Options

Do Upgrades Matter ?

likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
Seems like upgrades only matter on defense. 
I upgraded all my offensive skills to 40 (max in silver) and my hitters are twice as powerful as the pitcher, you would think I would crush but nope. Defense upgraded to 15 so that supersedes my offensive upgrades. 
What gives?

Comments

• Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    IMO all upgrades matter depending on what you want to accomplish. Some will say (this is true) for cycling WOH to upgrade all hitting, clutch and hot streak, for Season mode all pitching and defense matter. So it really matters on your approach to the game.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    They absolutely make a difference.....difficult to quantify and some debate about to which events/modes they apply, but I will say that I notice a difference in WOH, prime and season modes.....the more pennants Instack and upgrades I max the better my results.   This goes hand in hand with the pennant discussion.....anyway, max out pennants on your important bats, hitting then pitching then the rest with maxed out across the board as the goal.  
  • Options
    spark28spark28 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    likenight said:
    Seems like upgrades only matter on defense. 
    I upgraded all my offensive skills to 40 (max in silver) and my hitters are twice as powerful as the pitcher, you would think I would crush but nope. Defense upgraded to 15 so that supersedes my offensive upgrades. 
    What gives?
    They definitely make a difference especially for the offensive upgrades. I had enough cash when I went to silver to take my offensive upgrades from 20 to 40 and I was scoring more runs and getting way more hits per game. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    #upgradegate time already? Love the idea :trollface: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Yes....very much.