Options

Slugfest Still Matters!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
It's less than five minutes till and no reveal on the slugger reward for slugfest today. Obviously, this means that slugfest is alive! :)
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I actually pulled a 5 ⭐️ from my completed season draft picks this morning! Hopefully that’ll help me cycle, along with my legend “Max Overall” 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Ugh, we went backwards. Yelich is an 85 at b1 and Puig is an 86. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    And for WOH you get one box with a 10 percent chance at a pitcher that wouldn't make my rotation.

Today already stinks.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The WOH level 5 reward is a 90% chance at 1200 XP?  That's utterly disappointing.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    And for WOH you get one box with a 10 percent chance at a pitcher that wouldn't make my rotation.

Today already stinks.
    At least you dont have to waste gold on boxes, unless you dont have Yellich yet. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    So you think I can hit that tier 6 all by myself today?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    RichNorwoodRichNorwood Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Yelich stays close to puig though, hes 137 max on silver and puig is 138
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Its Possible if you believe!

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Congrats dude, looks like given his score you earned it too.
  • Options
    Wish I could have gotten Puig last week but just didnt have the time. Could autoplay to 5.7 but didn’t try beyond. Judge gave me a hard time for a bit there. Only 1 restart on 5.10. 

• Options
    dkarski87 said:

"It's". #forumgrammarpolice vs. #tsb19forumpolice  😛

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I didn’t struggle that much to get this Yelich (would have rather had the PotW one but I’ll take it).  I’ve already cycled this event more than I did in ‘18 (2 vs 1) because I actually planned a little bit for it.
  • Options
    Yelich would be my 5th best slugger behind my custom legend, Muncy, Trout and Puig. Not even worth my time.

The WOH reward and achievement videos for 5 bonus games is insulting.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yelich would be my 5th best slugger behind my custom legend, Muncy, Trout and Puig. Not even worth my time.

Almost same situation for me but I forced myself to do the one cycle and get him as:

1 - He's cheap to cap in silver
    2 - He'll make autoplay much faster when it comes to level 5 by pushing the 4.5* down the line for the lower matches

• Options
    Houmy said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Almost same situation for me but I forced myself to do the one cycle and get him as:

1 - He's cheap to cap in silver
    2 - He'll make autoplay much faster when it comes to level 5 by pushing the 4.5* down the line for the lower matches
    Yep.  Got to keep going and getting the top sluggers every week.  
  • Options
    Yeah he literally wouldn’t help me at all, he’s like 1 point higher than my lowest guy, so I’m not bothering with it other than to grab the cash from levels 1-4
  • Options
    It is odd that they would have a top slugger that regresses from last week's Puig, especially being such a bigger name in Yelich.  I wonder if there will be a statistical adjustment.  
  • Options
    Well Max Muncy is rated higher than Khris Davis, JD Martinez and literally everyone except Trout. So idk, it just seems like they don’t care about actual real life ability. Lol.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yea I grabbed yelich just to have and have cleared a couple more times but not super tempted to cap because for the reasons already said.
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Question about slugfest. I've stayed in bronze to build up resources despite woh being almost impossible. However, slugfest is quite easy to cycle in bronze. Is slugfest significantly harder in silver compared to bronze? I worry if I go to silver slugfest will be a lot harder... 
  • Options
    hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I thought the same thing before I went silver. As long as you have the resources to cap your top sluggers, you’ll be back to cycling in no time. I’m Silver lvl 4 and it was a breeze today @Punkers777
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Cycled slug for the first time ever today, including '18.

I started 2018 a little too late for slugfest to matter to me all that much, but I believe by the time I started EVO had already been replaced with xp/pxp rewards. Anyways, probably the most exciting part of today for me was nabbing Yelich, which would be my only 5* slugger other than my Legend "Dirk". 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    BigHurt said:
    Cycled slug for the first time ever today, including '18.

I started 2018 a little too late for slugfest to matter to me all that much, but I believe by the time I started EVO had already been replaced with xp/pxp rewards. Anyways, probably the most exciting part of today for me was nabbing Yelich, which would be my only 5* slugger other than my Legend "Dirk". 
    “Dirk”......really?!

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Question about slugfest. I've stayed in bronze to build up resources despite woh being almost impossible. However, slugfest is quite easy to cycle in bronze. Is slugfest significantly harder in silver compared to bronze? I worry if I go to silver slugfest will be a lot harder... 
    Aside from the occasional opponent going nuts and putting up 5500+ round, they will usually miss one early which allows you to run away with the round if you can go 10/10 without shorter 400-ish foot homers. In one of my cycles yesterday Stanton (5.7 or 8?) only had one homer through 9 pitches, like he just gave up how I or anyone does when your concentration breaks. He did hit one on last pitch to break 1K though...
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    bigvivec said:

@bigvivec, this is the best thing ever!