VIP?

hereforbeerhereforbeer Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
So part of VIP is posting on the forum. I am going to post a thread a day, and see if I can do this without spending money. Fingers crossed...
Prev1

Comments

• NixedNixed Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    So part of VIP is posting on the forum. I am going to post a thread a day, and see if I can do this without spending money. Fingers crossed...
    I would focus more on the quality of posts rather than the quantity of posts. But hey, you do you. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I am with you on trying to get to VIP. Don't know what the magic sauce is ;)
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    Money money money!
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    :D Dollar Dollar bills y'all!!
    Need more Living Legends!
  • billeywintersbilleywinters Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    You hear do this and that join forums follow on Twitter and face book....all kinds of things...i did nothing at all but spend money..right around 850.00 to 900.00.and one day VIP pops up on screen...that was it....
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    This is completely silly.  Some people are just flat out begging at this point.  It's not a good look.  What would motivate GLU to award VIP based on cluttering up the forum with multiple threads begging for VIP status?  I mean come on, really.  Seemingly every day now we continue to be flooded with some variation of a new "i want to be VIP how can i get it?!" thread.  

My advice:  If your budget allows for the flexibility and you enjoy the game so much to spend $100 or so a month on it, by all means do so and eventually you're most likely to get your wish.  

If you're not, stop wasting your time groveling and just play the game to play the game.  One does not need to be VIP to build a good team, nor does one need to be a VIP to enjoy the game.  
  • iwishiwasbatmaniwishiwasbatman Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    ^ nothing wrong with wanting/trying to becoming VIP. 
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    At this point everyone knows asking for vip isn't working. Everyone knows what it takes. These absurd amount of threads about vip is overkill. Look before you post. Do the work and stop expecting everything for nothing. 
    So spend the necessary large amount of money on the game.  No one is going to make you a VIP for flooding the board with VIP inquiry posts begging and pleading like a puppy dog.  
    So spend the necessary large amount of money on the game.  No one is going to make you a VIP for flooding the board with VIP inquiry posts begging and pleading like a puppy dog.  
    How do you know they’re not spending the money?? Let them be. If they’re bothering you so much read another forum. 
    How do you know they’re not spending the money?? Let them be. If they’re bothering you so much read another forum. 
    Actually,  they're bothering a lot of people.  It isn't about a single VIP thread,  it's about 15 VIP threads all asking the same exact thing that do nothing but clog up the forums, when the known approximate criteria for VIP has been spelled out for you over and over and over again.  
    Actually,  they're bothering a lot of people.  It isn't about a single VIP thread,  it's about 15 VIP threads all asking the same exact thing that do nothing but clog up the forums, when the known approximate criteria for VIP has been spelled out for you over and over and over again.  
    If it bothers you and so many more, why even click on the thread that is titled “VIP?” Knowing that people are probably gonna ask about becoming a VIP. There are 28 threads on the first page alone, and this is literally the only thread that is asking about VIP. And the criteria hasn’t been spelt out, if it were there would more people that are VIP and less people asking about being VIP. 
    edited April 2019
    Yes, it has been spelt out.  You just haven't done the 20 seconds worth of research needed to go beyond the first page.  If you had, you would have found numerous threads all asking the exact same question.  So since you haven't done the research and still feel this hasn't been spelled out, I will go through this yet AGAIN. 

GAINING VIP - A GUIDE

1)  VIP status is at the discretion of GLU.  They do NOT publish a GUARANTEED method of becoming VIP.  

2)  The easily most common method of gaining VIP status is to spend a ton of money on this game.  The more, the better.  The amount that others have reported is $818, on ONE SINGLE GAME.  If you spent $409 on '18 and spend another $409 on '19 that does not count.  $818 on one game, but this AGAIN is at the DISCRETION OF GLU.  The more you spend, the better your chances.  

3)  One or two select members have gained VIP status by spending a little and being an active positive member in the GLU community.  For those members it was a very long process and did not happen overnight, it was through months and months of active and PRODUCTIVE posting on forums, social media, global, etc.  Even doing so for a year, is NO GUARANTEE.  Kissing butt and repeatedly posting things like "I love GLU!" or asking repeatedly about VIP, or announcing that you are going to make one post every day for the sole purpose of gaining VIP will likely get you nowhere.  

The BOTTOM LINE for 99% of VIP members is money.  If you aren't a VIP, you haven't spent enough.  If you still want it, spend more, and spend more.  Any other method is a total shot in the dark that has very little chance of working.  Spend more money.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I heard it had to do with saving franchise coins.  PM DFBB;  he can convert them for you.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yes everyone PM @DFBB for franchise coins, they turn you into a VIP!!!!!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Dang....I tried to merely lurk in this thread, but the franchise coins pushed me too far! lol

To the OP and those who are seeking VIP via 'other' methods: Is it possible? Yes. Will it happen if you simply post a lot? Very unlikely. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Yes, it has been spelt out.  You just haven't done the 20 seconds worth of research needed to go beyond the first page.  If you had, you would have found numerous threads all asking the exact same question.  So since you haven't done the research and still feel this hasn't been spelled out, I will go through this yet AGAIN. 

GAINING VIP - A GUIDE

1)  VIP status is at the discretion of GLU.  They do NOT publish a GUARANTEED method of becoming VIP.  

2)  The easily most common method of gaining VIP status is to spend a ton of money on this game.  The more, the better.  The amount that others have reported is $818, on ONE SINGLE GAME.  If you spent $409 on '18 and spend another $409 on '19 that does not count.  $818 on one game, but this AGAIN is at the DISCRETION OF GLU.  The more you spend, the better your chances.  

3)  One or two select members have gained VIP status by spending a little and being an active positive member in the GLU community.  For those members it was a very long process and did not happen overnight, it was through months and months of active and PRODUCTIVE posting on forums, social media, global, etc.  Even doing so for a year, is NO GUARANTEE.  Kissing butt and repeatedly posting things like "I love GLU!" or asking repeatedly about VIP, or announcing that you are going to make one post every day for the sole purpose of gaining VIP will likely get you nowhere.  

The BOTTOM LINE for 99% of VIP members is money.  If you aren't a VIP, you haven't spent enough.  If you still want it, spend more, and spend more.  Any other method is a total shot in the dark that has very little chance of working.  Spend more money.  
    And if you spend the 0.3 second to look pass this single thread we would be having this conversation. Reports??? A lot of people do say $818 is a good  threshold, and the same amount of people say $818 means nothing. These numbers are all just rumors. We all know spending money better your chances but so does being active members on these forums. Let these guys discuss how become vip in this thread. I did scroll pass the first page, I saw four VIP threads on the first five pages, and one was a VIP member asking about gifts. 28 threads on each page and only 4 VIP threads, looks like there are more threads about other things than VIP. 

GAINING VIP - A GUIDE

Since you know everything, if you just posted this, you could have avoided this whole conversation. I’m sure the guy who created this thread is very thankful for your answer. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited April 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    Don't want my inbox to get flooded but I've been somewhat of a "VIP MAKER" the past couple of days. The fee is a bottle of genuine Unicorn tears.

EDIT: Can't make you a VIP so please don't PM for it. :neutral: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Don't want my inbox to get flooded but I've been somewhat of a "VIP MAKER" the past couple of days. The fee is a bottle of genuine Unicorn tears.

Guess I’ll just dump these unicorn tears out then 🤥
    Houmy said:
    dkarski87 said:

No payment required from you buddy. You're always a VIP in my book. Even with your custom legend sporting a mullet!!!

bigvivec said:
    I heard it had to do with saving franchise coins.  PM DFBB;  he can convert them for you.
    @iwishiwasbatman

It's this, forget everything else I said.  This is how to become VIP.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Houmy said:
    dkarski87 said:

No payment required from you buddy. You're always a VIP in my book. Even with your custom legend sporting a mullet!!!

You said it was hurting me, so I went bald. Lol. Had to change it up some. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Houmy I’m pretty sure it’s Chuck Norris’s tears that can make you an instant VIP. Too bad Chuck Norris has never cried.
    @navyjack77 yeah but good luck getting his tears. Much easier finding a unicorn than getting chuck teared up 🥋

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I watch a lot of videos at work for gold... Why am I not VIP? LOL
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

I am offended by all these posts..

Making me VIP is the only thing that will make me feel better :P

Need more Living Legends!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    In all seriousness, the only thing that matters is how much you spend unless you are special, like @DFBB. The $818 is a number that is not exact. I spent exactly $859.59 on the 18 version. I think I know why I didn’t get VIP. Subscriptions. If your subscriptions do not count towards the All Star tickets in 19, then it most likely didn’t count towards VIP in 18. You have to spend the money on non recurring purchases, such as bundles and gold. I was very upset in the beginning after breaking the so called barrier on cash spent. CS does not give any info out on VIP so I was left in the dark. I am not upset anymore as I now know what is needed and how to get there. I love this game and it can be frustrating at times, but no need to get so upset about it. Please let me know if you agree or disagree.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    why is he special? He sucks at this game! ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    In another thread a punter got his VIP status by reaching level 10 with all star tickets...............tangible and defined parameters!