POTM boxes are out

2Next

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019
    woohoo77 said:
    What is Shane Greene's skill?
    Bonus games I believe 
    You sure? I think its a torn up lottery ticket cause you’re never gonna get the bonus points when you lose all your bonus games its funny cause its true 
    Meh.  I started the day with 315 bonus games, still have 213 and won 170 bonus games to move through 2 gold levels. 
    315 - 213 still equal 102?

Edit: weird, that's a partial comment. It went to needing to be approved after I posted. Came back to thread and part of draft was saved but I don't remember what else I had written lol...
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Bonus games I believe 
    You sure? I think its a torn up lottery ticket cause you’re never gonna get the bonus points when you lose all your bonus games its funny cause its true 
    Meh.  I started the day with 315 bonus games, still have 213 and won 170 bonus games to move through 2 gold levels. 
    Not when you win more bonus games along the way
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Ahhhh right!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Bonus games I believe 
    Not when you win more bonus games along the way
    Yep. I believe you win more bonus games as you play them in earlier divisions. At diamond last year I would get 130 division wins for about 100 bonus games.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Yep. I believe you win more bonus games as you play them in earlier divisions. At diamond last year I would get 130 division wins for about 100 bonus games.  

I'm still wondering what the catch is with Diamond this year, with the reduced cost of leveling overall (xp/cash) and the complete elimination of gold needed to level players. There will be something, I'm sure. I am dying to find a screen capture of the Platinum & Diamond division rewards.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I'm still wondering what the catch is with Diamond this year, with the reduced cost of leveling overall (xp/cash) and the complete elimination of gold needed to level players. There will be something, I'm sure. I am dying to find a screen capture of the Platinum & Diamond division rewards.
    I’m of the opinion the catch is what everyone is complaining about right now. Being “forced” to level up earlier. You are persuaded to level up earlier in the exchange for diamond being more affordable 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I agree, I went Diamond last year only for the gold rewards, and come to find out i couldn't afford to get anyone past Plat 10.
    edited May 2019
    @Bigpredfan I just can't see Glu's top brass with an approach of "lets make Diamond a freaking utopia this year, and then implement things in the game to force people to go there as quickly as possible, so they can have endless amounts of gold and not have to spend much real money". I am willing to bet there's something else that's going to put a damper on it and we just don't know what it is yet.

@slafrance2 last year I pretty much just tried to level as many players as I could with re-pulls in WOH. If there was a guaranteed player that looked useful (and there were more than a few) then I would cycle the 10+ times and level them up to D10 for next to nothing. No gold at least, mind you. I did level a few that were not guaranteed pulls and it was excruciating to drop 70k gold on a single player. Holiday Ted, Legend Boggs and Will Clark were 3 guys I had to level up myself since they were never more than 1% pulls in WOH, or not at all in Ted's case.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I believe the “catch” will be something along the lines of do you want the very best players?  Sure you can have them they’ll cost you 29.99-39.99 each, there’s been one or two players a week like that or 40k fan rewards having sought after players behind them knowing that people will be impatient and buy mountains because people won’t save up.  Experience bundles also are another avenue that they could exploit.  The average player won’t be bothered to do what I and others would do on this forum and pound 2,000-3,000 bonus games to stack gold balancing that and tournament play to make sure you can continually win 1,000 games without running out of bonus games every week.  I personally won’t make the decision on diamond until I feel like I can generate enough exp to level a few players a week to reasonable levels, we also don’t know if prime or legends won’t cost gold at diamond yet either.  
    [snip]
    ... we also don’t know if prime or legends won’t cost gold at diamond yet either.  

^^^ Gulp.... yup, hadn't thought of that at all. That would be a catch, for sure.
  • JoshGreenJoshGreen Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Metsicans I was pretty upset that the odds were wrong at first I even put a ticket in (without any luck) it was already too late when I realized I had spent so much gold. My initial thought was POTM or a 5star Specialty was 45% each so together I got a 90% chance for a decent player and I kept getting XP one after another. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Got Yates and XP
  • NudeIntrudersNudeIntruders Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Dilemma:
    I pulled Bellinger out of this box, but already owned the 320 version with RHP skill up to 5k pxp... Do I level up POTM double skill Bellinger who will probably drop down to 310 or so, or do I just keep keeping on with old 320 one skill Bellinger?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The Belly POTM is AWESOME! I wouldn't hesitate to pour resources into him. Is he a rental? Yes. That said, everyone on your roster is a 'rental' except your keepers/ML. Personally, I wouldn't take his bases loaded skill beyond the bxp requirement. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Dilemma:
    I pulled Bellinger out of this box, but already owned the 320 version with RHP skill up to 5k pxp... Do I level up POTM double skill Bellinger who will probably drop down to 310 or so, or do I just keep keeping on with old 320 one skill Bellinger?
    I had the exact same situation and leveled him up to gold 10 with the late inning skill to 4% for the time being. Better to have essentially 2 of the best LHB for a month as opposed to 1 was my thinking 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    With the amount of righties in WoH yesterday, that's a great strategy.
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I’m currently 4 for 4 on POTM boxes 
    (Alonso, Yates, Lowe, and Yates again)

Do I keep pushing my luck, or quit while I’m ahead? I really could use Anderson, but I feel like a string of bad openings is on the horizon..
    *Update*

I stupidly decided to push my luck and open another... and pulled Bellinger. 5 for 5 now. At this point, do I just keep opening until I miss..? 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    You can stop making me cry 😢 
    It's all done with mirrors
  • sackmeister58sackmeister58 Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I pulled Castillo and Lowe and maybe opened 6 boxes. However, I decided to buy more boxes the next day and got Castillo again twice! I think the odds are predetermined for each human player. What are the odds of me pulling Castillo twice in a row? Has to be in the millions!
    *last update*

The streak is over.. I decided to open a 6th box and I pulled a 5 star Blake Snell (275 overall). I definitely can’t complain. 5 POTMs and 1 5 star out of 6 boxes.