All Star Ticket Jankery

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
I had gotten 10 points for every dollar spent up to last night, when I purchased a $100 bundle and got zero All Star tickets. This was the CS response:

What kind of company sets sets up a reward system where sometimes you get rewards and sometimes you don’t (for spending money)? I’m appalled. #allstargate

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats gotta be a mistake man, Id be pissed. especially on big purchases like gold bundles. Did you take SS of your before and after all star tickets? If so, send an email to the VIP team.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I didn’t take a screen shot but I figure they can see the activity and track it like they do fan rewards. This was the VIP hotline and essentially this guy is saying you won’t always get tickets when you buy something, which is absurd since that is what the reward system is for... A rare item drop? Come on, man. 
    Yea that not correct. Cant be when it comes to purchasing bundles. Thats like saying I m gonna buy the box bundle but not every member will get a box, only random ones will. Close the ticket and make a new one, or do what I suggested. email the vip team.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I think at this point we know that CS does not know what they are talking about, at least not consistently. 
     Yea half my club did not follow up with CS for the 2019 newsletter and they all got their gifts. So yea point proven.
    – The Great Houmy
  • NixedNixed Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY breaking my posting silence here to (hopefully) help you out, since I was genuinely surprised by my interaction and CS immediately fixing the same issue you had. If you see my pics, I didn’t provide screen shots, I just told them what the number was at and what it SHOULD be and they took care of it (gave me an additional 300 in fact WOOP). I agree with dkarski.. I would suggest opening a new ticket, and telling them how much you should have gotten, if you haven’t already done so. Hope this helps!
    Okay, yes! That's the same exact thing that happened to me last night. I did get 300, but was supposed to get 1000. 

If you look in "News" in-app it even states 10 tickets per US dollar spent. So that rep obviously was completely clueless. I've opened a new ticket so hopefully they get me taken care of.

Thanks!
    That’s exactly what I did before submitting the ticket just to make sure I was actually due that amount wasn’t going crazy haha. 

I don’t know if it’s just clueless, or some willful ignorance since I’m sure they get “hey I need more tickets” requests all the time, but yes you’re definitely owed 700 more.. so that’s why I suggest dropping the substantive quantitive impact (only 300 vs 1000, how much you should have, etc.) so they can see you’re not just sitting there with your hand out for freebies.  

Let me know if it works!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Hope you all get what you are due. It does say 10 tickets for every dollar spent buying bundles so I am curious to know if things like subscriptions count towards it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

10 for EVERY dollar spent definitely implies subscriptions count towards it. And since there hasn’t been any griping about not getting tickets for VIP subscriptions yet, I would assume yes, they count.... or you just opened everyone’s eyes to a world of hurt lol
    Nixed said:
    10 for EVERY dollar spent definitely implies subscriptions count towards it. And since there hasn’t been any griping about not getting tickets for VIP subscriptions yet, I would assume yes, they count.... or you just opened everyone’s eyes to a world of hurt lol
    It's just the wording that I am concerned with as it mentions "Bundles" which is what you see under the specials tab where gold is bundled with other items.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Houmy That’s what I was wondering as well. Until it’s confirmed, I will only be buying bundles in the Specials Tab as I know that does count towards the tickets. Not sure about subscriptions though.
    @Houmy That’s what I was wondering as well. Until it’s confirmed, I will only be buying bundles in the Specials Tab as I know that does count towards the tickets. Not sure about subscriptions though.
    Being a Barves fan I jumped on the $30.00 Freeman offer just now and got 300 AS tickets so @JEDDDOGGY was definitely shorted as it does seem to be every $$$ spent.

The 2nd CS rep (I jettisoned the 1st lol) has "escalated my concern to the proper department" so hopefully I will get my tickets.

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I also got my 300 tickets for Freeman so definitively working fine with bundles. 
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I didn’t take a screen shot but I figure they can see the activity and track it like they do fan rewards. This was the VIP hotline and essentially this guy is saying you won’t always get tickets when you buy something, which is absurd since that is what the reward system is for... A rare item drop? Come on, man. 

• FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    The same thing happened to me last night also. I wound up buying another bundle and got  redit for that one. Oh well