2019 PLAYER WISH LIST

DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
I figured I'd go down this road early on, just in case GLU feels like granting a few wishes.

LEGENDS:
C. Yogi Berra
1B. Lou Gehrig
2B. Jackie Robinson
3B. Cal Ripkin Jr.
SS. Derek Jeter
OF. Ken Griffey Jr. (emphasis on JUNIOR)
OF. Barry Bonds
OF. Ty Cobb
SP. Greg Maddux
RP. Mariano Rivera

OTHER Ideas:
3,000 HIT CLUB Box (Biggio, A-Rod, Palmeiro, Gwynn, Musial)
3,000 STRIKE OUT CLUB Box (Clemens, Carlton, Schilling, Smoltz, P. Martinez)
Gone But Not Forgotten Box (feat. players who died before their time)
MLB Veterans Box (feat. players who served in the military)
JUICED Box (feat. players who chased the HR record)
NEW Stadiums (feat. iconic MLB stadiums)

Who would you like to see added to the game?

Disclaimer: Yes, I know there are restrictions due to licensing, but maybe some of these players can wiggle their way into the game.

Comments

  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,825 Posts
    Barry Bonds*
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Deuce said:
    I figured I'd go down this road early on, just in case GLU feels like granting a few wishes.

    LEGENDS:
    C. Yogi Berra
    1B. Lou Gehrig
    2B. Jackie Robinson
    3B. Cal Ripkin Jr.
    SS. Derek Jeter
    OF. Ken Griffey Jr. (emphasis on JUNIOR)
    OF. Barry Bonds
    OF. Ty Cobb
    SP. Greg Maddux
    RP. Mariano Rivera

    OTHER Ideas:
    3,000 HIT CLUB Box (Biggio, A-Rod, Palmeiro, Gwynn, Musial)
    3,000 STRIKE OUT CLUB Box (Clemens, Carlton, Schilling, Smoltz, P. Martinez)
    Gone But Not Forgotten Box (feat. players who died before their time)
    MLB Veterans Box (feat. players who served in the military)
    JUICED Box (feat. players who chased the HR record)
    NEW Stadiums (feat. iconic MLB stadiums)

    Who would you like to see added to the game?

    Disclaimer: Yes, I know there are restrictions due to licensing, but maybe some of these players can wiggle their way into the game.
    Bonds will not happen. It's contractual. He is not included in the MLBPA license and Glu would have to negotiate with him (and pay him) separately.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,825 Posts
    @Deuce you know that your "OTHER IDEAS" section just gave them an idea for 34 more versions of Trout this year right? :trollface:
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    @Houmy well, if they're willing to add a couple of new legends into the mix, I think I'm okay with 34 versions of Trout. haha.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,294 Posts
    They should do fictional players like a Major Leagues box. Could you imagine that Eddie Harris snot ball? Whitey Ford aint got nuthin' on that. 

    Or a Sandlot box.

    If they can do an "Animals" box they can do this too imo. 
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    We want the Big Hurt and Junior! 
  • DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    edited March 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    They should do fictional players like a Major Leagues box. Could you imagine that Eddie Harris snot ball? Whitey Ford aint got nuthin' on that. 

    Or a Sandlot box.

    If they can do an "Animals" box they can do this too imo. 
    I totally agree with this. Whole different licensing ballgame, though. At the same time, I can see them making more money with additional features like this.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,294 Posts
    @Deuece agreed, and didn't think about that!
  • DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Also, wouldn't it be cool if you could make your Custom Legend the mascot for whatever team you choose (ie. choose the Astros, and your custom legend is an animated Orbit)?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,825 Posts
    edited March 2019
    For my part I would love to see a Shoeless Joe ATG (hence my avatar) but that will probably never happen for the same reason we won't see a Pete Rose. Who knows, maybe if they add a "forum addict" achievement then GLU will throw me a bone with a maxed custom ATG that I can name Shoeless Joe :wink:
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Jose Canseco!
  • DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Jose Canseco!
    He could go in the BLOOPER REELS Box. haha
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Deuce said:
    Jose Canseco!
    He could go in the BLOOPER REELS Box. haha
    My favorite moment in baseball history is when a homerun bounced off Canseco's head:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QixQMUu4CKI
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,825 Posts
    I only started playing in 18. Has there ever been a ken Griffey jr legend?
    No. Just Sr.
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
     For years I've been wanting & waiting for VLADIMIR GUERRERO
  • DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Madswagoo said:
     For years I've been wanting & waiting for VLADIMIR GUERRERO
    We'll probably see Vlad 2.0 before his dad.
  • dingers4lifedingers4life Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    how about a good old sammy sosa glu?
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Artie Devanzo, Dennis Mangenelli
  • ernieinthebanksernieinthebanks Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Gamblers box with the black sox players and pete rose
  • NomarE6AparaNomarE6Apara Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    My top suggestions would be Ken Griffey JR Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson 
  • nelagesbuenonelagesbueno Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    I’d love to see Mattingly
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,058 Posts
    Tony Gwynn and rod carew. 
  • nelagesbuenonelagesbueno Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    Kirby Puckett
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Cal Ripken Jr
    Bo Jackson
    Pete Rose (if they're even allowed)
    Mark McGwire
    Ryne Sandberg
    Fernando Valenzuela
    Pedro Martinez
    Ty Cobb
    Cy Young
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,238 Posts
    Roberto Clemente
    Jackie Robinson
    Griffey Jr
    Greg Maddux
    Frank Thomas
    Big Bonus guys like Willow Mays Hayes, Roy Hobbs, and Crash Davis
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Griffey Jr
    i like the idea of a Roy Hobbs, Crash Davis
    Pedro Martinez
    Roger Clemens
    Jackie Robinson

    man this list could go on and on. 
Sign In or Register to comment.