Update w/ difficulty WoH Towers!!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
We've been asking for it and wow! See guys, they do read these forums! I'm pumped for Monday!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    What would be the different difficulty towers? Sounds like a very good addition!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    No available update for iPhone yet
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Awesome! I was getting really impatient with the basic players, would be nice to win a good player
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    So far, the update has been an absolute dream. Videos are flying with very little load time and the online status bar is cool as hell!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Can't wait to see what the WOH difficulty tower is. Could it be what I had begged for since they introduced multiple woh prizes in 18? Play hard mode and get the guaranteed top prize?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    Can't wait to see what the WOH difficulty tower is. Could it be what I had begged for since they introduced multiple woh prizes in 18? Play hard mode and get the guaranteed top prize?
    This is definitely nice. You led the charge and it always made so much sense. I felt WoH was way too easy last year(Nobody should be able to cycle at will), but it was still tough for some of the newer guys. I can't wait for Monday!
    I wonder how they'll make it tougher. Same pitchers, just down by more runs? Different pitchers altogether? Or....start the count at 0-0 and mimic a regular game experience?? That would be awesome!
    DFBB said:
    I wonder how they'll make it tougher. Same pitchers, just down by more runs? Different pitchers altogether? Or....start the count at 0-0 and mimic a regular game experience?? That would be awesome!
    Lower leveled pitchers and lower rewards is my guess. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    So do we save our gold for monday
    whammo911 said:
    Depends on the fan rewards and weekend boxes. 2x gold, should be plenty to go around. lol
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Pump up the RNG.....the rest is just window dressing.  Super stoked for this....something to look forward to!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    LOL....I’m going to tap like it was a pacemaker.....should be able to pull down fan rewards plus another 10k by WOH at minimum.  Already halfway there.   
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Agreed this update is top notch. Cant wait to see what WOH looks like now.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I dont see any change as far as adding unique all star perks
    BOZZCO said:
    I dont see any change as far as adding unique all star perks
    The only changes I have noticed are they added the descriptions to the picks. Instead of guessing it now says “AL West Draft Pick” as an example 
    I did get a notification for 220 all star tickets collected upon logging in after the update yesterday. Anyone else? Could be the five tool subscription but that should be 300 tickets.

Houmy said:
    I did get a notification for 220 all star tickets collected upon logging in after the update yesterday. Anyone else? Could be the five tool subscription but that should be 300 tickets.
    I've heard many people were rewarded with all star tickets. I believe it's 10pts/$1 so the five tool should be 30 points.
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    I've heard many people were rewarded with all star tickets. I believe it's 10pts/$1 so the five tool should be 30 points.
    YEP. It is true all the great things they say about me but I just can't do simple math in the mornings :wink: 

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I got 100 tickets after the update. I was thinking it was cause of the subscriptions fix.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    This is definitely nice. You led the charge and it always made so much sense. I felt WoH was way too easy last year(Nobody should be able to cycle at will), but it was still tough for some of the newer guys. I can't wait for Monday!

The number of people who thought WOH was "too easy" are few and far between.  This is not meant as a criticism at all, but many people who play don't have time to cycle 20 times, as you sometimes did last year.  And, many did not find even their one cycle very easy -- I had a pretty good team last year and there were times when it cost me 2K gold to get through the tower, with numerous failed attempts along the way.  If this becomes an excuse to make sure that the decent prizes are only available to those who beat peak Edwin Diaz (from 2018), it is going to cause a lot of frustration and eventually disinterest.

I hope this ends up being a good thing, but I am reserving judgment. 

DFBB said:
    So far, the update has been an absolute dream. Videos are flying with very little load time and the online status bar is cool as hell!
    Videos are rather nice now and almost remind me of how it used to be in 17. "Almost" as I don't believe there was a lag for "checking for videos" after you finished watching an ad. The new speed is making it hard to get work done now as I was used to work on responding to emails or do some design work while the videos were ready again after watching the last one. gotta get used to the new timing now.

As far as the status bar goes I wonder how many are going to get kicked from their clubs now once the leaders see them on all day with no contribution to the clubs?

• BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I received 100 tickets as well after update... pretty sure my total didn't go up at all!!! ( but that is a different issue that i seem to have with all star tickets).  I just hope getting tickets owed to you isn't what they consider to be a "more unique perk"  LOL
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:

The number of people who thought WOH was "too easy" are few and far between.  This is not meant as a criticism at all, but many people who play don't have time to cycle 20 times, as you sometimes did last year.  And, many did not find even their one cycle very easy -- I had a pretty good team last year and there were times when it cost me 2K gold to get through the tower, with numerous failed attempts along the way.  If this becomes an excuse to make sure that the decent prizes are only available to those who beat peak Edwin Diaz (from 2018), it is going to cause a lot of frustration and eventually disinterest.

In 18 I always thought WOH was rather easy to cycle as far as comparing it to 17. I still took me some time to cycle on certain days and I only gave up on it twice with no cycles during the Snell/Diaz 80%(un)hittable days. I am not saying it was super easy or that I managed it better than others, just the fact that it was made easier compared to 17 which made sense with the lower odds of landing the top prize and that is why I floated the idea about having different modes.

I really hope this new difficulty mode they mentioned is something like that so we get an option now to either go back to 17 "harder" mode with a guaranteed top prize or 18 mode with no guarantees. I just hope they don't make it where you just get better odds of landing the top prize by increasing the percentage which means you could still walk away unsatisfied even after cycling on hard mode. Also if you have to select the difficulty at the beginning I hope that they at least they put a reset option in there in case we get stuck on hard mode and wish to go back to other modes. Unless of course you can select the mode before each inning. 

All speculation at this point and I am sure I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting* for it this coming Monday so we'll just have to wait and see.

*before our #tsb19forumpolice makes a comment (You know who you are). YES I am going to play Monday to see how this new feature works.

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Sounds like I will be taking the most basic level possible first to try and actually beat WOH for the first time in 2+ years.
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:

I think you highlighted exactly why this change was necessary. Once skills were capped(20/20), time became the only limiting factor in terms of cycles. However, for those who weren't able or chose not to go that route, I did notice that they had more trouble. That said, I'm realizing that I'm in the minority. Most people I've talked to are a tad less excited(understatement). Regardless, I can't wait for Monday!
    Worth noting, but I assumed that the current WoH will be considered the 'easier' of the two modes and the prizes will be similar to what we've seen. However, I could certainly be wrong. @Bigpredfan first alluded to it, but i took it as a joke. He mentioned that the 'other' mode will just have lower prizes and lowered difficulty on pitching. Man....if that's the case? Freaking buzz kill! :(
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I give up.....don't know what it is i say sometimes that gets flagged for approval

Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    Videos are rather nice now and almost remind me of how it used to be in 17. "Almost" as I don't believe there was a lag for "checking for videos" after you finished watching an ad. The new speed is making it hard to get work done now as I was used to work on responding to emails or do some design work while the videos were ready again after watching the last one. gotta get used to the new timing now.

As far as the status bar goes I wonder how many are going to get kicked from their clubs now once the leaders see them on all day with no contribution to the clubs?
    What I've noticed about videos is a most welcome change that occurs when the display turns off and device locks if you're not back in time to x out of current vid to load next or if you do x out but fail to load next before said timeouts. Once the device is unlocked the app seems to reload itself and establish a connection to whatever CDN is pushing the vids. Previously it would play only 1 vid  and fail to load subsequent which is probably queued locally at that point ready for consumption but since the device locked and the connection severed the connection would not be reestablished. All speculation however as I would have to examine network to confirm but if this is the case we should also see less issues during vid restarts of various modes one would hope...
    DFBB said:
    Worth noting, but I assumed that the current WoH will be considered the 'easier' of the two modes and the prizes will be similar to what we've seen. However, I could certainly be wrong. @Bigpredfan first alluded to it, but i took it as a joke. He mentioned that the 'other' mode will just have lower prizes and lowered difficulty on pitching. Man....if that's the case? Freaking buzz kill! :(
    My thought process is that there will be 3 modes, 1 above the current difficulty and 1 below it. Of course it is speculation, but the best way to get people excited is to have a difficulty level where all players can beat it. If you don’t have a great team, here is the rookie level and you can choose it and cycle. Can you beat it now, but it takes a whole lot?  Good!  Here is the middle level of difficulty. Find it too easy?  Here is the difficult level. Each level with their own prizes. Could even be something where the level 5 prize is always a box and you get more boxes for the difficult level(s). There is really no telling what they plan on. 
    edited April 2019
    DFBB said:
    My thought process is that there will be 3 modes, 1 above the current difficulty and 1 below it. Of course it is speculation, but the best way to get people excited is to have a difficulty level where all players can beat it. If you don’t have a great team, here is the rookie level and you can choose it and cycle. Can you beat it now, but it takes a whole lot?  Good!  Here is the middle level of difficulty. Find it too easy?  Here is the difficult level. Each level with their own prizes. Could even be something where the level 5 prize is always a box and you get more boxes for the difficult level(s). There is really no telling what they plan on. 
    So long as it's not #1 picks, franchise coins or other non-sense low level rewards for lower level(s)....