POTW issue.

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
With POTW being on Wednesday with Royale, there is a huge discrepancy between the POTW players. 

Today, if you had the SS, you had both events with a multiplier of X1. If you had Voit, you had bonus games X4 and Walk-off X3. 

It feels like if you have Escobar you really get the shaft today 

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    And that is why I will not buy POTW unless they are Tuesday/Thursday bonus
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Woh is the one event that if you invested in your team and can cycle you usually get points for the guy you get, which is a nice reward knowing you can put up points for your club without spending, especially since they have been allergic so far this year to giving out free boxes. Didn’t mind getting the catcher today but the fact he got no points in woh and a potw was the woh point guy plkinda stunk.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Didn’t mind getting the catcher today but the fact he got no points in woh and a potw was the woh point guy plkinda stunk.
    I couldn't believe that either. Since when has the WoH reward guy ever not given bonus for WoH? Aside from pitchers, I can't think of any.

The PotW difference didn't bother me as much. We had one guy wreck with Escobar playing Prime/Tournaments finishing 2nd on the club. At least Prime plays were free and in general are easier matchups than Bonus games. My leadoff guy averages 7-8 AB's in prime games vs  4-5 AB's in Bonus. So with that math, I'd prolly be close to scoring the same using Escobar or Voit. Not everyone has an abundance of bonus tickets either.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Not counting the pitcher reward, I believe this is the second time this season a batter reward did not generate woh bonus points, just can’t remember which guy was the other occurrence, but it was fairly recent. Then the reward itself has usually been a guy that is lower strength then several guys already released through boxes. I don’t have a killer team by any means but the motivation to cycle woh has lost meaning.... if the player reward is not useful coz he’s not an improvement on your roster AND he doesn’t generate bonus points for your club, what’s the point? Yes I know granny was bonus in tourneys but that can be like playing bonus games where you’re often matched with vastly superior teams for the loss. Level rewards are not so fantastic that choosing to not cycle woh is becoming a real option.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Sandpipers

It's true. I remember cycling 12-15 times or even more per event in 18. This year, I get through once, I'm done. And that's just to say I beat it. Didn't even want or need Grandal yesterday. 

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    With POTW being on Wednesday with Royale, there is a huge discrepancy between the POTW players. 

Today, if you had the SS, you had both events with a multiplier of X1. If you had Voit, you had bonus games X4 and Walk-off X3. 

Looks like Voit got the shaft today. Escobar owners rejoice.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Looks like Voit got the shaft today. Escobar owners rejoice.
    I was gonna say the same thing. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Yup they tried to make up for it a bit.   Not much help today though with the crap win rates set by glu!!!  Or @Houmy should we call it #wingate. It will fall under the rest of the #gates under the category #glugates.   Lmfao.