Options

If I were to buy one of those special 30 dollar players this year, would Contreras be the most worth

jamikl42jamikl42 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
Catcher is a pretty hard position to fill from my experience. If he’s not worth, what should i wait for? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I’m trying to figure out what his other skill is. It’s not one I’ve seen before.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It seems like for bonus games but not 100 percent sure
  • Options
    NixedNixed Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Yes, his second is for bonus games. Blowout and bonus games. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It seems like for bonus games but not 100 percent sure
    It is. Bonus games and blowout. Skills aren’t great at all, but I got him because I’m about to jump to gold and this buys me time to level up my legend 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Bigpredfan ur nuts, so much for our talk this morning.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited April 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    @Bigpredfan ur nuts, so much for our talk this morning.
    Lol. I’m not heading to diamond, yet......

but those bonus games games will help me get the 30K in gloves in case I owe something 
  • Options
    Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    jamikl42 said:
    Catcher is a pretty hard position to fill from my experience. If he’s not worth, what should i wait for? Thank you!
    Prime Mauer
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Personally, I'm holding off until they start selling a legendary player. Last year I couldn't hit legends at all till like Sept. and had stockpiles of Lxp sitting around.

Unless its a favorite player or something, I just don't see the value this early. I'm sure plenty of people are already regretting buying guys like Freeman.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @Scioscia_Fan Freeman is still the highest rated 1b in the game if I’m not mistaken. 
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    @Scioscia_Fan Freeman is still the highest rated 1b in the game if I’m not mistaken. 
    Just saying, he'll quickly be in the dustbin for many. A 1-skill (320). A comparable Votto was free like a week later. If I was a Braves or Freeman fan, I get that, otherwise, I just didn't see the value for an early 1B. A Catcher or elite SP I could get behind more.
  • Options
    KraintstoffKraintstoff Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    These players might seem good right now but shortly will be thrown to the wayside when the cap starts boosting. And prime and legends come out and they will be worthless. Unless their capped moved like keeps are supposed to
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Just to put this out there all, your point of them not being good in a bit is true but none the less will never change!!   When prime 350-400 max are released then these will go out the door. But then 450 max primes will push 350 out the door.  Then we see legends released to take over those primes. And so on.  That’s the point of game, to keep us buying/chasing players