Todays box

ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
edited April 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Tatis Jr. almost makes it worth trying a few boxes.
Need more Living Legends!
Prev1

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    for 250 gold too.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    4 boxes... each got a different 4* or less player. #WorthAShot
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Bought a few, all trash. Not worth doing WOH for.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    What a waste of an event 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:
    I guess agree to disagree.  He is one of four players at 5% odds so technically he's a 1.25% chance to pull.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:
    I guess agree to disagree.  He is one of four players at 5% odds so technically he's a 1.25% chance to pull.

Just trying to stay positive.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited April 2019
    1 pull.
    Nice dude congrats!!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Thanks.  Was shocked.  I usually don't even bother, just took a crack today since it was 250.
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts

I have not had the luck bug this year yet. Hopefully I will happen once legends and primes start to drop.
    I cleared and got all 2.5*s  3 Brinsons and 1 Lauer.   Honestly thats like under 500 bxp for clearing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    The early multiplier reveal was great, the fact that woh was tops doesn’t bring joy to box pulls like these.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I’ve cycled 3 times now. 12 boxes and no top players. Gonna go for more
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Good on you navyjack. Beat it a 2nd time and got four 2.5* I’m going to be my time on more productive things like changing the air in my tires.
    Ended up cycling 5 times and got the RP. I bought the bundle and got Paddock, but no Tatis. 😞
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I got through 3 times pulled Paddack and a bunch of dreck.  Got through once in slugfest with a gold restart so I now have one 5* slugger that isn’t the legend.
    Looks like today’s box might be bonuses tomorrow too. Box doesn’t expire until tomorrow night.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited April 2019
    We get another full day with that piece of $hit box!!?   Yes!  Yes!  Yes!   Can’t wait!  😂🙌🏼
  • Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I bought the bundle, cycled 2x, and in all opened somewhere between 30-40 boxes yesterday.

No Tatis, no Paddack, no Alonso...2 Pannone’s, a handful of Benentendi’s, and a bunch of garbage.
    Odds are not in our favor that's for sure.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Dave480 said:
    I bought the bundle, cycled 2x, and in all opened somewhere between 30-40 boxes yesterday.

No Tatis, no Paddack, no Alonso...2 Pannone’s, a handful of Benentendi’s, and a bunch of garbage.
    Be careful with those bundles. You may think 18 picks versus the new usual 9 (new usual as they used to be 10) is a good deal but keep in mind the lower 5% odds of landing the special player versus 10% that it used to be. Basically double the boxes for 50% lower odds (without getting too much into math & equations)
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    Dave480 said:

Be careful with those bundles. You may think 18 picks versus the new usual 9 (new usual as they used to be 10) is a good deal but keep in mind the lower 5% odds of landing the special player versus 10% that it used to be. Basically double the boxes for 50% lower odds (without getting too much into math & equations)
    Yea you and I think the same.   Give me boxes for 500 gold with 10% odds over boxes for 250 gold with 5% odds any day.  Especially since the floor on the latter is 2.5 star player that yields roughly 70 bxp.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Dave480 said:

Yea you and I think the same.   Give me boxes for 500 gold with 10% odds over boxes for 250 gold with 5% odds any day.  Especially since the floor on the latter is 2.5 star player that yields roughly 70 bxp.
    It may feel better but mathematically the ratios and chances of winning are identical.

500kg of feathers or 500kg of lead......which is heavier?
    bigvivec said:
    Houmy said:
    Dave480 said:

It may feel better but mathematically the ratios and chances of winning are identical.

500kg of feathers or 500kg of lead......which is heavier?
    I guess i'd look at it as I'd glad pay an extra 250 gold to double my odds.  If one box was 1000 gold and the other was 2000 gold, i probably look at it a little differently.   The bottom line is you can buy 1 box, 10 boxes, 100 boxes and you arent guaranteed anything.  Each box is its own separate odds.  Especially when you consider the floor (lowest tiered prize with the best odds) is better in the more expensive box.  Again just my two cents
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Bro....as the son of a probability and game theory professor.....you are not doubling your odds.  It is the same chance.  100 shots at something at 1% odds is the same as 2 shots at 50%.....like I said, if it makes you feel better ......but mathematics is blessedly devoid of feelings.  
    I fully understand probability and odds, one reason why I almost never buy those kind of boxes.  But that's part of what makes this game and these forums great.   Lots of different minds thinking differently and being able to help others.   It wouldn't be near as productive if everyone thought the same.   
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
     It wouldn't be near as productive if everyone thought the same.   
    Careful with those statements buddy #bigbrotheriswatchingyou

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• UNLVREBELUNLVREBEL Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I have shifted my spending this year and am buying the bundle offers, have seen more success than with using gold. Yesterday picked up Alonso and Tatis, both WOH ready, at $10 a player I’ll take it
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited April 2019
    bigvivec said:
    Bro....as the son of a probability and game theory professor.....you are not doubling your odds.  It is the same chance.  100 shots at something at 1% odds is the same as 2 shots at 50%.....like I said, if it makes you feel better ......but mathematics is blessedly devoid of feelings.  
    However, 2 shots at 50% odds gives you a 25% chance to get the 50% pull twice. Ie a potw box at 2200 guarantees one potw, but 2 1100 boxes gives you a 25% chance at pulling each potw, one from the first box the other from the second. There is also a 25% chance you'll get a non-pow both times. Math is fun.