Just here for the VIP

badlarrysbadlarrys Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
Haven't seen a how do I get VIP in here yet. lol
With that said, going to try and be active here in hopes of VIP.
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    spend  $818
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • erichughes54erichughes54 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Hoping for the same here it sucks my friend has it and gets all kinda good shit
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    spend  $818
    I spent over $850 in ‘18, active in forums and social media but never got it. I asked why and they wouldn’t tell me.
  • SaladTosser69SaladTosser69 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I’m a VIP, I’ve dumped load of money into the game. I don’t know where people are getting the total of $818 from but it seems odd to be that number. I myself did spend over $800 but I was also active in the game everyday since release, I still haven’t missed a day of playing on 18 or 19. Also just started being active in forums this week. Keep grinding and don’t just dump money into the game unless you’re ok with it. Good luck man!
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    The $818 is what it takes to get the last purchase gold achievement in 2018, that's where that nu.ber comes from.
  • NixedNixed Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    I’m level 9 in all-star, and MaGiCaLlY the threshold to break “VIP All-Star” level 10 is 8180 ($818 equivalent)...... I’m sure that’s no coincidence
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Nixed said:
    I’m level 9 in all-star, and MaGiCaLlY the threshold to break “VIP All-Star” level 10 is 8180 ($818 equivalent)...... I’m sure that’s no coincidence
    Hopefully those that have reached level 10 can report back if they made VIP or not. One thing to keep in mind is that All Star "VIP" status could be separate from the traditional VIP status as they introduced an All star feature in 18 by invite only that had nothing to do with being a VIP. I am guessing they were beta testing it then.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• CLOVERDALECLOVERDALE Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    What’s best way to get VIP love this game Play everyday
  • hereforbeerhereforbeer Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Good luck! I’m trying too!
  • SGTJMONEYSGTJMONEY Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    I made it to level ten and yes I just got VIP
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    SGTJMONEY said:
    Awesome 😎 I’m so close to 9!  8-9 seems to be about 157$ (if my memory is serving me correct)  Any idea from 9-10? Also, did the “purple vip extras” open up? 
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    JahCoozie said:
    SGTJMONEY said:
    Awesome 😎 I’m so close to 9!  8-9 seems to be about 157$ (if my memory is serving me correct)  Any idea from 9-10? Also, did the “purple vip extras” open up? 
    Doh! I’m almost to 8 🤦🏻‍♂️😢 so 7-8, not 8-9...  
    SGTJMONEY said:
    Congrats. Start a ticket with CS and let them know to add your email to the VIP newsletter just to be on the safe side. Used to be you had to do that in the previous versions to get the monthly VIP gits and newsletters (1st Thursday & Friday of every month) and I am not sure if that has changed for 19.

• sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I understand VIP’s get extra gifts and I would love to get VIP, but I’m realistic about it. I play everyday, several hours a day. To the point my wife gets pretty upset. But I can’t afford to spend the money like others in this game. Don’t get me wrong I have no problem with people spending money on the game, even the large amounts they spend. I just can’t afford that. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the building a team and the chase to get the better players. So i will keep playing hours on end, watching videos to earn gold (love those double video weekends) and not stress about whether or not I’m VIP. 
  • funakorfunakor Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Double gold videos, yes.
  • SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    sarge268 said:
    I understand VIP’s get extra gifts and I would love to get VIP, but I’m realistic about it. I play everyday, several hours a day. To the point my wife gets pretty upset. But I can’t afford to spend the money like others in this game. Don’t get me wrong I have no problem with people spending money on the game, even the large amounts they spend. I just can’t afford that. I enjoy the game. I enjoy the building a team and the chase to get the better players. So i will keep playing hours on end, watching videos to earn gold (love those double video weekends) and not stress about whether or not I’m VIP. 
    Well said.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Ive played literally every day since 16 came out....Im here im active I do spend, Not quite $800 if I could be nominated my whole club previous and past said they would nominate me but alas not yet...someday!
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• iwishiwasbatmaniwishiwasbatman Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Hopefully they make me VIP. 
  • simplysuperdavesimplysuperdave Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Houmy said:
    SGTJMONEY said:
    Congrats. Start a ticket with CS and let them know to add your email to the VIP newsletter just to be on the safe side. Used to be you had to do that in the previous versions to get the monthly VIP gits and newsletters (1st Thursday & Friday of every month) and I am not sure if that has changed for 19.
    I got cut from the newsletter at start of 19 after being on it in 18 due to my VIP STAUS FROM 17 which couldn’t carry over per game design. I will put in a ticket to see if I can be added again and see if that works. 
    I did not spend hardly in 18 due to I thought I earned vip for good but that only started if you became vip in 18 which I did not. Only spent a couple hundred. Committed to spending in this version but just not all at once, and hopefully I’ll get an invite. I just miss the newsletter and those rewards, they helped a lot. 
    But yeah I haven’t missed a day and have even carried a club from 17 to 18 to 19, 
    live this game mainly just because it got me involved in baseball again 
    the vip thing is just tricky but you gotta make yourself known, don’t just play, be more involved in the game
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
    @simplysuperdave you must have been given incorrect information. 17 VIP did grandfather into 18.

@Houmy Based on customer service on on three versions. It bothered me quite a bit but they never done me wrong before. Now I feel I must make another attempt to get my vip newsletter and rewards restored 
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
    This is from CS on 19
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
    I kinda think they think I was wanting VIP status which I know I did not earn in 18 and on my way in 19, but I was simply just trying to keep my newsletter subscription and rewards going 
    I will wait on the invite to lounge when they seem ready. I’m a patient person. 
    I guess I will bother them some more
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
    My VIP TEAM FROM 17 Just to show I’m truthful here
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
    My 18 profile
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
    edited April 2019
    @simplysuperdave don't get me wrong as I didn't doubt your statement and was simply pointing out that CS probably gave you incorrect information which seems to be the case judging by that ticket you posted. I joined in 17 myself and was told by the VIP newsletter team directly that 17 would grandfather into 18 and even club mates of mine that played 16 told me their 16 VIP status carried into 17 as well.

I would just respond to the last the emailed VIP newsletter that you received and take the matter up with the VIP team directly. From your post I don't know if it is just the newsletter that you are not getting while your VIP status carried over or if you are missing the VIP icon as well?

I was told that VIP did not carry over from 17 to 18, that was per CS on all three versions which I still have. I was never invited to the vip lounge in 18, probably because besides the stadium and endorsements o didn’t buy anything due to how much I spent in 17. I couldn’t repeat that. 
    Many help from a Glu associate would be greatly appreciated 
    I will respond to the newsletter email and give that a go, good idea 
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
    @simplysuperdave I am glad the issue was resolved. You may even be able to get whatever 19 VIP gifts and welcome package items you missed out on if you ask them. Not guaranteed but worth a try.

@Houmy well so far so good, might as well try out that hotline and see
    Sincerly 
    SimplySuperDave
  • KraintstoffKraintstoff Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I’ve gotten to level 9 all star when asked I’ve recieved 2 different style of replies. One saying money wasn’t much a factor and you have to be specifically chose(that dev wasn’t much help) another that it was but also presence in forums  and activity and being in good graces and that spending plays a pretty heavy weight. I’ve never been jailed or anything. Spent the money and I play very plenty daily 
This discussion has been closed.