No more money from me

sworkman3sworkman3 Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
I spent 1100 Gold on POTW box and got 20 bonus games ...  really? How do you justify that GLU? I can buy 10 for 250 gold. But i guess that's ok with this company considering they're on the receiving end and not being robbed like myself and many others. That's not a good strategy to get people to spend money. Thanks for bonus games!

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    There a good chance that you’ve earned 1100 gold  from watching videos which are free. You obviously didn’t like the result but you knew the odds before buying the box 
  • sworkman3sworkman3 Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
     I do watch videos. But i also spend cash .. matter of fact I have the benefit of the doubt and tried again today , same thing 20 bonus games. And yes I kno the odds. But 20 bonus games for 1100? When I can buy 20 for 500 in the store? Come on , get real. You can't justify that. They shouldn't be in the. But that's my opinion.. and your entitled to yours.. 

• lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Its so random. Last week it took 5 boxes for 1 potw. This week i bought 3 and got meadows 2x and acuna. Makes no sense, but luck comes and goes.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited April 2019
    sworkman3 said:

I feel you but if you're trying to make every penny count I wouldn't spend $20 on a closer. Unless I am mistaken about that $20 spent today?

Oh yeah and you've got a voicemail byw.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Lol, yeah i keep VMs .. closer? Not sure i understand , the 20 was spent on 1840 gold and evo special..its all good . Just frustrating... was think others could feel my pain is all..
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    sworkman3 said:
    Lol, yeah i keep VMs .. closer? Not sure i understand , the 20 was spent on 1840 gold and evo special..its all good . Just frustrating... was think others could feel my pain is all..
    I do feel your pain and I stand corrected on the $20. Thought that was for Diaz. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

NP,  good luck to you out there in the tap world..
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Even when the odds are usually straight trash on most boxes (and we all know this), I still feel like Glu should at least let you get equal value for the cost of the box.  If it’s 1100 gold then make it 1100 gold worth of the worst prizes in the box.  The boosts are already way overpriced!  So when your odds turn into $hit, let us at least get equal value in bonus games.  Not that 40 bonus games would make it better after spending 1100 gold, but it would be 1 more ibuprofen to ease the pain 😂
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited April 2019
    sworkman3 said:
    I spent 1100 Gold on POTW box and got 20 bonus games ...  really? How do you justify that GLU? I can buy 10 for 250 gold. But i guess that's ok with this company considering they're on the receiving end and not being robbed like myself and many others. That's not a good strategy to get people to spend money. Thanks for bonus games!
    You bought one box and didn’t hit now you’re complaining even though the odds stated are 50%?!??  The 20x bonus games are a booby prize....you try for the gold ring and miss?  Here’s your participation prize....absolutely not meant to be a “fair value” transaction....this is gambling, not purchasing.    

LOL, maybe this ain’t the game for you.
    Lol, maybe the whole comment went over your head.. obviously you didn't read the other comments. No need to bash me. Unless thats a sign of your maturity level. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Bought 4 boxes for one Meadows. 
    Just doesn't “feel”good. 

You know in 18 it felt way easier to pull players and I spent more on gold to upgrade them. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    In the 3 weeks since the start of the season I’ve been 1-5, 0-1, and this week 2-4 with both players for a total of 3-10 these things tend to run in cycles.  Over the weekend I was 1-26, yesterday within 5 boxes I got both Puig and Ramos (yay a 5* catcher before September!) and today landed Paddack who is now my #2 starter.  Yeah the 20 bonus games is a bit ugly to be in there but over time it should work itself out.