WoH for 4-22-19: Snell and friends!

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Houmy said:
    One of these days I would really love to get a peak at the piece of code that determines the order of players in WOH. Simply switching out one of the bottom guys (Yelich/Trout) changes the position of the top two and when I switch those same two players again yet another change involving more than just the top two. Seen that happen a lot before even without switching out players. #playerpositiongate

So I’ve noticed this tonight as well, but I also noticed that this happened to better match up my batter with the pitcher. I could be crazy but #playerpositiongate is real. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Also this happened! 4.8-4.10 were the toughest I actually used a lot of gold for boost and retries, but 5 I blew through so easily. 

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Did it woo!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I do t know why this matchup took 6 attempts to finally prevail, but at least I made it through once 

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @slafrance2 I'm guessing we're gonna have a lot of "gates" this year. This one just became my new favorite. Apparently we get 6 outs per inning now. #displaygate

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I do t know why this matchup took 6 attempts to finally prevail, but at least I made it through once 

It's the mullet. The mullet makes it harder to hit.

I really wish some of this 5% luck could be saved for another day. 2nd cycle and same player. Kinda wish I was in the mood for multicycling as it would have been fun with 3 active POTW though. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I thought you were on "sabbatical"??????
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    I am. Hence the 2nd cycle just happening as I play just when I'm bored @dkarski87 (#tsb19forumpolice)

• sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Took me all day but in the last hour of the event cycled twice. Snell is a welcome addition but got crap from the boxes.  Still love the challenge and tapping all day long. 
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited April 2019
    3 cycles today, but never have I hit into so many double plays. I lost count, but If I had to guess, no less than 20. Not all of them resulted in losing the round, but still..... 

Anyway, I'm light years ahead of where I was in 2018, this early in the season, with woh, so for that I am pleased! 
  • SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Level 3 seemed to be the hardest today. Third event in a row beating it and level 5 was a breeze. Just played the matchups and made an 80g boost on 5.10
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    I'm on iphone and i double clicked and restarted the app before doing 5.10.
    I do this religiously.  
    Shouldn’t this team be good enough to cycle?? Everyone is maxed silver 10 yet I can’t get out of round 4
    Maybe with a lot of gold....better adding a couple bats.  
    likenight said:
    Team strength at 46k all upgrades maxed out at 40.
    Wtf.
    Still stuck on 3.
    Autoplay won’t even get me past 3-6
    Not really strong enough IMO....clubmates in silver who finally cycled were mid 50s total strength.  
    I was happy today.....am a Snell fan and missed having a version in the team since ‘18.  Box didn’t yield much but i stacked some much needed bxp and cash.  Got this guy from one of the draft picks.....good times.   

Houmy said:
    @slafrance2 I'm guessing we're gonna have a lot of "gates" this year. This one just became my new favorite. Apparently we get 6 outs per inning now. #displaygate

I poked fun before in ‘18 but honestly this game needs some extensive surgery.....can only open one ticket at a time with CS.....I stopped adding to my pending issues list because silly glitches, choppy gameplay and bizarre animations along with crashes, freezes and ghost resets are sucking the fun out of the experience.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    With my 48k silver team I notched 3 cycles in total, my Reds were off yesterday so no live boost to help.  Two cycles early in the day and a third one late though level 4 can still be an issue with Baez/Lester giving me issues.
    I started putting my best player on 3.8, 4.6 and 5.8....added a 20 boost at 3.10 and 4.10 and a 40boost at 5.10 and had no real issues after that.  
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    1st cycle of the year. Took me until December of last year to do it.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    edited April 2019
    After hours and hours of grinding yesterday, I finally beat WOH for the first and only time this season. When I opened my first Rays box, the game crashed and the box disappeared.

I contacted Customer Service, and they responded this morning to say that they checked the logs and saw that I received Matt Duffy and Michael Lorenzen from the Rays boxes and traded them both in. While it’s true that I did receive Matt Duffy from the second box (a three-star player, yay!), he’s still on my roster. And Michael Lorenzen isn’t in the Rays box (which is good, since he plays for the Reds), so I’m not sure how I accomplished that feat. :|
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    2nd Cycle Picked up Lowe, easier due to the live boost from the Royals - Rays game...shame me playing the game didn't actually boost the Royals....ugh.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @matt_sackett I received the boost from Sox yesterday though the game was postponed, vid boost occasionally and 20g for 5.9 cause I forgot to restart app prior. Also received Lowe in second box of second cycle.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Nice...that boost helps! regardless of who you root for...or how crappy they play...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Regarding boost, are we allowed to change our team to one that plays on WOH days? What is the rule if you change your team?
    MacGruber said:
    Regarding boost, are we allowed to change our team to one that plays on WOH days? What is the rule if you change your team?
    You can if you pay the 150 gold but you will lose your season game progress and it resets to 0 games played.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I had seven cycles yesterday, but the last one was brutal. Seemingly, it took forever. Double play after double player at 5.10. :( However, I certainly can't complain about my pulls.  :)

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    I had seven cycles yesterday, but the last one was brutal. Seemingly, it took forever. Double play after double player at 5.10. :( However, I certainly can't complain about my pulls.  :)

Tron-tastic buddy!!!

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Nice pulls boys.  I'm working on a streak of over 100 boxes now without pulling a speciality 5 star.  I guess if you are gonna slump now is not a bad time but anxiously awaiting to bust out.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Nice pulls boys.  I'm working on a streak of over 100 boxes now without pulling a speciality 5 star.  I guess if you are gonna slump now is not a bad time but anxiously awaiting to bust out.

Same here man. Waste all my bad luck now.
    Need more Living Legends!