Team strength dropping in game

dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
Starting to lose prime games this weekend. My team is bronze 5 at W484/L40, team upgrades all 20/20, pennants for actives at least 11/20. I read somewhere that at around 400 wins expect to start losing in prime events.

My team strength, which is an average is currently 31,799 and when Tanaka from Bonus 19 box last weekend pitches (not my ace) it jumps to ~33k. I just lost a game 4-3 to a 23K strength team and looking at team comparison after game my team strength is 30,739? Not only less than overall average but significantly less than what TS is when Tanaka pitches when the game starts. What is going on here?

Edit:Damnit, wanted this in General Discussion...

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Just realized that's game strength, not team strength. What is the difference?
    Also noticed there is no diff for opponent between TS and GS....
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Changes depending on who is and what is the strength of the pitcher on the mound for that game.  
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Talk about game strength dropping. Back to back match me games with same roster. 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

bigvivec said:
    Changes depending on who is and what is the strength of the pitcher on the mound for that game.  
    Who is on mound for opponent or me? I get that it changes for me when I start game compared to overall team strength but that value in team comparison for me is always less than team strength and what value was when game was started say if it is my ace starting. 
    @Houmy Values are equal for me in 18. Wth is going on here...
    When ace starts

In team comparison after game

Wonder if this is from inactive skills....
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Clubmate since getting some bonus players this weekend has been dropping over 12k for game strength...I go up or down typically around 2-3k depending on the pitcher but over 12k and it’s always dropping? He’s getting blasted in games and CS gave a nonsense, I don’t know what I’m talking about answer. He’s maxed all the important stuff for upgrades, pennants, etc. and was doing fine, but all of a sudden this weekend he’s losing over a third of his team strength
    It's all done with mirrors
    Tanaka has lost 3 times this weekend, just lost 8-3 to 24k team, GS 4k less at game finish. I’ve not gotten any bonus players since him. 

I first noticed this against head to head with clubmate, my TS was normal our first match and then rematch dropped 5k at start and then another 2-3k in team comparison. I won first game 7-0 second I got dusted 13-4 or something. Haven’t played another matchup since...
       Think I may have figured it out. I have subs coming into game and they are rated lower than starters. Guess you are at whim of game when autoplaying. The game strength is representative of team strength when game ends or the avg of all players/pitchers that have played in game, including lesser players. I dont see this in 18 because Im winning 50-0 all the time and starters throw shutouts. 
  • SGTJMONEYSGTJMONEY Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Depends it may just be whos on the mound, it’s just an average of whos playing. You can get the boosts to help as well. Hope this helps!
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    My problem is when I use a boost.. my team drops 10-13k.. it’s such bullshit and glu is a bunch of senseless clowns..! Look: first pic is my team strength before the same starts...then I watch a video to get the 5% boost(second picture)and that’s what my team strength is after the boost...messed up!! @dustyhunks  
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    This guy and I have been playing since we were randomly matched up in 18’.  We restarted a game this morning, and this made me think of this thread. This is a real head scratcher eh?  🤔🤷‍♂️ Of course I hit No Mercy. 😂  @BigRedBalls
  • LETMEPLAY16LETMEPLAY16 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    I have noticed my team strength only drops when my legend is active
    The legend in the game doesn't improve team strength when you upgrade him - so I'm guessing the drop after the game is your team without the player that your legend replaces.
    (I haven't seen a drop in win% for regular games - but without my legend I see significant reductions in CVC scores, so throw him back in for those match-ups)
    @LETMEPLAY16 That's a good point as I consistently see a 1500 point drop in team comparison after game as player my legend replaces is 4.5 star Realmuto. One other thing about this that I encountered yesterday that didn't immediately make sense is that teams you match up against could have much less team strength with a 4 star starter going against you though when you look at their team profile their team average is much, much higher. I had a couple games this weekend that I lost that in actuality when compared to my team they were within hundreds of points but their starter in those prime games just plain sucked and dropped TS significantly at first glance. Hate to say it but I think things are probably on point with team strength. Just need to to really dig into players involved on both teams if it's not readily apparent.