Options

*IDEA for SLUGFEST*

hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
how about adding a slugger bonus player with a slugfest skill box that you could purchase like the other events, and add some animation to them. I’ve seen one slugger with an animated back ground.(M.Ozuna) They really need to spice up these lame looking players. 

Comments

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    They could put that bases empty skill to good use!!!
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Ozuna image is static. Or my eyes suck.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Don't recall Ozuna, or any other slugger, with an animated background. Animated backgrounds are mostly to spice up your featured player section and since you can't add sluggers to them I don't think GLU would program them that way.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    hornsup17 said:
    how about adding a slugger bonus player with a slugfest skill box that you could purchase like the other events, and add some animation to them. I’ve seen one slugger with an animated back ground.(M.Ozuna) They really need to spice up these lame looking players. 
    The one issue with slugfest seems to be that if you fall behind, it can be very hard to catch up on. Last year when I went gold it took me 3-4 weeks to catch up. I then cycled the week before the prime 6th level was added, which pushed me back again. Having a box available to get a new, permanent slugger that can help you cycle isn’t a bad idea at all. 

The skill idea for a slugger is interesting. I’m having a hard time thinking of skills for slugfest besides bonus balls where you get a boost during the last 3 pitches 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Once you go past silver level, it becomes difficult to beat slugfest. With Battle Royale on Wednesday, slugfest has become the least amount played event. It’s a reason why Glu chose to add Royale last year because the lack of participation from players on slugfest. And with the combination of people having real lives outside of mobile gaming who has to time to invest into an event that doesn’t add much value to your overall team. If Glu wanted more players to participate in this event, then my suggestion is they add better prizes on the levels of slugfest. Offer double the amount of cash and XP each level Vs. WOH it would be an incentive to play slugfest 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Once you go past silver level, it becomes difficult to beat slugfest. 

You're the first person I've seen say this. Have seen many say they cycled it at will in Gold last year. (not to say it's the same this year, but you'd think so)

I'm going to give it a go today in Gold with my Silver 10 guys and just see how far I can make it.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

You're the first person I've seen say this. Have seen many say they cycled it at will in Gold last year. (not to say it's the same this year, but you'd think so)

I'm going to give it a go today in Gold with my Silver 10 guys and just see how far I can make it.
    I agree with @JEDDDOGGY here. I cycled with ease when I went gold last year and only took my top 5 sluggers gold and left others at S10. It did take me about 2 or 3 weeks to get it back down to 30-40 minutes per cycle as I had to wait for new sluggers to push the silver sluggers down the line for autoplay in levels 5 & 6 but the overall difficulty was the same for me.

• Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @Houmy @JEDDDOGGY

Let me clarify,if you keep up with your sluggers then sure you can do it. However, if you neglect your sluggers for sometime and don’t upgrade them like you do your roster it’s difficult. I ran into that problem last year when I mostly focused on WOH, bonus players and saving my XP for upgrades. When I did start playing Slugfest again Prime sluggers were offered and my reg 5 star sluggers couldn’t keep up.
  • Options
    azholedewazholedew Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    I cycle slugfest every week on silver level.  Put the time and effort into your sluggers.  Most people don’t level their sluggers up and they forget about them.   I only have 2 5* sluggers and still cycle. Play the game don’t auto slugfest is the trick. Level 1 only takes 2 Hr to win.  Don’t go hitting 10 HR’s on level 1 it will make the next levels that much more difficult.  
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    Don't recall Ozuna, or any other slugger, with an animated background. Animated backgrounds are mostly to spice up your featured player section and since you can't add sluggers to them I don't think GLU would program them that way.
    I see. Didn’t realize that, just new he looked different from the rest
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I agree with @JEDDDOGGY here. I cycled with ease when I went gold last year and only took my top 5 sluggers gold and left others at S10. It did take me about 2 or 3 weeks to get it back down to 30-40 minutes per cycle as I had to wait for new sluggers to push the silver sluggers down the line for autoplay in levels 5 & 6 but the overall difficulty was the same for me.
    I plan on going gold with my sluggers for sure. This is the first year I’ve really concentrated on sluggers. It’s paid off for me and I’m actually enjoying it now that I can cycle slugfest and standard woh format for now. When PXP drops in slugfest, I got 7, 5* star sluggers locked and loaded ready to go. 
  • Options
    hornsup17 said:
    Houmy said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I plan on going gold with my sluggers for sure. This is the first year I’ve really concentrated on sluggers. It’s paid off for me and I’m actually enjoying it now that I can cycle slugfest and standard woh format for now. When PXP drops in slugfest, I got 7, 5* star sluggers locked and loaded ready to go. 
    So, @Houmy, so when I go gold should I just cap my top five sluggers only? And slowly push the others down the line as I acquire better ones?
  • Options
    badnewsyankees1badnewsyankees1 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    They should give a box with bonus players for royale for cycling just as they do in woh along with the new slugger.  
  • Options
    So, @Houmy, so when I go gold should I just cap my top five sluggers only? And slowly push the others down the line as I acquire better ones?
    @hornsup17 yes. No point evolving all the sluggers to gold as the bottom 5 in S10 should be able to handle the lower 5 opponents and will eventually go out of rotation when you keep cycling for new sluggers. If you are also capping your legend in gold then do the top 4 sluggers first and if that doesn't cut it then do one more.

• Options
    Speaking of slugfest, pickem multipliers are added back in for it.