Slugfest

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
So I tried pretty hard today and still no luck. Got so far as 5.9 and ML is outranked 145 vs a 154 gold level  1. Came close but 9th pitch was glitch release and then blow by. Got it late and came short of wall. Is it normal to face gold sluggers when in silver?  Or glu just finding more ways to make me move up?

Comments

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

Also so why is ML only 145 as a slugger but 149 in stats 
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    That’s how it is bud. I think 5.10 is a 166 gold. You just have to hit all 10 and hope they don’t. I went through once and got lucky with 5.10 only putting up 3500 points
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @newfy it probably has to do with how you chose to set up your legend. 149 overall rating is for the hit/power/speed combo for all the games. Slugging is a different category all to its self. 
    @newfy it probably has to do with how you chose to set up your legend. 149 overall rating is for the hit/power/speed combo for all the games. Slugging is a different category all to its self. 
    If that’s the case then can some of y’all say your legend max slugger strength in silver please?  
    Mine is set as ops which has good slugging. Also @Bigpredfan before glu did the raise to ML his slugging and stats were same (both 145). Only since today’s raise in max this has happened 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    newfy said:
    If that’s the case then can some of y’all say your legend max slugger strength in silver please?  
    Mine is set as ops which has good slugging. Also @Bigpredfan before glu did the raise to ML his slugging and stats were same (both 145). Only since today’s raise in max this has happened 
    Interesting. I hadn’t thought about the raise today not affecting the slugger aspect, but that could be it 
    @Bigpredfan I looked at my legend stats and it shows his slugging at 145 so I guess it didn’t get raised with ALL other of his stats.  @houmy I think we just found another #gate by glu 🤔🤔
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    145 also in silver @newfy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    All i can say about slugfest is that the slugger selection lag was so bad today I only did one cycle and then shut it down. Makes me suspicious that GLU is running a credit check on you every time you hit play and wait to select a slugger. Come to think of it credit checks are probably faster.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2019
    In the later stages of Slugfest, the computer always outrank you b a decent margin(usually higher tier). Fortunately, they miss and/or short their homers quite often. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JoshGreenJoshGreen Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    Had to play 4.10 with an 87 rating guy cause the lag made me pick a random player lol 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    That happened to me about 8 times, unlocking guys I'd already used and cost me a couple hundred gold. Bs