Options

Going Gold in 19’

adam007adam007 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
Has anybody made the leap to Gold in 19’ b/c games were so difficult to win? Hiw did going Gold affect the difficulty levels? And how much resources did you have before making the Gold leap?

If you have advice for going gold, OR how to make difficulty levels decrease at Silver VI, please pass them along!

Difficulty levels have dramatically increased this last week for me and it’s making it a miserable experience. Prime games are difficult to win!

My sitch:
I’m at Silver VI, and have a team strength of 50k. Every player is leveled to S10, including Keepers, and I have decent Slugger spread as well.

thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    @adam007
    How about upgrades?  This could be the reason.  I'd have a base of upgrades leveled to at least 20 and the hitting ones capped.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Im in the same boat at s6, capped everywhere and losing prime games like crazy. 65k Silver team with 4k games played. Cant streak more then 5 games, even that's a stretch. They forcing everyone to level up and not park in the lower levels, but they dont offer enough XP for most to make the jump. if you plan on taking keepers and your legend to g10. Your looking at at-least 800k bxp.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Personally I am saying c'est la vie to my keepers and legend once I go gold. Don't want to stay silver longer than I have to because of them. Once I have any to spare in gold I'll bring my legend first and then worry about the keepers.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Just depends on what you value in terms of the game.  WOH, CVC, Slugfest, Prime games, Bonus games etc.   Do you care about bringing your keepers and or legend with you?   Im planning on gold in the next 2-3 weeks which includes bringing both hitting keepers and maybe partial to the pitching one and capping my hitting upgrades.   Ill likely have to punt slugfest at that time but Im looking forward to easier run at woh and Cvc.  im trying to gather around 450K bxp and I'm roughly halfway there 
  • Options
    @adam007
    How about upgrades?  This could be the reason.  I'd have a base of upgrades leveled to at least 20 and the hitting ones capped.

Here’s what I have capped at 40/40:

The rest of categories are floating between 15-39
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    Personally I am saying c'est la vie to my keepers and legend once I go gold. Don't want to stay silver longer than I have to because of them. Once I have any to spare in gold I'll bring my legend first and then worry about the keepers.

Yea, my Legend has been more valuable than keepers so far for me. He’s been crucial for cycling WOH. I have him level capped and skill upgraded to 8%.

The Keepers skill levels seem like they could provide a particular advantage over players they are offering right now, BUT b/c their skills are sooo steep to level, I havent made it farther than the 15k xp level.
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @adam007
    Are you able to cycle WOH at those levels? Are all your players capped? In 2+ years of playing I have never cycled and I've been assuming I leveled up too quickly (i.e. didn't cap players at current level nor max upgrades before moving to Gold and above)
  • Options
    DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    1700 games played. All 5* players (mostly specialty players). All team upgrades and players capped at silver (Keepers with skills at 5 and Legend with skills at 8).

Tried playing twice yesterday before I quit. Lost at game 3 BOTH times.

I know GLU tries to sandbag, but the reality is that even with sandbagging, I should be able to win more than 2 games with my team. It's ridiculous. It doesn't make me want to move to GOLD at all. It just makes me want to play GOLF BATTLE on prime/BG days and wait for WOH. There's no reason I should be losing like I am right now. Absolutely ridiculous.

PS - I'm also finding that the matchups that have me favored are not accurate. When I look at the team's profile, their team strength is even with or higher than mine. So there is likely a problem with the algorithm that generates matchups. It doesn't seem to have accurate/real-time information.