Options

PotW vs PotM

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
I have always preferred to save for POTM boxes rather than buy the POTW boxes.  My reasoning is that they are not much more expensive than POTW boxes, but most importantly they are good for much longer -- 4 to 5 weeks versus 1 week.   That's 8 to 10 WOH events to benefit you as opposed to 2.  

Thoughts, agree/disagree?

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    What and how many events will POTM be bonus for? I didn’t start playing until late last year.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Def agree on POTM. I had Gleyber Torres last year, and his bonuses were longer, and i might also add the overall drop off wasn't as horrendous as some others.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    They still only get bonus for one event 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I also like the POTM better - they are what got my first WOH cycles last year - I remember last year one early month it was a lefty and a righty so I pulled them both for WOH cycles
  • Options
    hereforbeerhereforbeer Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Agreed! 
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    A POTW gets reactivated. A superstar Yelich/Trout/Acuna POTW could be active longer than a POTM this year. I still think POTM is better since it won't matter who the player is.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    When Yelich was POTM for 2 consecutive months last year, the 1st month POTM just carried the boost for the next month also. If I am remembering correctly.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I was wrong. No one repeated as POTM last year.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    They did but only SR and SPS, but it was a glitch. Happened early for 2 or 3 months. Your right, My Diaz was boosted for at-least 2 months, but it was a glitch they fixed later on,
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Even if they do repeat as POTM the old one still wouldn't be a bonus player and wouldn't be boosted or have higher maxes as POTM are associated (have banners) with the month they are released.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Edwin Diaz 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Edwin Diaz 
    Right he was there at least 3 times if not 4, different version every time
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I buy both....neither are for my core, both are for bonus points for the club.  🤷‍♂️ 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Potw:
    -50% odds
    -bonuses for club events on tues/thurs; cvc for tues/thurs
    -usually available on Mon evenings and usually doesn't lose boost until Tuesday(about 8 days)
    -reboosted
    -max is at/near current standard; i.e currently at 330 max, which is only exceeded by our legends
    -1100 gold

Potm:

-37.5%odds
    **-18.75% at a bat
    -Not guaranteed to be a bonus, but usually, most will be a bonus at least once
    -boosted for a full month and usually, slightly more than 30 days
    -NOT reboosted
    -max is below the standard; i.e if current max is 330, then potm will likely be 310-320
    -1500 gold

Most of the info above is common knowledge, but I just thought I'd point them out anyways. Glu can be very unpredictable, but based on last year, I'm not overly excited for potm. That said, I believe both potw and potm boxes are a great value.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    1400 not 1500
  • Options
    SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    They’re all a great value.  Potm is active longer, so will help more overall and makes boosting their stats with pennants a better value. 
  • Options
    Until primes and legends become available, and before we can get the sick all star releases, these, along with keepers and build a legends are the only elite options and a help in cutting through WOH fat.  POTM are also nearly the only outlet for high level relief pitching;  today we already had Specials Diaz and the box 10% 300 reliever so that’s already a difference over last year.    

39% odds on that last year BTW.....enjoyed an accidental reboot of Diaz April POTM in June but that was not supposed to happen. 
  • Options
    Reminiscing further.....went 1-9 on POTM boxes in June.....brutal but I couldn’t stop hitting the box again and again.   Balanced in August when I went 6-8 with no duplicates.  Good times.