My jump from Silver to Gold...

JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
The boredom of the weekend event was too much to take and I took the plunge. Had about 3.3 million cash, 440k XP, & 430 EVO. Was able to max my 2 Keeper Hitters and 2 more, chose a RHP skill and an LHP skill so I'll have 2 of each for WOH. And put the rest into My Legend upgrades since he is dual event and I really enjoy Slugfest at this early stage. The cash allowed me to upgrade Hitting coach from 40 to 60, Trainer from 40 to 60, and Clutch from 40 to 55. Used EVO to bump SPs to Gold1 and same with top 2 Sluggers and any hitters with max overall 325. Club loyalty from all the upgrading allowed me to buy all 50 boxes for the day and still over 500k to spend in following days. Overall I feel I made the jump with enough resources to compete in the events, but sure got eaten up quickly. Feels like it will take a long time to earn the XP now needed to max 5 SPs and boost any sluggers to max gold. Feels like I could've had a million XP and still not gotten everything maxed. The Keepers are definitely a resource killer, but as that .6 factor increases and they hold at or near top status at their respective positions, I think that investment will be beneficial. The most nervousness lies in Season mode as I am currently 34-2 and uncertain if Gold1 pitchers can maintain that win percentage. No turning back now....

Comments

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    You had more saved and planned than I did and I'm doing just fine. The only difference is I maxed 2 pitchers to G10 for season playoffs.
  • tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    I left my keepers behind and went to gold as well maxed all my hitters to gold 10 and all my pitching to gold 6... I had about 350k xp ... I’ll eventually go back for my keepers but I’d rather max out 10 people then 2
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Nice jump to Gold @JCAM80!  Looking good!  WOH is much more fun at gold!   Hope you had some weekend guys and took advantage of a 0.3 discount.  
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I got to give it to you man you had a lot more than the average joe saved up. I had about 200k and almost 2mil saved up with a plethora of evo. Unfortunately I’ll leave my keepers behind until I have enough xp stashed for them. Great 👍 job bro
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Thanks for the positive words. I have much more peace of mind. Hoping I can max a couple SPs before playoff time and would still like to relevant in Slugfest at Gold. But it's a long season of TSB left as long as there is no push from Glu to level further to avoid horrible win loss ratios. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Thanks for the positive words. I have much more peace of mind. Hoping I can max a couple SPs before playoff time and would still like to relevant in Slugfest at Gold. But it's a long season of TSB left as long as there is no push from Glu to level further to avoid horrible win loss ratios. 
    Don’t worry, that’s just around the corner. Gold players n my club who have made the jump in the last couple of weeks are crying already.  It would appear to win bonus games , a lesser degree prime matchups the only remedy is massive investment and going diamond.  Otherwise it’s a matter of getting in where you fit in and enjoying perks (increased ability in WOH) and dealing with challenges (bonus games, prime and slugfest difficulties).  
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    I messed up and went gold over the weekend not paying attention and played my playoff game and thought I was playing a prime game. Its going to be a long road to gold 10 for me.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Nice man! You will get a ton of xp today and that'll give you the option to add more bats or pitchers. Things may change, but it's beneficial to take the guaranteed player to g1 and level him through cycles. Even if he's someone you don't want/need, you'll love the xp! Post-update, we now get the trade in value for duplicate pulls. It's an absolute game changer. GL today!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB at this point in the game who do you consider a guaranteed player? 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I think he means the player from WoH reward as opposed to just a box or whatever.
    I took my 325 players with double skills to gold. Havent taken anyone else yet
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just as @dustyhunks said, I'm referring to the player reward that's guaranteed on Mondays.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Ok it makes sense now.