Options

Pitching Event

Body71Body71 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
why not create an event where pitchers actually matter?  Perhaps a take off on WOH but you are in for the save. Can select which pitch to throw and go for the save. Would make the game much more interesting being able to use your pitchers. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    That would help expand the game more, nice idea! 
  • Options
    Body71Body71 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    It would be nice to have an event where pitchers matter. Would love to see a new event as well
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I don't see how the could do that because it is totally outside of the scope of this game. Tap Baseball is a game based on hitting only, I mean that's what the user can do. They totally took pitching/fielding out of the equation so that it is easier to play. We can autoplay a lot but certain stuff needs to be manually played.
    How can they make a pitching-based event without giving us pitching control? They can't.
    It is a nice idea, though. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @tocopan18 this was actually on a wish list post I made in 18. It can be done if they do it as a cash battle feature just like the homerun cash battles.

1 - You would start a battle and chose from your 10 pitchers (5 starters & 5 relievers)
    2 - You would play top & bottom of 1 inning only and both pitch & bat in respective halves of the inning
    3 - There would be a pitch timer so if the opponent that is pitching does not select a pitch within a time frame a random pitch is thrown (this would prevent the game taking too long by your opponent not playing and the pitch does not even have to be random and can be a ball)
    4 - If you win the inning the pitcher you selected would be locked and would need gold to unlock just like homerun battles

Now granted this would not work as an event as you may not always find an opponent playing the same time as you but I am sure if they are serious about it they could work it into an event as well.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I kinda like the idea of making it like walk-off. Make it situational. You have a 3-run lead, 2 outs, and no one on base for example at the start.  By the end of 5-10 you could have bases loaded, 0 outs, and a 1-run lead as an example. In extras you have a 1-run lead. 

You have 10 pitcher slots and 10 rounds per level. Now all pitcher spots are huge.  
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @Houmy and @Bigpredfan
    I like that idea as well, but again, it would probably be a pretty big change in the current game's design and philosophy of letting users bat only.
    Any event we have right now involves exactly the same action, hitting. Whatever variant introduced that involves hitting only means nothing really new needs to be introduced, just a few user interface changes.
    Now, adding pitching actions involving pitch selection and some kind of interaction with the pitcher is totally new and would need no only user interface changes but also new mechanics and coding behind it cause the system is not designed to do any of that as it is. 
    Can it be done? Of course. But it would make this game a totally different one. As it is they advertise it as a game where you only need to worry about tapping for swinging the bat (or autoplay it, if even that is too much for you).