Options

BOX ODDS BOGUS?

DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
Running a test here. 2nd weekend in a row that I've bought 25 boxes at 1/10 odds and only gotten ONE 5*.
Anyone else experiencing similar results?

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The odds ebb and flow. I tested the odds last year on tournament boxes. I did a 100-box test. While I had up to 7 boxes in a row of a 16% item, over 100 it evened out.

just like a batter’s average there are peaks and valley. That’s why it’s an average. You are just in a valley right now. It’ll get better and you’ll be happy as can be
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I tested the premium xp boxes last year when they were being handed out like candy. Would open 50 and count the number of lxp received. Most times it came close to 50% as stated, but over lower numbers it can vary significantly. Wasn't unusual to have a run of 10 pxp before a long run of lxp. 
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    The odds ebb and flow. I tested the odds last year on tournament boxes. I did a 100-box test. While I had up to 7 boxes in a row of a 16% item, over 100 it evened out.

just like a batter’s average there are peaks and valley. That’s why it’s an average. You are just in a valley right now. It’ll get better and you’ll be happy as can be

Im in the grand canyon of valleys then. 34 boxes one 5 star guy.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    @Bigpredfan you bring up an interesting point. I remember going 0/102 on boxes one weekend last year when odds were 25/1000. Sometimes I wonder if the odds displayed are accurate, but you have to reach a certain number of pulls before they level out. For instance, once you hit 40 pulls, you get 2 5* pretty quick after that. I certainly don't see it being an average of 1/10 unless you spend a ton.
    I have never had good experiences with boxes. Despite the odds listed, the results seem to be much lower.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    0-14 so far 
  • Options
    rychar22rychar22 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I went 2-25 unfortunately but yup just seems like its luck of the draw nothing Glu is doing to screw people
  • Options
    Deuce said:
    @Bigpredfan you bring up an interesting point. I remember going 0/102 on boxes one weekend last year when odds were 25/1000. Sometimes I wonder if the odds displayed are accurate, but you have to reach a certain number of pulls before they level out. For instance, once you hit 40 pulls, you get 2 5* pretty quick after that. I certainly don't see it being an average of 1/10 unless you spend a ton.
    I have never had good experiences with boxes. Despite the odds listed, the results seem to be much lower.
    When those were the odds last year for weekend boxes, I had a horrible run like this. Then one weekend when @dkarski87 had an awful weekend I somehow got 2 good weekend box pulls in 8 tries. I refused to tell him about the 2nd one because he was somewhere around 0/100 that weekend. Lol. I don’t know if I ever confessed actually......
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No you did not bro, lol. I have had some pretty bad weekend on boxes in the past. The best one I ever had was POM in July. Went 0 for 17 that month.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    3 boxes 
    3 Mike Leake
    WTF
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    edited April 2019
    3 boxes, 3 Mike Leake. 
    Mike fuckin Leake
    maybe if he wasn’t a 3.5* pitcher. 
    Cant win a fuckin game with him at all giving up 10+ runs every fuckin time
    **** u Glu
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    No you did not bro, lol. I have had some pretty bad weekend on boxes in the past. The best one I ever had was POM in July. Went 0 for 17 that month.
    Sorry bout that. It was the weekend with Yankees players. The 335 ones. I pulled Sevy first and then pulled Andujar later that weekend. Feels good to have that out in the open 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Took 31 boxes here to get a *cough cough air quotes* "10 percent" guy.
  • Options
    I got Joshua James literally 8 times 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Just got this guy from cvc. I don't know, he any good? 😏

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    bocoprobocopro Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    I got this one from CVC ... on one pull. I’ll be 0 for 20,000 the rest of the year. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Nice @Houmy . Only throwing gold at boxes tonight and really need that to fill OF out. I've pulled Kikuchi 3 times now...
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Back to back cvc boxes and I get this guy twice - that's my luck tapped out until June!

• Options
    4 Gurriel
    7 Gattis
    8 Leake

• Options

• Options
    FINALLY