Anyone else have Rizzo’s RISP skill disappear?

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
I believe this happened with Mikolas the other day. Did that get resolved for people? I already dumped resources into this skill and now it’s gone. 
Prev1

Comments

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Yeah. DEJONG & MIKOLAS dropped to single skill, but was quickly remedied and second was restored
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Yup. 2nd skill is gone. Wtf?!?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I opened a ticket.....everyone who needs them use these photos and open tickets complaining.  I leveled the RISP skill as well before evaporation.  
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    They did the same thing last time.  The description says right handed pitching skill and then the picture of Rizzo shows both skills.  Bob fell asleep at the keyboard again!
    Took the original screenshot tho.  Here you guys go.  
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    I can’t believe these crooks keep doing this!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I opened my ticket already. I would use a hashtag with this post, but that would attract @houmy here. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I opened my ticket already. I would use a hashtag with this post, but that would attract @houmy here. 
    Well you're either stuck with me or that pesky canuck @dkarski87
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• ThePolishPrinceThePolishPrince Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I bought Rizzo because he had the 2nd skill. You can’t take my money and give me something I didn’t purchase. That is fraudulent. These things need to stop or all of us need to stop spending money and then maybe they will get the point. 
    Skill is back. 
  • ThePolishPrinceThePolishPrince Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    All is fixed. Just close and open app. GLU posted message in game. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Noice.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Not knocking anyone that did but I have a hard time justifying spending money on a 4 week rental. Resources in the bundle make it more appealing but he will be out of your lineup soon enough, no? Help me understand the reasoning. 
    edited May 2019
    Not knocking anyone that did but I have a hard time justifying spending money on a 4 week rental. Resources in the bundle make it more appealing but he will be out of your lineup soon enough, no? Help me understand the reasoning. 
    LOL.....you’re TOTALLY bagging on everyone who bought him.   Why the negativity?!  If you don’t want to spend don’t.  You don’t have to be a jerk to those who do.  

In the end, every player acquired is a rental since as the game advances players become obsolete.  Honestly don’t get what you’re on about.

Last bit....and you will definitely come across this here.....money does not mean the same things to everyone.  Expensive to one is chump change to another.  Don’t assume otherwise.  
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    He’s not being a jerk, and he never has in this forum. He’s been nothing but positive in here. He’s just stating his opinion. 
    He’s not being a jerk, and he never has in this forum. He’s been nothing but positive in here. He’s just stating his opinion. 
     No, he’s belittling everyone who buys players from specials.  If you want to take that stance I am too just stating my opinion.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I definitely see that angle, but it's similar to my position on the POTM boxes. I've seen several people make the same argument you just made against Rizzo. In regards to the potm, in a month, they'll lose their boost. I get that. Thing is, who among your current starters will be active in a month? Yet, most have zero issues pumping resources into non-boosted guys even though in reality, they have a similar shelf life. 
    Outside of your keepers(and even then, no guarantee), everyone on your current roster will be replaced soon enough. In that sense, everyone you acquire is at best, a four to five week rental. With that said, elite options also help create a domino effect in acquiring players and resources. End of the day, however, it's simply fun. Even if they're elite options for just a few days or a few weeks, the fun factor can't be ignored. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @bigvivec you crack me up man. lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Here is my reasoning. Rizzo helps me to beat walk-off, where I can gain a lot of resources. Will he help me beat 5-10?  No because I have POTM Bellinger with the late inning skill. But he will help me autoplay more rounds, which in turn saves time allowing me to get more resources. Then when I get a 340-350 player, it is easier to level up that player. He also helps me this weekend. 

I know now he won’t be my best player in 4 weeks, because he isn’t my best player right now.  But he will help me for the next 4 weeks. The game evolves. By the logic that the player would be obsolete in 4 weeks, I wouldn’t invest in anyone until November. But that doesn’t help me get to November with the ability to level up new players when I get them. Rizzo is a stepping stone, but you can’t cross some creeks without stepping stones 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    My main reasoning is $29 is cheaper than the 5,000 gold you need to buy 10 boxes for the average 10% chance at a player. And as we well know, it is extremely common for guys to buy upwards of 30 boxes and still come away empty handed. And if you do get lucky and get a 10% player from the box, you could end up with a player who you don’t even want or need. 

Buying Rizzo guarantees me a player, and not only that, I know what player I’m getting. I know his max overall. I know what his skills are and what position he plays. It’s cheaper than throwing gold at cruddy box odds and the risk of wanting to throw my phone into a lake because I opened 109 boxes with no bonus player again is also not something I have to worry about. 

In my opinion, he’s the best player available this weekend (or at least on par with Baez).

bigvivec said:
    LOL.....you’re TOTALLY bagging on everyone who bought him.   Why the negativity?!  If you don’t want to spend don’t.  You don’t have to be a jerk to those who do.  

In the end, every player acquired is a rental since as the game advances players become obsolete.  Honestly don’t get what you’re on about.

Last bit....and you will definitely come across this here.....money does not mean the same things to everyone.  Expensive to one is chump change to another.  Don’t assume otherwise.  
    I'm not. I nearly pulled the trigger twice myself, the second time while display issue was going on so that was a hell no and I slept on it. Checked forums this morning and saw in-app it was a mistake and considered it again. Asking what other's reasoning is as this is the first player I've considered purchasing.
    Here is my reasoning. Rizzo helps me to beat walk-off, where I can gain a lot of resources. Will he help me beat 5-10?  No because I have POTM Bellinger with the late inning skill. But he will help me autoplay more rounds, which in turn saves time allowing me to get more resources. Then when I get a 340-350 player, it is easier to level up that player. He also helps me this weekend. 

I know now he won’t be my best player in 4 weeks, because he isn’t my best player right now.  But he will help me for the next 4 weeks. The game evolves. By the logic that the player would be obsolete in 4 weeks, I wouldn’t invest in anyone until November. But that doesn’t help me get to November with the ability to level up new players when I get them. Rizzo is a stepping stone, but you can’t cross some creeks without stepping stones 
    To @DFBB points as well, his skills are advantageous for sure and what was my initial draw. I am at cross-roads with pumping xp into skills now though. I'll cap bonus players I get going forward but should I hold off with skills and save up to go gold? This is what I ask myself.

There is a difference to me spending gold I get from grinding vids or win and spending real money. I'm trying to look at different ways of reconciling that. Thanks for the input.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    My main reasoning is $29 is cheaper than the 5,000 gold you need to buy 10 boxes for the average 10% chance at a player. And as we well know, it is extremely common for guys to buy upwards of 30 boxes and still come away empty handed. And if you do get lucky and get a 10% player from the box, you could end up with a player who you don’t even want or need. 

Buying Rizzo guarantees me a player, and not only that, I know what player I’m getting. I know his max overall. I know what his skills are and what position he plays. It’s cheaper than throwing gold at cruddy box odds and the risk of wanting to throw my phone into a lake because I opened 109 boxes with no bonus player again is also not something I have to worry about. 

In my opinion, he’s the best player available this weekend (or at least on par with Baez).

This is the explanation I think that makes the most sense re: spending gold vs spending real cash. I get this and personally have had extreme good luck the last 3+ weeks with pulling those low chance bonus guys. It has to end.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY like me wasting gold on 28 boxes and still got nothing but the fan reward KB. I’m 3 for 4 on CvC and still got junk players in all the reward boxes. I’m still thinking about buying the Rizzo lol

Edit: if anyone bought Rizzo which did you buy that full package for just the player? Debating still but wanna see what many have done. 
    edited May 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY like me wasting gold on 28 boxes and still got nothing but the fan reward KB. I’m 3 for 4 on CvC and still got junk players in all the reward boxes. I’m still thinking about buying the Rizzo lol

Edit: if anyone bought Rizzo which did you buy that full package for just the player? Debating still but wanna see what many have done. 
    Ben Zobrist over and over from CvC boxes. Meh.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @dustyhunks but last weekend I got every single bonus player. Lol
    There’s no logic behind any spending on this game lol so no point in arguing.  If you buy gold to purchase boxes, you’ll most likely end up on the forums complaining about not getting a certain player or being 0 for 20 at least once....If you purchase a player for $29.99, it’ll be a rental for 2 weeks or less depending on what Glu feels like releasing and we’ll see you next week complaining about the new specials tab player.  I play for the thrill of just scoring points sometimes.  So I know I’m buying rentals, and throughout the whole season it’s one rental after another.  Not one person on here has a fool proof method.  You have to spend a little, pray a little, and count your losses.  We’re all rolling the dice.  I don’t consider any of us smart with money bc Glu gets most of us every single time.  But at least we’re happy!  
    Two weeks or less is a bit of an exaggeration but yes point taken.  
    JEDDDOGGY said:

This is the explanation I think that makes the most sense re: spending gold vs spending real cash. I get this and personally have had extreme good luck the last 3+ weeks with pulling those low chance bonus guys. It has to end.
    Apparently not yet though...