Glu is forcing us to level up ! Another solution though..

MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
Spend money, grind, build yourself a nice competitive team in Gold and get demolished by much better competition - all of whom are Platinum and Diamond. CS tells me its the amount of WINS you have that determines the factor of who you will face in Bonus Games, Tourney's etc. After showing CS multiple screenshots (alot) of the caliber teams (I'm talking teams that win VIP Tournaments) face during the events like yesterday's Royale - they say stay in the tier where your comfortable. 
That is one solution, the other is to walk away from the game. What is the point in trying to compete. I would have better luck trying to nail Jello to a tree.Peace!!
Prev13

Comments

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Sucks that you send time building a great team only to get screwed over. They seem to have ramped up the “pay to play” idea even more than last year...
    Faced this guy over 50x

I don’t mind playing guys with killer teams in my level, but that is ridiculous!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Okay... so maybe here's another reason NOT to go Gold???
    Not 50 lifetime...50x yesterday. Taplegend around 12-15 games yesterday. JTSNOW around 20x
    And before y'all comment. I did block all 3 and Glu still peppers me against them.
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @blueleopard , if you are still around can you PLEASE read our cry’s here and DO something about it.  We spend money to be highly competitive and it’s just robbery for glu to set us up to loose!!    We have good win/loose ratios because we PAYED for it.  gLU must use a different method for matching us in games as this is really gonna push guys away from the game. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah I got to a point in Silver (61k strength) and facing 83k to 95k teams. Frustrating a bit
    I had Verlander as a Bonus Guy Yesterday. He lost 79 games yesterday. Used over 25 ice wraps on him too. 
    newfy said:
    @blueleopard , if you are still around can you PLEASE read our cry’s here and DO something about it.  We spend money to be highly competitive and it’s just robbery for glu to set us up to loose!!    We have good win/loose ratios because we PAYED for it.  gLU must use a different method for matching us in games as this is really gonna push guys away from the game. 

Look at the date. No reply. This has been weeks

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    What was the name of other guy (something victor).  Try him out if you know his name
    Vic is gone. I think he lasted a week. Helped my clubmate then vanished 
    I feel for you @Madswagoo. Honestly tho, the saddest part is that you’ve spent $1200...
    fahhq2 said:
    I feel for you @Madswagoo. Honestly tho, the saddest part is that you’ve spent $1200...
    Believe me. Hit the transaction button is easy. But when you dig into the dollar amount its absolutely remorseful. A couple players.. a couple mountains... UHG
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Going gold doesn’t always help...

Yeah... I"m definitely not pulling the trigger on Gold now that I've seen all of this today. 

I don't want to be playing 130k strength Tap Legends or King Pork or whatever 100x a day in Gold. I'll just stay Silver and get beat by 40k teams instead.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    A 40k gold team is jumping way to early. Of course that won't help.
    But they still wallop my 62k Silver team for some reason.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I’m 62K at gold and not having any issues at all. Granted I’m not “wasting” any wins anywhere. I don’t atop at a playoff series to stay behind. I either move on or stop playing division games. Don’t really streak either. Trying to limit my games. 

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I’m 62K at gold and not having any issues at all. Granted I’m not “wasting” any wins anywhere. I don’t atop at a playoff series to stay behind. I either move on or stop playing division games. Don’t really streak either. Trying to limit my games. 

This is good to know I'm roughly 300 wins below you in gold.   Wasnt sure what the number would be but I plan on limiting my season games until i go plat
    @Bigpredfan ah... the OP has about 5k wins. That has to be why he is playing these Platinum/Diamond teams. I'm at 2100 wins in Silver right now. 
    @Bigpredfan. Your not in trouble until you hit the 2500ish Win mark. Then u get slammed... even out a smidgen. Then at the 4800-5000 win range u get clobbered. It’s not just me. It’s all over FB. Played about 25 games thus far today. I won 9. Played Gurrielsgonewild probably 10-25 games. Play the same 7 teams over and over again. 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Bigpredfan ah... the OP has about 5k wins. That has to be why he is playing these Platinum/Diamond teams. I'm at 2100 wins in Silver right now. 
    But still 5k wins being matched up with 58k win two tiers up?  Something not right
    @ReadingFightingPhils
    True....
    I have no clue what to do next. Other than just not play the game very much and wait and see if there's a way to navigate this.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I started having issues in silver before I even reached 1K.   Not sure what threshold is but its alot lower then last year.
    @Mattattack I am at 2100 wins in Silver and can win about 50-60% right now. It's getting harder and harder though. I know last year I was still Silver in probably January, so I don't know what the deal is with this year's version.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I have cut way back on games played, waiting to see how this shakes out.  I do a lot more home run battles to play for fun, and cycling(WOH & Slugfest)/CVC doesn't seem to effect things at all.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I plan on getting to gold 6, waiting until I have my upgrades where I want them to be, capping my whole team, and moving on. I’ll save some XP and cash, but I’m not gonna stress about staying in a lower tier. If I can’t cycle walk-off, I’ll play level 1 and keep working on my team. 

its not what everyone would do, but I enjoy playing the games just as much as the tower events. I can play bonus games every day if the week, but walk-off only Monday and Wednesday. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    57K silver.  1930 Wins, 560 Losses.  I'm like 2 for 10 today even against 43K teams.
    edited May 2019
    @Bigpredfan yes, and you can put another big nasty looking dent in WOH with the fact that they're offering a lot of very good players for $29 seemingly every weekend. It seems cheaper and more feasible to just buy those guaranteed players than it is to buy a mountain of gold for $100 and go 0-fer on boxes.

Compare the Contreras, Vlad Jr and so on that they've offered as specials to the Grandal or Snell that was offered as WOH prize in the last week. Would you rather grind WOH for 12 hours and probably spend $30 of gold anyway, or would you just give them the $30 up front and get a better player without the headache?