PLAYERS OF THE WEEK... Who is going to be?

ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

NL - Christian Yelch

AL - Khris Davis

Just guessing.

Need more Living Legends!

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'd assume those same players too. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Yelich and Beckham(ss)!
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    As a Mariner fan I am pumped for Beckham. I almost said him too.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Any idea how good the POTWs will be this early in the season? The first one I got in 2018 was in June, and he was only 290 max after the boost.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Any idea how good the POTWs will be this early in the season? The first one I got in 2018 was in June, and he was only 290 max after the boost.
    Verlander early in the year dropped to 240ish. But keeping him was worth it because he got re-boosted at the end of the year and then stayed 340 after that 
  • nelagesbuenonelagesbueno Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    I’m not sure how good the POTW will be this early but it has to be better than what I am running out there right now!
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m not mad at those pucks.  Beckham is great and Yelich is always money for me in events when I’ve had him!
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Do all POTW get re-boosted as the season goes or does it only apply if they win the award again and the current max levels get applied?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    This makes me wanna throw up, throw my phone, and quit the game all at once.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I was going to try my luck this morning, but decided not to because my Keeper is a SS. I was also afraid of the above happening to me.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The POTWs will be boosted for one week only, unless they are selected again later in the year. 
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I was going to try my luck this morning, but decided not to because my Keeper is a SS. I was also afraid of the above happening to me.
    I got Yelich on the 1st pull. 50/50, can't really beat that try. 
    I get the boosted part is temp, I was referring to their overall max rating. Does that increase over the season or does it only increase if they are selected again and what the max overall is at that time gets applied?
    Yelich will drop to 300 and Beckham to 290 next tuesday
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I get the boosted part is temp, I was referring to their overall max rating. Does that increase over the season or does it only increase if they are selected again and what the max overall is at that time gets applied?
    If they become POTW again, and IF GLU doesn't release a new version instead, then their max (boosted & regular) will go up as current maxes would by then be obsolete. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Thanks Houmy! I should have stopped when I hit Beckham the first time. I ended up getting him 5 additional times. In fact I don't think I ever hit the higher of the two POTW last year. I know is says 50% odds, but it probably is 5/45 inside of that for both players.
    Oh, and BTW first pull was 20 bonus games, I guess things will even out over the season. But rough start for sure.
    I always stop after getting one of them.
    I got 20 bgs the first box, then Yelich on the 2nd one. Odds of getting a specific player is only 25% so like @ZaneJ78,  I always stop as soon as I get a player.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I got Yelich at the first pull today also. I always do what you guys said, I stop right there.
  • spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    Went 0/6 before finally pulling Beckham lol.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Got Beckham 1/1 and I’m not testing my luck again.  Not worth getting him again or trash from the box.  
  • nelagesbuenonelagesbueno Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    I bought 2 boxes and got 40 bonus games.  Not the way I wanted to start out the year.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I like the odds but I don’t like the crap u get if it’s not a player