Frequently Asked Questions, and an Introduction to VictorVictoria

[Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
*takes out loud horn*

I have an announcement to make!

(Nobody listens.)

I SAID I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!

(Still, nobody listens.)

Oh well, I'll still make the announcement.  In fact, I'll make a few announcements! :)

First of all, welcome to the new MLB Tap Sports Baseball 19 forums.  The game is officially live, and with a new game will always come an onslaught of different questions.  So I want to point you towards our Frequently Asked Questions page.

If that doesn't answer your questions, there's always the private messaging system in case you need an Admin that works with Glu Sports. That said, in addition to myself, Sparkle, and sometimes Sage popping in to help you out, we've brought along a new recruit from the dark side!

Please welcome VictorVictoria!

Vic is pretty awesome and is just getting to know our system and how everything works.  If for some reason you can't reach me or Sparkle, Vic will be there for you.

That's all.  Enjoy your tapping!

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    What about those goodies for this afternoon's trouble?
  • victorvictoriavictorvictoria Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 10 Posts
    Hi everyone! I'm here to help out!
    I'm mostly toiling in the background, but I'm keeping an eye on the forums!
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    benny100 said:
    What about those goodies for this afternoon's trouble?
    The dude I discuss that with is out on lunch since we were out all morning and noon figuring stuff out.  We got you.  Don't worry.

Believe it or not, Day One of a game launch at a gaming studio isn't the easiest day of the year. ;)
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Hi everyone! I'm here to help out!
    Welcome and glad to know you're out there to keep an eye on things. Now that I got the pleasantries out of the way, with that introduction you made they should have named you Big Brother (Orwell,  not that crap on TV) instead. No?  🤐😁🤘
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    First off, what’s up guys! Somewhat new to the forums here. I have a couple of questions. trying to figure out this whole forum format and how to navigate around. 
    Is it better to be linked through email or FB?
    2nd, I’m linked through email at this time, if I want to change that, how do I go about it?
    One more thing, how in the world do I start a discussion? Thanks in advance, sorry, like I said, newbie here, lol
    hornsup17 said:
    One more thing, how in the world do I start a discussion? Thanks in advance, sorry, like I said, newbie here, lol
    Welcome to the forum. To answer your questions:

1 - Best thing is to bookmark the link below so you always go to the new discussions page:
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussions 

2 - To start a discussion just click the "NEW DISCUSSION" button at the top of the page in the forum, not shown in a specific discussion but in the categories page, and then select "General TSB Discussion" as shown below as that is the thread that gets the most attention.

Let us know if you have any more questions and we should be able to guide you along.

• ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    *takes out loud horn*

I have an announcement to make!

(Nobody listens.)

I SAID I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!

(Still, nobody listens.)

Oh well, I'll still make the announcement.  In fact, I'll make a few announcements! :)

First of all, welcome to the new MLB Tap Sports Baseball 19 forums.  The game is officially live, and with a new game will always come an onslaught of different questions.  So I want to point you towards our Frequently Asked Questions page.

If that doesn't answer your questions, there's always the private messaging system in case you need an Admin that works with Glu Sports. That said, in addition to myself, Sparkle, and sometimes Sage popping in to help you out, we've brought along a new recruit from the dark side!

Please welcome VictorVictoria!

Vic is pretty awesome and is just getting to know our system and how everything works.  If for some reason you can't reach me or Sparkle, Vic will be there for you.

That's all.  Enjoy your tapping!
    Can you tell me how to have an account deleted?
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    hornsup17 said:
    First off, what’s up guys! Somewhat new to the forums here. I have a couple of questions. trying to figure out this whole forum format and how to navigate around. 
    2nd, I’m linked through email at this time, if I want to change that, how do I go about it?
    It doesn't really matter.  We just really want you to link your account because it'll be easier to recover it if you were ever signed out.

Customer Care gets "Oh crap, I got signed out of my account" tickets all the time, and then they have to spend even more time following up asking for usernames, which users also often forget.  Big headache. 

Try to help us help you out.  That's all I'm saying.

There's no coming back from a deletion, so we typically don't like to do that--especially now that Keepers are a thing.  But if you insist, Customer Care does have the ability to delete your account entirely.
    hornsup17 said:
    It doesn't really matter.  We just really want you to link your account because it'll be easier to recover it if you were ever signed out.

Customer Care gets "Oh crap, I got signed out of my account" tickets all the time, and then they have to spend even more time following up asking for usernames, which users also often forget.  Big headache. 

I completely understand. Reason I was asking is because I’ll eventually end up getting a new phone and I’m trying to make sure the transfer goes smoothly. Thanks again for the tips
    hornsup17 said:

By the way, This question was in regards to the TSB 19 acct, not the forum acct
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts

There's no coming back from a deletion, so we typically don't like to do that--especially now that Keepers are a thing.  But if you insist, Customer Care does have the ability to delete your account entirely.
    I ended up with 2 accounts uninstalling and reinstalling trying to get my Keepers, now I can't access the account with the Keepers. Deleting 1 of the accounts seems like the only recourse. That or forget about my Keepers. 
    If any of you are thinking about deleting the actual 18 app from your devices now that 19 is out just make sure all the keepers you want to take with you, if you have not transferred them yet, are on your active roster first. If they are on inactives then you won't be able to select them and the 18 app seems to have already been taken down from playstore for future downloads. Not sure about iTunes. 

• joe040joe040 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Welcome and good luck with your new position VictorVictoria. I was wondering if anybody else having issues with their CVC points not posting on the scoreboard? I also cannot trade in or spend loyalty points? I have trouble tickets in but no response yet just curious if I am the only one?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    your jailed most likely.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • NYY 15'NYY 15' Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    When will you be introducing Prime or Legendary players in 2019? Considering the prices and odds are the same for currently "special" players that max out overall at 305 to 315, it's very disincentivizing to spend a boat load of gold for a 2.5% chance of getting a player whose max overall will soon rival that of a standard 4.5* player.

OR will you be scaling up these early special edition players, so they will be competitive with future special edition players?
    @NYY 15' I am guessing we'll see primes right after the 39th 19 version of Trout is released. So that would put it around 2 weeks in my estimate. 

• victorvictoriavictorvictoria Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Member, Moderator 10 Posts
    Chii said:
    I ended up with 2 accounts uninstalling and reinstalling trying to get my Keepers, now I can't access the account with the Keepers. Deleting 1 of the accounts seems like the only recourse. That or forget about my Keepers. 
    This sounds like to me an issue with logging into/out of a Google Play/Game Center account. If you're not seeing the 2018 team with your desired keepers, your device is probably logged into a Google Play/Game Center account which is not connected to it. Try (1) relogging into your Google Play/Game Center account (log entirely out, then in again), and if that doesn't work, (2) try logging into a different Google Play/Game Center and see if your 2018 progress shows up.

If all else fails, definitely send in a Customer Support ticket: we can probably sort this out. Make sure you know your account/team names for both 2018 and 2019 and explain the situation.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Chii said:
    This sounds like to me an issue with logging into/out of a Google Play/Game Center account. If you're not seeing the 2018 team with your desired keepers, your device is probably logged into a Google Play/Game Center account which is not connected to it. Try (1) relogging into your Google Play/Game Center account (log entirely out, then in again), and if that doesn't work, (2) try logging into a different Google Play/Game Center and see if your 2018 progress shows up.

If all else fails, definitely send in a Customer Support ticket: we can probably sort this out. Make sure you know your account/team names for both 2018 and 2019 and explain the situation.
    Thanks for this post.  I'm having a similar issue with my keepers not populating.  I even tried a different GameCenter account that my family uses, and although different team selection options opened up, my main account is still nowhere to be found.  I'm guessing this is because i had to get a replacement phone recently when my old one busted.  In any event, I've sent three message to CS but no response yet.  if you have any other tips, I'd be very appreciative! 
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I would like to thank Vic ! Clubmate had some big issues with his installation of 19'. Vic investigated and remedied the situation. This guy knows what he is doing. Thanks again VIC, your Aces

@Mulderken are you able to chose keepers from your inactives?

• MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Not sure why you tagged me. I haven't even chosen my keepers yet
    Houmy said:
    OH I see what happened,  sorry I didn't mean or even know I clicked on disagree with your comment 
    Mulderken said:
    Houmy said:
    OH I see what happened,  sorry I didn't mean or even know I clicked on disagree with your comment 
    Not a problem. Not asking due to not liking the disagree. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving out incorrect information.

Houmy said:
    Mulderken said:
    Houmy said:
    Not a problem. Not asking due to not liking the disagree. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving out incorrect information.
    It's all good, my bad buddy  
  • ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts

Please, also review the Feedback posts for TSB18, so that they need not be reposted just as not-so-new ideas.
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area