BS POTW BOX ODDS

lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
Bought the potw box today....5 boxes....80 bonus games and 1kxp....what bs!!!
Prev1

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Last year certainly seemed like 50% odds. Thus year not so much. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    My rule is to only buy 1.  If I get somebody I don’t buy another one bc I know I’ll just get crap or a duplicate. Never more regardless of the outcome.  Not worth the trouble of ending up 0 for 5.  That’s too much gold invested for next to nothing back.  
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Hard to do that, but that is the best way to go. One and done, same for POTM. I got 20 bonus games with my pull today, so I guess I get to level up another Silver tier this week. 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I need the 5 star guys since i haven't had any luck with picks or weekend boxes. 3300 gold and 20 bonus games and 4k xp, i will follow this advice from now on. Almost bought gold out of anger, but stopped myself. Cant feed into what glu wants 
  • herringherring Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I’m furious. Just got 11 draft picks, all worthless 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    lpoheron said:
    I need the 5 star guys since i haven't had any luck with picks or weekend boxes. 3300 gold and 20 bonus games and 4k xp, i will follow this advice from now on. Almost bought gold out of anger, but stopped myself. Cant feed into what glu wants 
    I hear that.  Luck is all over the place on here, and it comes and goes.  Waiting it out will work tho.  Some luck will come your way so refrain from spending and going wild chasing guys.  If you’re that upset about chasing players in boxes then I’d recommend waiting for the players to release in the specials tab (like the Bellinger) for 29.99.  Not the cheapest but for what you’ll waste in gold, it’s a pretty solid option.  And in the future there will be better players released in the specials with skills for 19.99 as well.  I feel like anytime I’ve spent to buy a player, I’ve ended up pulling a great guy from a box right after that too.  The Glu Gods seem to do that to us a lot.  
  • HeadRushHeadRush Registered Users 33 Posts
    Got Trout on 1st pull
    lpoheron said:
    I hear that.  Luck is all over the place on here, and it comes and goes.  Waiting it out will work tho.  Some luck will come your way so refrain from spending and going wild chasing guys.  If you’re that upset about chasing players in boxes then I’d recommend waiting for the players to release in the specials tab (like the Bellinger) for 29.99.  Not the cheapest but for what you’ll waste in gold, it’s a pretty solid option.  And in the future there will be better players released in the specials with skills for 19.99 as well.  I feel like anytime I’ve spent to buy a player, I’ve ended up pulling a great guy from a box right after that too.  The Glu Gods seem to do that to us a lot.  
    The gold i wasted was from offers and events. From past experiences, it seems like gold bought and put towards boxes/players give you better odds than gold earned through rewards and offers. Conspiracy or getting GLUed? All the same lol
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I bought 1 box last week and got Beckham. I bought 1 box today and got Trout. I guess my luck for the rest of the year is going to suck. Once i get a player I stop buying the POW boxes. 
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    First pull was 2k xp. Than i did 1 more got bellinger. Im having way better luck om POTW boxes than the weekend onea
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    1 for 5 last week (Beckham)
    1 for 7 this week (Trout)
    I always stop after the first hit. I try to get at least one to help the club though, even if I don't need the player. This early on though, most of us kinda do.
    It really helped move my stadium progress along and the Trout won me the WOH for another Trout LOL
  • NAVYDOC07NAVYDOC07 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I got lucky and got Trout.  2nd POTW in 2 weeks
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    1 for 5 last week (Beckham)
    1 for 7 this week (Trout)
    I always stop after the first hit. I try to get at least one to help the club though, even if I don't need the player. This early on though, most of us kinda do.
    It really helped move my stadium progress along and the Trout won me the WOH for another Trout LOL
    Honestly that is brutal!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I usually limit myself to two attempts..........unless it takes more than that.....  ;)
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Absolute worst luck with picks altogether in 19. Got Tanaka first weekend after tons of boxes, and 2 5 star players from 1st round picks. I refuse to take 4 star chumps to silver! Glu wants me to upgrade my team and will punish me with losses until I do but jesus christ man, throw me a bone! 2 boxes, XP and bonus games. That's 100% of not a player! Bullocks....
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Had a guy in our club go 0 for 6 last week and then 1 for 5 this week. The odds are what they are and it's possible to roll tails 10 out of 11, but the bonus games are a real kick in the nuts.
    I went 0-3 last night. Bought the endorsement, first purchase of the year, bellinger 1st box today.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Had a guy in our club go 0 for 6 last week and then 1 for 5 this week. The odds are what they are and it's possible to roll tails 10 out of 11, but the bonus games are a real kick in the nuts.
    Bonus games are a kick in the nuts, for now..........  I’m just saving them up. Lol
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I’m that guy 😭
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Got lucky and pulled Bellinger on the first box.  Would have rather had Trout but no way would I chance it.  I'm sure ill go empty next time or the time after.  Just how it goes
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I took 3 pulls and got both Trout & Bellinger. Luck.
    Mothercousin! @LudwigMonster
    You ARE a monster....

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @dustyhunks well, maybe for a few days anyway.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Against better judgement I tried, 0/4 on potw
    It's all done with mirrors
    Me too @Sandpipers , 0/3...
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I was tempted with it myself seeing that Trout may very well be POTW again down the road but as my OF is already over crowded I decided against it. Figured if need be I'll just try down the road if he is picked again.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I pulled the trigger on the box cause still had a vacancy in my OF (4.5* Harper from the subscription trial). One box and got Trout. Like @Houmy said, very likely Trout will be POTW again at some point in the season so that is an added incentive. 
    Aside from that, today's bonus is 50k per hit vs Cody 100K per HR. Way more productive to get Trout I say.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Yeah. I got Bellinger last night and even maxed at Silver with hit and power attributes maxed at 40/40, he still barely hits home runs.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Trout first pull...yeet. 
     0/5....I can't stop! :(