Hot Start Box; is it worth it?

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
What do you guys think about the hot start box? Is it worth the 500 gold? Lmk!

Comments

• Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I pulled Trout after my 2nd pull. Then spent 12k of gold and got 2 more hot start guys. I think it is worth it but maybe I got lucky?
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Interesting, but I don’t have that amount of gold😂
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I bought 46 boxes (23k gold) and didn’t get a specialty player. So let’s just say my weekend didn’t get off to a HOT START!! 

• sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I needed another 5* pitcher so I bought 24 just to get the fan reward Musgrove. Ended up getting Castillo with box #24. All the other boxes were 4* players. Depends on what you are chasing after. 
  • NohhmygodNohhmygod Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I also bought 24 boxes to get Musgrove as I desperately need starting pitching.  Pulled back to back Tim Anderson’s on boxes 21 and 22.  Kinda sucks to pull a dupe, but at least I got one.  Also pulled like 4x Charlie Morton, who I can also use until I get all 5* starting pitchers.
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I pulled Trout on the last box I was willing to buy for the weekend.  Red lines aren’t getting played, with the exception of Polanco, and he’ll sit down Sunday night. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL....back to the “worth it” question!!!
  • SharkdiversSharkdivers Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I bought 174 boxes.. i got Trout on my 173 box...

Joking... i cant believe you guys are buying so many boxes. Some people must be spending $400 plus a month on this game.. wtf.  WoW 
    I’d say it’s worth it if you’re chasing that Trout!  
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I pulled Trout from my 3rd box, which was a rare lucky pull for me. Honestly I don’t think it is worth opening more than 5-8 boxes cause most of these players will be irrelevant pretty soon. Maybe 2-3 weeks. Maybe even sooner. 
    @tocopan18 this is true.  I was just mentioning this on the line app,  I try to keep it around 6-10 boxes a weekend, but 19’ has me hooked, after jumping way too fast in 18’ I’m finding myself just chasing these 300+ guys early on.  Which has came in handy with WOH, and season mode. Both of which I couldn’t  win nor cycle for crap last season.   
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’d say this box is worth every ounce of double video gold...

• Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I bought 174 boxes.. i got Trout on my 173 box...

Joking... i cant believe you guys are buying so many boxes. Some people must be spending $400 plus a month on this game.. wtf.  WoW 
    Last double gold weekend I received 18k worth of gold so I used 12k of that this weekend d
    Update:

Bought 4 more boxes from watching videos and a couple simple offers. Nada.

Got the $70 mountain popup this morning, reluctantly purchased it. Then opened 21 boxes. Again, nada.

That makes me 0 for 71 this weekend. I thought these were supposed to be 10 percent??? 

I dont even wanna play anymore lol
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY you’re driving yourself mad lol 
    @JEDDDOGGY you’re driving yourself mad lol 
    Dang bud, sorry for the string of luck. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Got 12 Wong and 6 Berrios. 
    BS Odds
    Worthless game. 
    IOS so no hack to buy a bunch more. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited April 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Update:

Bought 4 more boxes from watching videos and a couple simple offers. Nada.

Got the $70 mountain popup this morning, reluctantly purchased it. Then opened 21 boxes. Again, nada.

That makes me 0 for 71 this weekend. I thought these were supposed to be 10 percent??? 

I dont even wanna play anymore lol
    I always pull players in the boxes if I get them as a reward.  Daily gift or the CVC reward and I will pull the 10 percent (more like .007 percent) but that’s where I have luck.  Otherwise, I’m a passenger on the same boat you’re in lol 0 for 32 otherwise.  
    Pulled Tim Anderson on 72nd box and Shane Greene on 73rd but I’m still mad tho lol.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Pulled Tim Anderson on 72nd box and Shane Greene on 73rd but I’m still mad tho lol.
    I would have thrown my phone across the room after I deleted the app. 
  • iwishiwasbatmaniwishiwasbatman Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Worth it!!! 
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I pulled Anderson but for the life of me I can’t get Trout