Glu is forcing us to level up ! Another solution though..

13Next

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    But then you wont get pennants.
    Without getting into it too much, Ill just say I dont believe in their supposed powers that much.  That being said I have both hitting keepers at 60/60 so I can live with not leveling the rest who will likely be out of my lineup in 3-4 weeks anyway.
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I get they are trying to make it more challenging an that’s fine. Wednesday & Thursday bonus POW’s are irrelevant now because nobody can win games. People lose get frustrated and more likely to lose interest etc. I checked in periodically Thursday saw my impossible 130k opponents and completely shut it down. Bad business strategy if you ask me.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    There needs to be a little bit better transparency about what season mode does or doesn’t do with that said at least right now I don’t think they’re much of a factor but I will still play season mode games for now. If you’re fortunate enough to win the playoff series that is still 10,000 exp and 30 evo you didn’t have to buy if nothing else, and later in the season will be a mild source of prime/legend exp and more evo (was a total of 60 evo at the close of ‘18)
  • Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    The best way is to just level up continuously and not camp in bronze or silver. I know you won’t be able to cycle your players easily for events but at least you will play competition at your own level
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    The best way is to just level up continuously and not camp in bronze or silver. I know you won’t be able to cycle your players easily for events but at least you will play competition at your own level
    ....and be diamond by June?  No thanks!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    I don’t believe it is best to continually level up, but instead move up when you are ready. 

For some this will be sooner than others. You don’t want to just keep moving up if your team isn’t ready to move up. Leveling up is a decision one makes on their own, depending on how they enjoy the game. If they enjoy walk-off/derby more than playing the bonus games and prime events, then staying in lower divisions makes sense for them. I enjoy all aspects, so I move up at a specific pace. I could be platinum tomorrow, but I know I don’t have what I need to do that. 

Ive never skinned a cat, but I’ve heard there is more than 1 way to do so. There is also more than 1 way to enjoy this game. To each their own 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Today prime games have been easier in silver, even handed out my best beat down of the year at 49-5. I plan on going to gold in a few more weeks, unless woh becomes hard at silver and I get handicapped at c vs c, I’m fine with losing more games than I should, there’s no achievements for winning 95% of games anyway.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    In ‘18 I went gold sometime mid May for the same reason I went gold this season and it was just not winning enough games to properly help my club in events.  Experience helped me be in a better spot this season to still be able to cycle WoH which is my primary event.  It remains to be seen how the clamping will affect things and how this new tower difficulty changes things.
  • jcrow22jcrow22 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    @Bigpredfan “I’ve never skinned a cat, but I’ve heard there is more than 1 way to do so. There is also more than 1 way to enjoy this game. To each their own“. 
    I agree.  To each their own.  Glu is in this to make money.  That’s what good businesses do in a free market.  We can complain about that or find a way to enjoy the game.  I’m still in silver, around 2K wins and 67K team strength.  It’s difficult to get a win streak going in prime events.  If I have a bonus player, I’ll grind to help my club.  I’m at 16 million so far this weekend thanks to Cole.  But my longest streak is maybe 10 games.  My individual accolades won’t be as great as my clubs’.  But until all the kinks are worked out and we find out the deal with the WOH towers, I’m staying put.  If that means no prime event streaks or bonus games winning in the 90% range for a few weeks, so be it.   I’ll keep building my squad throughWOH and SF and building an arsenal of resources.  Once those 2 modes are unbeatable at silver, I’ll move up. Why rush up to the same issues in gold? 
    @jcrow22 while I’m not rushing to move up, reaching diamond in a good enough shape to win bonus games in the 90-95% range is my goal. I have multiple reasons for this 

1-  in a club by myself I love bonus games for the gloves. My club is currently mid silver and keeping the bonus games rolling is the easiest, quickest way to get gloves. Slugfest also gives gloves, but my time on Wednesday is very limited. 

2-  I’m not as afraid of diamond this year as some have been in the past. Not because of the leveling cost being decreased, but because players are for sale every weekend. Last year when I jumped to diamond I was very behind for walk-off. For 2 months I kept building. Then Black Friday sales came around and I got Harper with 2 RHP skills. That one player changed the whole game in diamond for me. So I’m not as afraid this year as this is happening every weekend 
  • jcrow22jcrow22 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    @Bigpredfan, last year I was never able to beat WOH. I leveled up way to fast as I didn’t understand how the game worked.  By the time I had the players to beat WOH, I was in diamond w/o the resources and chasing my own tail.   This year I’m beating it regularly, so my strategy is to keep at that while I build up resources before leveling. 
    Ive read a lot of your posts and you have a great strategy for the game.   Very impressive.  
    Looking forward to your thoughts on diamond when you get there. 
    jcrow22 said:
    @Bigpredfan, last year I was never able to beat WOH. I leveled up way to fast as I didn’t understand how the game worked.  By the time I had the players to beat WOH, I was in diamond w/o the resources and chasing my own tail.   This year I’m beating it regularly, so my strategy is to keep at that while I build up resources before leveling. 
    Ive read a lot of your posts and you have a great strategy for the game.   Very impressive.  
    Looking forward to your thoughts on diamond when you get there. 
    Appreciate the kind words. I look forward to being a diamond guinea pig, if no one else beats me to it 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    Everyone has a different path/preference.  Personally I value WOH above everything else so won’t jump until I can cycle comfortably.   I’ve been gold a little over a week now and hopefully cycle enough to gain xp and cash to go platinum in roughly a month