Left handed hitters in slugfest

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @DFBB I did ok avoiding the wall until it got to 4.7 or so then it got tuff but my bigger issue was weak sluggers...bought a bunch but didn’t get good pulls. I’ll keep spending gold on them now to be able to cycle early...not gonna get left behind like last season hehe
    It's all done with mirrors
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Ready to roll!
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts

Ready to roll!
    Very impressive, I did not know if they released enough 4 star and above players, thanks for posting.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I bought a crapton of sluggers today with double gold, no 4.5-5*, though now have 9-10 4* guys got to 5.6 yesterday with only 2 of them so it may still work out next week.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Decided to buy a few more and now have 7 righties which will help get over the blue monster. Loving the cash challenges too as I get paired with extremely weaker opponents. Have made about 100K today which will help with upgrades and autoplay. Can't overstate it enough, invest heavily in sluggers in the beginning and you'll be better off in the long run.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Yeah not a bad idea to do it even if you lose, 100 bxp and 25 gloves. Feels like hitting is very different in this mode than any other mode, timing much more important.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dustyhunks IMO, it's the only event where skill is rewarded. It's a shame that it was basically killed off in '18. I'm not particularly hopeful, but it would be nice if it became a viable option again beyond bronze and silver.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I played a ton of battles yesterday and last night just to see if I could get my timing down better. And I did! However, it seems like maybe one pitch out of every few matches I will just swing right through it even though my timing is impeccable. Like I'm going 10/10 in a few matches straight and then inexplicably swing and miss even though my timing did not change. Ball literally just passes right through the bat. Anyone else? LOL maybe I am going nuts, but that is really going to make me mad if this happens when I'm trying to cycle it on Wednesday.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The 5 Star Muncy I picked up is able to clear the wall in right regularly.   So I'm guessing 5 stars and eventually prime sluggers wont be affected at all by it.  For now, hitting into it with your lower level sluggers is just another way of saying your timing wasnt quite right and there's less margin for error on the lower level ones.
    The 5 Star Muncy I picked up is able to clear the wall in right regularly.   So I'm guessing 5 stars and eventually prime sluggers wont be affected at all by it.  For now, hitting into it with your lower level sluggers is just another way of saying your timing wasnt quite right and there's less margin for error on the lower level ones.
    If it's a question of timing then it definitely has to be a lot more fine tuned now than 18 as in the 1st video below I should have gone 10 for 10 but as you see the damn blue wall is eating them up. Especially the 9th shot which should have landed in the next zip code.

Then there is the second video where a 384 footer in the 6th shot clears the wall. I started recording it when I saw shots like that making it and decided to try and hit it that way to test it out. Think I found a hole in the wall? Even had a 375 footer once. Hey if @DFBB can already start with #atgboostgate then I am officially kicking off #sluggergate :expressionless: 

https://youtu.be/9g2mgnXXAeg

https://youtu.be/bcjrWvdwKW4

Regarding #atgboostgate my Will Clark was carried over as 545 max instead of 550 max. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The 'floaters' will make it over the wall, but the laser shots will almost always hit the wall unless it's a capped legend(110). That said, it's such a small window that you're much better off aiming it to the short fence to the left of the monster.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Just FYI-I've been playing since beta, so I have a few 5* at silver 9 and it DOESN'T make it easier to hit over the wall. So, LH are pretty worthless even after leveling them. I wouldn't invest resources. But to each his own.
    Deuce said:
    Just FYI-I've been playing since beta, so I have a few 5* at silver 9 and it DOESN'T make it easier to hit over the wall. So, LH are pretty worthless even after leveling them. I wouldn't invest resources. But to each his own.
    I'll have to disagree with one part of that. My 4* & 4.5* got the job done and it was only an issue in 5.5-5.10. One part I agree with though is that RH help a lot more and that is why I am thinking of just resetting my custom legend as I am still in Bronze and make him a RH instead of switch hitter.

• DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Deuce said:
    I'll have to disagree with one part of that. My 4* & 4.5* got the job done and it was only an issue in 5.5-5.10. One part I agree with though is that RH help a lot more and that is why I am thinking of just resetting my custom legend as I am still in Bronze and make him a RH instead of switch hitter.
    Noted. I think it's more advantageous to have the custom legend as a switch to use in WOH. Since he'll improve throughout the year, I find more value in using him for WOH than slugfest. And I agree leveling helps, but you still have to hit the ball just right to get it over the wall. Otherwise, you have to go center or right-center. Just makes things more complicated in my opinion.
    @Deuce WOH is exactly the reason I haven't reset my legend yet. Figured I give Royale two more weeks and see how my lefties at 5.10 fare against the blue monster in slugfest and then decide. Got 5* Machado so he can handle 5.10 for now but he may pretty much end up being my 5th strongest slugger in 3 or 4 weeks making me have to use a lefty for 5.10.

Yeah not a bad idea to do it even if you lose, 100 bxp and 25 gloves. 

Definitely. I've been losing them on purpose when I need XP haha.
    Deuce said:
    I've always preferred lefties even in 18 and it's no different in 19. I'm able to get consistently decent runs with Lindor, Carpenter, Ohtani, even 4 star guys like Grandal and Morales. Think it's the R/L pitching matchup. The palm ball that gets thrown every now and then doesn't throw me off with a lefty like it does with a righty.

I also feel for those guys I mentioned hard hit balls of 445ft or more will clear the wall but an slightly earlier swing can get it up and over. Lowered tiered guys with hard hit balls will not clear it. Even 4 star guys have trouble sometimes. Most of my homers from lefties now tend to go from hot dog sign to batter's eye in center (blank black opening).
    DFBB said:
    @dustyhunks IMO, it's the only event where skill is rewarded. It's a shame that it was basically killed off in '18. I'm not particularly hopeful, but it would be nice if it became a viable option again beyond bronze and silver.
    Think I need to qualify my statement a little bit. Timing is important in other modes BUT pulling the ball seems to be harder to do for good contact not at a fielder in CvC, WoH games. I always try to go opposite field. I would say 90 percent of walk-off homers are from center to left for lefties and center to right for righties. Whenever I tried to hit when I first started in 18 in these modes it was like my batters were using rubber bats and very frustrating. I still pull it sometimes but it seems like the game makes that call. I always try going the other way...
  • drknight24drknight24 Registered Users 92 Posts
    Should i just max out the 4 and 4.5 stars for silver slugfest or eaise the 3.5 stars also? This is what i got. Hoping to cycle next royale.

Thanks for any advise.
  • troutanglertroutangler Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    how  do you get max info on sluggers ?

Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not Defeated
    @drknight24 You will have a hard time with any lefty 4 star and below clearing the wall in right every time.
    Should i just max out the 4 and 4.5 stars for silver slugfest or eaise the 3.5 stars also? This is what i got. Hoping to cycle next royale.

Thanks for any advise.
    I started by trading in my 3.5 lefties to have all righties.  Now, my bottom players are four stars so I'm trying to have all four star right handers as my floor (keeping the 4.5 star lefties but would love to get rid of them eventually too).
    @Houmy I did not cycle the Derby in previous seasons, how many top Sluggers (4.5/5 star) are you shooting for going into the Derby tomorrow?  Five 4.5 star and up players?  Top five players being right handed?  Will left handed players be better in autoplay?  How much cash to autoplay?  Sorry for a billion questions, I appreciate your help, your posts guided me the first week of this game this year.  Thanks
    @midgetmullet you want your top 5 (not including your legend) to be at least 4.5* to be able to get through level 5. As far as them being right handed or not that would be optimal but out of our control so we just have to go with what we get. As far as cash needed for Autoplay I am afraid I never tracked it and I didn't even attempt it last week as I only had around 300K. I am over 1Mil in cash now so I will see how far I can Autoplay tomorrow. I am guessing through 4.5 but we'll see.

edited April 2019
    It does seem like an update has been made and the wall is no longer an issue. Although, I'm a bit salty about trading in all those left handed sluggers now...
    @midgetmullet I see you practicing buddy. How far up the roster is your Austin?

edited April 2019
    Houmy said:
    @midgetmullet I see you practicing buddy. How far up the roster is your Austin?
    @HoumyAustin is my number 12 (last) slugger. As of now I have:
    5 star:  2
    4.5 star:  2
    4 star:  8

Just piling up cash right now to prepare for tomorrow, but I know I have to mine for gold to try to get at least one more 4.5 star player.
    @midgetmullet and is your legend capped? If so with 5 4.5*+ you should have a good shot at level 5 tomorrow. Hopefully the prize tomorrow will be a 5* now that the app is officially released to all regions. We need all the 5* sluggers we can get before Primes are released and level 6 is added. Once Legends are released level 7 will be added as well but I stopped playing then as I already had all the XP I needed and Royal was more attractive on Wednesdays. 

@Houmy yes legend is capped and skills are upgraded to level 8 (prime xp level). 

Awesome, thanks so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.