PSA: be careful with multiple installs

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
As many are aware, android has been having issues. It's extremely laggy and got worse after the most recent update. As a result, I've been doing a new install daily to 'fix' the issues. Today, I did it multiple times.  I received the dreaded error message that many fear after an Install. I'm sure in time, things will get fixed, but it's double gold videos and I'm also doing well in a club event. The timing couldn't be much worse. 😥

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Hope they fix it soon for you dude
    It's all done with mirrors
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Man, this is what I was worried about. My wait times are about 15 seconds after not having reinstalled for only a day, but I don't want to be locked out of my account like you have. They need to fix this ASAP.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @BlackFang4 It is extremely disappointing that I got 'punished' for finding a way(reinstalling) around their issues with android. I was getting about 7k+ gold a day, was in first in my club event, and I'll be missing out on the cvc rewards too. All that and then some, will be gone whenever my account gets fixed. I don't know man. I'm trying not to overreact and maintain perspective, but it's not always easy. I usually don't get too upset, but yeah....

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Damn that bites. Hope you get back in soon brother. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I completely understand. I was locked out of my account in June of last year because of a similar problem. The only way to fix it was to uninstall/reinstall, but back then you could only do it once, unknown to me. So on my second time, I was locked out, all my hard work, and customer service did their whole shtick where they nod their head and apologize, yet do nothing. Didn't come back to the game until February. 

I'm worried that the exact same thing will happen here. It's a big problem for them not to have fixed in the last week, which worries me. And as you mentioned, it's also double gold week, where you can make ten bucks of gold each hour.
    I completely understand. I was locked out of my account in June of last year because of a similar problem. The only way to fix it was to uninstall/reinstall, but back then you could only do it once, unknown to me. So on my second time, I was locked out, all my hard work, and customer service did their whole shtick where they nod their head and apologize, yet do nothing. Didn't come back to the game until February. 

I'm worried that the exact same thing will happen here. It's a big problem for them not to have fixed in the last week, which worries me. And as you mentioned, it's also double gold week, where you can make ten bucks of gold each hour.

As I understand it, the 'one time courtesy' is for switching devices. In those cases, they unlock your phone and it 'locks' again whenever you sign in with a new device. In my case, I've always used the same phone(pixel 2). I should've never been locked out because I never switched devices. If your situation was the same as mine, it really is a shame. 
    In any event, this situation has forced me to reflect a bit. I take this game way too seriously. I'm actually rather disappointed at myself for letting this situation eat at me. 
    Thanks to customer support, I'm back! I was locked out for less than 24 hours and I was going crazy. *Sigh* In short, this whole episode has taught me that I'm an idiot and I need to relax. Also, I hope there's an update soon. 😬
    I'm glad you were fixed up, but what will you do when the problem accumulates again and you need another reinstall?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB yes I agree, your an idiot. You said it tho, not me. ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @BlackFang4 I guess the lessor of the two evils would be dealing with the lag. Ugh. 
    The game will simply become unplayable very quickly. Within a few days the lag will have become over a minute again. This stupid game sometimes...
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    They sent out a survey about 19. I had nothing positive to say.
    It's all done with mirrors
    It goes without saying, but customer care said that I should expect an update. However, no time table was given.
  • dabartledabartle Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I've been having trouble with the lag and freezes like many. I read in a bunch of different places that reinstalling helps, but was afraid of getting locked out of my account for doing it. Contacted customer care about the lag and freezes and they suggested reinstalling to fix it, but to check settings screen for back-up email info. I did as they asked, but of course it now says invalid email when I try to log in with the back up email. Just thought I'd share the info that just reinstalling shouldn't get you banned, but your back up might not work.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @dabartle try doing a password reset through the login and see if you get the email. Had the same issue in 18 and a couple of password resets got me back in.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@DFBB Approximately how many reinstalls did you do before you got locked out? Is there a certain cap to reinstalls?
  • CP31CP31 Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    anyone have this issue resolved yet?
    @BlackFang4 I did about 14-15 before I was locked out.
    @DFBB Darn. I'm on 13 or 14. Thanks
    its seems that there was an android update on april 5....i think only google users have received update so might explain why it seem pixel users affected only
    are they even looking at fixing the issue.....im thinking no
    @cp31 I think you're right. Although half of my club is suffering from not being able to function properly, Glu has done nothing about this issue that is affecting a large portion of their players. I'm very surprised that from all the people on this forum alone complaining about the isuue that they haven't even as much as addressed it yet.
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    This is shocking to me.  I work for a software company and if we had this issue it would be all hands on deck until it was fixed.  Priority number one.  No more than 24 hours.  However, this has been going on for what feels like a couple weeks now.  It's horrendous and they're losing customers.  Maybe not you and I who post on the forums but any new players that find the app on the store won't put up with it and will move on to something else.
    Well, my forced reinstalls finally caught up to me. I reinstalled, and when I linked to my email, Glu's all like nah fam you're using a different device (which is untrue). I don't understand how this is a problem, or how the video bug hasn't been remedied yet. And if they cant restore my account, then I'm never coming back.