Season Mode Difficulty Increased Already!

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB I just checked in 18 and numbers are equal. Regardless, what the hell is point of upgrades if they don’t actually help your team?! Also, the disparity changes between pitchers. 

The upgrades help tremendously. It's my understanding that it's simply a display issue that apparently, didn't get fixed for '19. Your team Str is weighed with all five starters factored in. When you play a game, it's based on just your starter.

Im of the opinion now game strength is just that, representative of all players that play in one given game. Team strength is strength of active roster as a whole. Game strength can increase or decrease or stay the same. If scrubs enter game, GS goes down. If your closer is keeper and replaces 3.5 star chump, GS will go up. If you sub no one, GS will equal TS when game is complete. 

Edit: maybe youre right on just starter affecting GS as far as pitching goes. GS changes when batter with different rating than starter enters game. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dustyhunks My bad for not being clear. I meant to say that for any given game, the other four starters are not factored into team strength; only the actual starter and the rest of the bats/subs/relievers.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

DFBB said:
    @dustyhunks My bad for not being clear. I meant to say that for any given game, the other four starters are not factored into team strength; only the actual starter and the rest of the bats/subs/relievers.
    Right. ALL players on active roster factor into team strength whereas game strength fluctuates based on the starter that's throwing any given game. What I didn't understand is that under team comparison when a game is finished, game strength can change for better or worse if subs are involved for the starting pitcher or any batter. It's a misnomer calling this game strength from team comparison. Finishing strength would be better, or in the image displayed, game start strength shown and game finish strength shown. This becomes readily apparent in weekend box events right now cause most of us are starting 4.5-5 star teams and there are bonus players with much lower ratings that we try to get into the game (Minter for example if he were to end the game). Or, if one of your keepers is a closer and he finishes for a 3.5 star starter. Game (finishing) strength would be higher than when the game started.

/end thread derail. Sorry...
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Tied game all the way to the 9th in the 3rd game of the finals and of course the Astros kick my behind in my 1st season game but that's to be expected this early on. What I am wondering is if anyone notices something just a bit off here? The Matrix IS real and it's glitching (probably running of a GLU engine so to be expected 🤨)

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Finished first season today. I had 100 wins for the season and was promptly swept in the finals. And it wasn’t even close. Thought it seemed off that I was clobbered by a team I had beaten several times during the season. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Sgoing liver or is sarge268 said:
    Finished first season today. I had 100 wins for the season and was promptly swept in the finals. And it wasn’t even close. Thought it seemed off that I was clobbered by a team I had beaten several times during the season. 
    Are you silver or bronze, did you manual or autoplay and did you use boosts?
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I won 1st time thru
    Need more Living Legends!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I got the Twins in my finals. I was surprised.

@DFBB nice! I love those moments lol
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I got the Twins in my finals. I was surprised.

@DFBB nice! I love those moments lol

I played the Dbacks
    Need more Living Legends!
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    @bigvivec I stayed bronze until i finished my first season. Just moved up to silver today. I autoplayed the entire season but used the 80g boost for the finals. I leveled up too fast last year so I’m taking my time this year. 
    sarge268 said:
    @bigvivec I stayed bronze until i finished my first season. Just moved up to silver today. I autoplayed the entire season but used the 80g boost for the finals. I leveled up too fast last year so I’m taking my time this year. 
    80g boost for the finals is great and you should also restart your ace as well as use your franchise coins to fill your weakest position or DH.

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    What I meant is in the manual lineup you do in Batting Order. From what I remember, the FP doesn’t actually show up there. 
    The franchise player won’t show up there. What you have to do, if you want to set the lineup manually, is put the player who the franchise player will replace where you want to franchise player. For instance if I want my franchise coin player to bat 4th and he replaces my DH, set the DH to the 4th spot. 
    Thank you, that was what I was hoping for 👍
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    So apparently the Matrix is glitching during WOH as well. It's not bugging me or affecting the game but so far I've seen the uniform glitch in Season mode & WOH. Anyone else seen this on their end?

• SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    JahCoozie said:
    Top is current season in 18’ w/ a Diamond team at 140k team strength (jumped way too fast) The bottom is 19’ with a 32k team strength.  I’ll take it!!  Lesson learned.  While I did have a bit of a rocky start, it seems to be coming together ok..  I guess I’ll see come the playoffs!  Tap on gents.  
    No joke about diamond. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    sarge268 said:
    Nice!  Sounds like it is working out!
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I Give! The juiced up Astros team in season, along with the nerfed ball they're pitching, is too much. I'll play again when primes and legends come out.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I was able to win season 1 last night.  I had to pull out all the stops.  I used franchise coins (for the first time) to replace my worst player.  I played during live boost.  I ice wrapped my keeper ace, who I have been dumping all of my resources into his skills.  I used the 80 gold boost for games 2 and 3 after loosing game 1.  I won 2 games to 1 against the Rockies.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I was able to win season 1 last night.  I had to pull out all the stops.  I used franchise coins (for the first time) to replace my worst player.  I played during live boost.  I ice wrapped my keeper ace, who I have been dumping all of my resources into his skills.  I used the 80 gold boost for games 2 and 3 after loosing game 1.  I won 2 games to 1 against the Rockies.
    Nice job buddy! Sometime, you gotta do what you gotta do!!! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Lost to Brewers, Wade Miley throwin cheeze puffs, all the boosts, keeper ace w/4 skills, other keepers 3/3 skills, legend maxed to pxp, franchise coins, doesnt matter, why am I wasting my time on this garbage.....
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Lost to Brewers, Wade Miley throwin cheeze puffs, all the boosts, keeper ace w/4 skills, other keepers 3/3 skills, legend maxed to pxp, franchise coins, doesnt matter, why am I wasting my time on this garbage.....
    Season mode will make you frustrated and quit real fast.  I tend to not autoplay against the better pitchers and I’ll take a lot of pitches when they tiring out.  I’ve scored and won by walked in runs quite a few times.  The rubber bats disappear when the opponents keep their starters in too long.  And for me they do that quite a bit.  But when I’m extra hyped up, I just don’t play the season games.  This early I feel like it didn’t make much of a difference to me last year.  Everything is also obtainable in boxes and by gold purchase.  Keep your head up, man.  
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So weird I was doing good, and all of a sudden im facing pitchers rated lower than my overall with pitching over 170's.... :neutral:
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Just lost in the finals after winning the first game.  Used my maxed keeper DeGrom both games and a prime franchise SS and boosted yet I didn't score a single run the last two games.   So annoying.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Stros kicked my ass too in season mode... though I kicked their tail in the regular season. Don't understand how I went 3-1 in regular season and lost 0-2 in playoffs but whatevs. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    I lost my first season but I did win the next five seasons.  
    Some helpful hints:
    Use your ace with ice packs for EVERY playoff game
    Drink your green drink if it is a close game from inning 7 on.
    Use the video boost unless you lose a game, for the remaining games of the series use the 80 gold boost.
    Use the franchise coins to replace your worst player.
    Upgrade everything... yes... everything.  Always upgrade the hitting stuff first, but the other stuff will help you win the season.
    Best of luck.
  • adam007adam007 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Some helpful hints:
    Use the video boost unless you lose a game, for the remaining games of the series use the 80 gold boost.
    Upgrade everything... yes... everything.  Always upgrade the hitting stuff first, but the other stuff will help you win the season.
    Best of luck.

Good advice. And I’ll throw in one more:

Time your playoff games for when LIVE BOOST feature is active! 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @adam007 - I never even thought about waiting to play until my free boost. Smart call! 

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I'm at the finals again - beat the Astros in the semis this morning! Waiting until this evening to get the additional 15% live game boost. Fingers crossed this time! 🤞🤞
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
     @benny100 well done sir, I lost 4 of 6 to the Astros, twice in the quarters with 80g boosts and franchise players. And not lost, totally smoked with no chance. So after the fourth time I switched to the astros and haven't lost since.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I waited until the live boost and the stats didn’t even show the boost!   Thanks, Glu!  Add another one to the board #LiveBoostGate
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    adam007 said:
    Some helpful hints:
    Best of luck.

Good advice. And I’ll throw in one more:

Time your playoff games for when LIVE BOOST feature is active! 
    Very much agree with that. I’ve waited 2 days for it and won the first two rounds. My team is off tomorrow. Def waiting until Friday to try and win the finals.