future cycles. Seeing that today's prize is now my 5th best slugger I'd say I got lucky with the draft picks (top 5 that really matter anyway).

Why do you think theres no per HR bonus for Baez today? Is it always like that in the beginning? I didnt start till Nov last year
    @RichNorwood honestly I don't remember how it was last year as far as the bonus slugger goes but I want to say it has always been the prize slugger. Also when 18 started there was no Royale yet so Wednesdays were always slugfest.

HTF is Travis Shaw a better slugger than Joey Gallo. What?
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Harsh - don't even get the win for a tie 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Guess I need to fine tune my timing a little more - throw me a bone glu..... hahha 

nice job @Houmy  I just cant seem to get consistent timing down quite yet.  I did make it up to 5.9 once but Harper put 5400 which i just couldnt compete with even on my best round.   Now im usually messing up somewhere between 5.3 and 5.7.   Wont break my back on it this week but hopefully Slugfest plays a nice role like it did early last year.
    nice job @Houmy  I just cant seem to get consistent timing down quite yet.  I did make it up to 5.9 once but Harper put 5400 which i just couldnt compete with even on my best round.   Now im usually messing up somewhere between 5.3 and 5.7.   Wont break my back on it this week but hopefully Slugfest plays a nice role like it did early last year.
    I think glu cranked up the difficulty a little bit since I beat it earlier, 2nd cycle has been much harder
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Twice I got the “oops we need to restart” immediately after beating 4.9 in slug and it was a daunting challenge to get that far... I bought a bunch of gold draft picks and got nuthin but 3* wastes of time. Tried a bunch of silver picks and got one 4.5*.. so it’s comforting to know that black cloud of crap results for picks and boxes continues, as well as the return of app glitches despite a new device. I’m pumped lol
    It will be good to spend more time on other things this year.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Sandpipers I got that restart errror message after beating 5.8 and of course, it started me back at 5.1. Obv, I was a little bit more than annoyed. It was a brutal grind, but I got my first four star+ slugger in Baez. 
    My take on the wall is simple: don't hit it there. Seriously, there's a nice short wall to the left of it and that's where I attempt to hit it. Fwiw, the lasers hit the wall, but the moonshots will go over them. 

PS: @Houmy Um, your sluggers are cheat mode! 🤩
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I can only assume that Baez wasn't the bonus because he was also the reward last week for those who had access to beta. I sure hope it's not a sign of things to come.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Harsh - don't even get the win for a tie 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Guess I need to fine tune my timing a little more - throw me a bone glu..... hahha 

I hit 9 balls perfectly with a 1 star and ALL of them landed on the warning track. You can't win with a 1 star, so you will have to buy some picks. A 3 star can hit homers without powering up, anything less is a crapshoot. Obviously the higher overalls the bigger the window you have for hitting home runs.

I don't know what it is, but I just don't enjoy Slugfest at all. It feels like more pressure to me than WOH hero and less enjoyable.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    edited March 2019
    @DFBB :lol: @ cheatmode 

For my part I plan to completely ignore WOH during the Royale and stick to Slugfest. With my current lineup I don't have a shot at WOH anyway and can get more resources from Slugfest. Plan to get it to where I was in 18 in 2 or 3 weeks where I can autoplay all the way up to 5.5 to speed things up. How are you going about it?

Picked up Trout, Grandal, Braun and Renfroe so far in picks. Grinding gold to get as many 4+ guys I can. Picks are still discounted today thru midnight it looks like.
    @Houmy I probably should've went all in on derby, but I capped my keepers and my legend already. I will focus on derby until I have enough to cap my keeper bats in silver(and their skills).I did buy two #1 picks today and I got two four star sluggers so I'm pumped! It's not quite Houmy-good, but it's good enough for me! lol 
    DFBB said:
    @Houmy I probably should've went all in on derby, but I capped my keepers and my legend already. I will focus on derby until I have enough to cap my keeper bats in silver(and their skills).I did buy two #1 picks today and I got two four star sluggers so I'm pumped! It's not quite Houmy-good, but it's good enough for me! lol 
    Oh buddy. Were you not in class the day I said "DO NOT GO CRAZY OVER YOUR KEPPERS" right away?

@Houmy You must've gave that speech on a Mon or Weds night. Right after WoH, I'm drained and everything goes in one ear and out the other. lol
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Houmy said:

This really helped me, thanks for this.  I agree, I think it's the way to go.
    In the "Level Completed" screenshot, it shows the players as level zero LOL. 

I know it's just a display issue but it is still funny to me for some reason.
    I just purchased a batch of slugger picks. Picked up 3 4 stars and a 5 star Muncy so hopefully ready for next week
  • hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    I took yalls advice on slugfest...invested too late in 18. I was able to pick up trout, and a couple four stars and made it to 5-7 in slugfest yesterday. It seems this is the way to go right now until I get a good woh squad together. Thanks for the help guys