New to Forums/Team Help

mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and have played since tap 2018 but stopped in around June. Just looking for tips on how to improve my team either now or later in the year like which boxes to open etc. Currently at silver waiting to cap everything before I jump to gold.

Comments

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I would trade in your whole team except for the Anderson and trout hot starts  

Don't waste your time leveling up all of those scrubs  You wasted a ton of xp on 3-4.5 star guys...don't level them past bronze 10 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    trade in all your keepers
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    trade in all your keepers
    You actually can’t trade them in. Permanently locked. However I wouldn’t invest another drop of XP I to the ones you have. They aren’t worth the single XP cost, let alone the 5X cost
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I would invest in some POTW and try to cycle WOH with them to build a solid team rather than event boxes as you have a better shot at landing a solid player (50% vs 5-10%). Also as @Bigpredfan pointed out don't spend on your keepers as they are already outmatched by regular players.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I would invest in sluggers and build resources through derby and slugfest. If you haven't already done so, cap your legend asap. As others have noted, your keepers are not ideal. I, too, would ignore them moving forward.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Dont listen to @Houmy, @Bigpredfan or @DFBB. There all a bunch of crazy yahoos. ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Dont listen to @Houmy, @Bigpredfan or @DFBB. There all a bunch of crazy yahoos. ;)
    I don't know about the other two but I'd rather be a crazy yahoo than a Canuck :trollface:

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    In that case you are crazy by association. 

@DFBB brings up a good point about sluggers and your legend. Sluggers were a big reason to a good start both in 2018 and 2019. If you haven’t made your legend yet, I would consider 3B if you want an immediate upgrade, since both of your keepers are 3B 
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    Thank you for the responses. Also is the 5 tool subscription box worth it?
    Thank you for the responses. Also is the 5 tool subscription box worth it?
    Yes. $3.00 per week is the best money you'll ever spend in this game.

Is my team good enough to cycle? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to really get invested in TSB this year
    Legend is Silver 3 currently, working to improve him
    Is my team good enough to cycle? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to really get invested in TSB this year
    It'll be hard and expensive to cycle with that team hence my suggestion for POTW. If you get a couple more 310+ batters, especially a lefty, then you have a much better chance.