Options

Team strength plummets before prime games

Shammy41Shammy41 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
I have a team strength of around 42K but sometimes when I play a prime game, it drops to around 27K.  Anyone know why this happens?

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    There are a couple of threads related to this and I think there’s something wrong with the programming...I have a clubmate that has been having similar drops (12k on average). I don’t know why it’s happening to some guys more severely than others but there’s a looot of people frustrated with losing a ton of games during prime/bonus/season mode in bronze when our team strengths and pitchers are usually superior to the winning competition.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    Shammy41Shammy41 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I figured out my team score was dropping 16K after boosting the game with a video or a 20 gold boost.  
  • Options
    How nice, a negative boost.... but at least you have found maybe a connection that could be followed up on by the company..... maybe....sometime.... bahahaha
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Still seeing this crap against an S1 team as B6 myself. I won 1-0 but come on. No subs either so why the reduction? Is that S1 vs B6 fancy algorithm nonsense?

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    For reference, just beat this B6 team 27-2. 

• Options
    Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I was just playing a tournament final...my team strength was 43K, almost 44K. I used an ice pack and a batting boost, since my opponent was around 46K. When the game started, I looked at the game info, and my team strength was 29K.

Something wrong with that...
  • Options
    I’ve been doing some experimenting and if you boost, your team strength plummets around 12-12.5k every time. However, I’m not sure it affects the ultimate outcome of win or lose. I think that your pitcher comparison and pregame team strength matter. So, if either or both those things are close or yours are worse, the boost may help regardless of the after boost team strength drop. Going silver has helped my results in all modes. The bigger issue as I see it is the sometimes match ups of vastly stronger pitching or teams, particularly in season mode playoffs. Do everything you can to boost up with your ace, batting boosts, franchise players, and even timing to play during the 15% live game boost of your chosen mlb team.