4-4.5 Star Hitters

COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
I have all of my hitters maxed to bronze 10, but the 4-4.5 star hitters (ranging 75-88 for hit) just suck in WOH and CVC (club is Silver 6). Will they be better ranked up to silver 10 or do they need to be replaced before ranking up to silver ? Bronze has not been much fun so far...even keepers maxed to bronze 10 are not great in these events either. Same question. Thanks. 

Comments

• Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Don’t invest in a player if their HIT rating is lower that 70 at Bronze 1 is my rule. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Thanks. Been doing that and the upgrades but really not getting the results except in prime games. Maxed Schmidt could not beat 3-8 in at least five tries today in WOH. Hoz was even worse. Lucky to score 1000 in a CvC round. Bronze bites so far. Is it more fun in silver ?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @COWPILEY bronze is the worst for WOH no matter who you have. Hank Aaron & Ted Williams struggle for me in level 2. Now if you want a WOH monster check out this guy. Love that speed 😏

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I thought the rule was to only upgrade 4.5 and 5 stars
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019

I've been going by what @Biceson44 said, hit at or higher than 70 at B1 (and for pitchers stuff at or higher than 70). I'm also keeping all of the players I level for the lame bonus boxes we've been getting when those players count towards something. I had probably 6 bonus players this last weekend that some were from boxes and some from draft picks from various things.

It's funny, couldn't get passed 3.7 yesterday in WoH though I got to 5.10 twice Monday yet Glu claims difficulty is reduced. Okay. It feels like a play for you to spend gold cause my hitters were noticeably nerfed yesterday. No extra base hits and singles were bloopers for the most part, nothing with any power, even keepers at 2/2 skill and legend up to 4, all B10. CvC is a waste of time as well though that could be related to my club being B10 compared to my team being B5. Not sure if there is correlation there or not.
    I use that guideline for pitchers also but the magic is wearing off on 2.5* Carlos Martinez (75-17-93)

I'm at 4 star at least for starters so I look at max as well for better gauge to get them in rotation given 70 stuff. I drop/trade-in anyone drafted that doesn't meet my criteria and hang on to those that do in case of bonus points. Sitting on around 29k xp for just trade-in which is a nice cushion to have when I get bold and want to upgrade keeper skills or go silver.
    What about relievers? Same rule? 
    Not necessarily. SR's are harder to come by that are 4 star plus, at least for me. I let the game decide for them for the most part. @marcoslo
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    The only pitcher that Ive upgraded so far is my keeper to silver 1. I’ve had no luck in the draft with pitchers and not wasting it. I would rather use it on hitters to help with cvc and WOH. Not sure if it’s the best strategy or not but it’s my approach. Also I haven’t upgraded any defense are base running. It’s all hitting and pitching. My wi Ming percentage is over 750 so I fell that it’s working ok so far
    @dustyhunks do you recommend not upgrading them unless they’re five stars then? 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I'm not there yet, but I would think that there's a considerable difference once you have caped bats in silver, along with capped hitting upgrades. 
    Part of the process is considering how you want to approach the game. For example, if you plan to be in bronze/silver for awhile, I don't see much harm in leveling fringe guys. If you want to move up a tier asap, then whatever bxp you're saying would be more valuable.
    Personally, I'm trying to hoard as much bxp as possible for a move to silver. However, leveling regular players is so cheap in bronze that I usually don't hesitate if it's someone that can be helpful for a given day(Peralta for example). Fwiw, I only care about hit/power for a batter and arm/stuff for a pitcher; with 'hit' and 'stuff' taking considerable priority. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I’m using the same rule for relievers just because I also have had miserable luck in draft picks/boxes. Don’t mind carrying 3.5* guy for LR and RP2 as they don’t pitch much as long as RP1 and closer are decent.  
    @COWPILEY so any pitcher with 70+ stuff B1 ?
    That’s what I’ve done so far. Since all ten are that now, any new guy needs to be noticeably better than a current guy before I’ll swap and invest resources.  Don’t have a cut and dried formula for figuring that (e.g. arm or overall).  Suggestions welcome. Anyone have thoughts on arm versus control ? 
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Here are my pitchers

@marcoslo As @DFBB said, at bronze it doesn't really matter, only 850 bxp to get to b10. If they're better than what I have now which is at least 70 stuff and 4 stars, I will max them out. Sitting at around 60k xp currently and make a couple thousand throughout the day based on events going on/how many homerun battles I need to lose.

@Boston0714 Nice! Jealous...