Season Mode Difficulty Increased Already!

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @tshea510 the playoffs would put your franchise coins to good use. I would get a prime player if one is available for a position you need for the playoffs. Early in the season that's pretty much all they're good for and become useless later on.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Houmy said:
    @tshea510 the playoffs would put your franchise coins to good use. I would get a prime player if one is available for a position you need for the playoffs. Early in the season that's pretty much all they're good for and become useless later on.
    Thanks, sound advice, couldn’t agree more! Haven’t used any yet, I’m assuming the player takes the replaced player’s spot in your current lineup? Never used any last year unless very early on and I can’t remember that far back, lol
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Houmy said:
    Thanks, sound advice, couldn’t agree more! Haven’t used any yet, I’m assuming the player takes the replaced player’s spot in your current lineup? Never used any last year unless very early on and I can’t remember that far back, lol
    Yes if they have better stats than the player then they'll take over and if not that position then they'll bat DH if they are better than your DH.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Houmy said:
    tshea510 said:
    Houmy said:
    Yes if they have better stats than the player then they'll take over and if not that position then they'll bat DH if they are better than your DH.

Houmy said:
    tshea510 said:
    Houmy said:
    What I meant is in the manual lineup you do in Batting Order. From what I remember, the FP doesn’t actually show up there. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    What I meant is in the manual lineup you do in Batting Order. From what I remember, the FP doesn’t actually show up there. 
    The franchise player won’t show up there. What you have to do, if you want to set the lineup manually, is put the player who the franchise player will replace where you want to franchise player. For instance if I want my franchise coin player to bat 4th and he replaces my DH, set the DH to the 4th spot. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

Pretty good looking season on 4th time through. We’ll see how playoffs go
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Second season after failing in the first. 
    Now stuck in third place. 
    Might have to reset, haven’t had to do that before. 
  • NAVYDOC07NAVYDOC07 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I have a feeling my second season will be much better now that all but my keepers are capped at silver (keepers at 9)...still not bad for first season

• Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    edited April 2019
    1st time through. Team is silver upgrades to about 7 silver across the board. Won just at 90 games for the season. Got to 1st round of playoffs. Faced Arizona who I was 4-0 over the season  (when my team was weaker) Set up a prime franchise coin, used ice wrap for ace, and used 80 gold for both games. Got crushed 9-2 and 7-4. SMH. 
    And I just lost 8 straight bonus games. Haven’t had that happen before either. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Sounds like you might be playing teams in the next rank@likenight. If your team strength is high for say bronze then they will match you against silver teams of similar strength (which are almost impossible to win). 
    Impossible might be too strong but certainly difficult ;-)
    Thanks for the thought but I have mostly Silver guys (maxed) and I’m in a Silver club and my upgrades are up there too. Oh well.
    I strip down the roster and and put in bronze 1 for subs and some relievers for bonus games to get the team strength down and get a decent match-up
  • bodeen2011bodeen2011 Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    I got my butt handed to me, I went 85-31 my first year and got crushed in the first round 😢
    15-9 in my second season 
    4th place
    geez
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Doing okay but maddening at times. 

Also lost boost for keeper somehow. Wonder how often this happens when auto playing. 

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

Yay.  Squeezed a win in 3 games!!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Was able to win my first season including sweeping the playoffs. This would not have happened without Gibson and ice packs 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I grabbed Prime Braun from the franchise store and ice packs for Dock, and was able to beat the Rays in 3 games to win my first season in silver.  Was 42-6 in bronze, finished 48-20 in silver for a 90-26 season.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm currently in the semis, but have had some close calls. I could've played about 4 hours ago, but waiting another hour so that my 15% live boost will kick in. Definitely need all the help I can get!  :#
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Oh man....in the finals, down 2 in the bottom of the 9th, it didn't look good. However, my legend had other ideas and brought it home. 😁

Somewhat related, I posted this in other forum mistakenly:

I'm seeing disparity between team strength and game strength in all game modes. They never differ for opponents however. I've split my last 2 series with Yankees and Rays this season though I had the higher rated team by at least 3k. Game strength is always lesser for me than team strength. Anyone know why that is?

I'm seeing disparity between team strength and game strength in all game modes. They never differ for opponents however. I've split my last 2 series with Yankees and Rays this season though I had the higher rated team by at least 3k. Game strength is always lesser for me than team strength. Anyone know why that is?

I believe the lower one doesn't factor in team upgrades.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    First season finals - coasted into it more or less, got it to the 3rd game and then got beat up...... wet noodle bat.....damn what a buzz kill.... oh well. Only another 116 season games to go lol!
    @DFBB I just checked in 18 and numbers are equal. Regardless, what the hell is point of upgrades if they don’t actually help your team?! Also, the disparity changes between pitchers. 
    @DFBB I just checked in 18 and numbers are equal. Regardless, what the hell is point of upgrades if they don’t actually help your team?! Also, the disparity changes between pitchers. 

The upgrades help tremendously. It's my understanding that it's simply a display issue that apparently, didn't get fixed for '19. Your team Str is weighed with all five starters factored in. When you play a game, it's based on just your starter.

I didn’t see that last year in bonus games when I was fudging the roster to try to get better matchups. Game strength was way higher since the starting lineup was all my best players (by far) and a good starter. Is that true even when your best pitcher is starting ?

Team strength includes everyone on the active roster but even that gets affected by who is starting versus reserves. Experiment shuffling players around and you will see that. I’d put in one of my shiny new maxed out high overall players at the end of the year in the starting lineup and watch team strength go down until I could get skills up to the guy he replaced even though he was still on the bench. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have about a 1500 strength fluctuation between Dock (around 40500, and an underleveled Paxton I pulled from a 1st round pick today at around 39000).  Hit/Power/Pitching Coach/Clutch and In the Zone maxed at silver.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Season mode always sends me back to reality.  Was only 220 - 0 before I started season mode lol the second you play season games your team takes a dump!