Slugger strategy

WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
So I am in Silver, and few weeks ago I started investing in my slugger team. I am totally new to Tap Baseball so I am still figuring things out. Last 2 weeks I have been stuck on Level 4 and wondering what the best use of resources would be.

So far I have used 25 slugger picks, and my top 10 are ML, 1 4.5*, 7 4* and the rest 3.5* or lower. I am wondering, will this be good enough to cycle? How many of my 4* sluggers would I need to upgrade to Silver 10 to beat it? Or do you think purchasing more picks and hoping for better luck is the better strategy? What level would the rest of my sluggers need to be after I max out enough at Silver 10? I really want to beat Slugfest but I would prefer not to squander too many resources if it can be avoided. Any help from you vets is appreciated.

Comments

• JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited May 2019
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I’ve seen guys do it with their legend and three 4 1/2 star sluggers (all maxed level 10).  You’ll definitely need to add 2-3 more 4 1/2 star sluggers.  Or get lucky if you buy picks and score a 5 star.  You’d be blowing through a lot of gold if you only have your legend to use over and over.  The 4 star guys will never get the range on their hits to clear rounds in level 5.  I think if you added a couple more solid sluggers that were  4 1/2 star or better and spent a little gold to restart some rounds on level 5 then you would be on the way to beating slugfest.  After beating it you’d add a 5 star slugger and be able to beat it more than once for extra resources.  So it would balance out sooner than later if you start beating it regularly.  
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    The first time I cycled slugfest my team was about the same as yours, except I didn't have a 4.5*.  The top five (including your legend) would need to be maxed to your tier.  You would need to do it during the live boost time to have the greatest chance for sucess.  You would have only a very small margin for error, like 9 out of 10 might not win with lower sluggers.  I would definitely spend a lot of time in the Home run battles, honing your skills and picking up cash.  You'll have to manual play most of level 5 for sure.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Regardless, don't put any more resources into your sluggers below 4.5* and the top 3 4*, definitely nothing into whatever is below 3.5. Usually #1 draft picks go on sale for 225g at some point in the week so keep an eye out for that. If you still can't manage a cycle this week, try to buy picks when on sale and be sure to stock pile enough gold when 2x event rolls around next and grab another 10-20 if you still need it. First time I cycled I had min. 4* with mostly 4.5*  and 3 5* from dropping a lot in the manner I described above. You're also at a disadvantage trying to cycle for first time at silver. As others have mentioned homerun battles are your friend.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Today will be interesting for me. I went gold and all my sluggers still Silver 10. Wonder if I have a snowball’s chance in hell.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I gave up on slugfest this year. Cycled a lot last year. Since i can't get the updated stadium without the blue wall, i just traded my sluggers in for xp and went gold. 
    edited May 2019

Meh, 5th best slugger for me so might just slow play for points. @JEDDDOGGY

edited May 2019
    @dustyhunks Not gonna complain about that reward at all lol, just means I don’t need beat it today to keep pace. Gives me another week to decide what, if anything, I want to do with slugfest.
    edited May 2019
    I was hoping for Khris Davis capped at 142 this week (S10). He does not get enough TSB love and is the quintessential slugger!
  • hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    edited May 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Today will be interesting for me. I went gold and all my sluggers still Silver 10. Wonder if I have a snowball’s chance in hell.
    I’m curious about this as well. Keep me posted. I have about 300 evo stashed so far. trying to save up for when I go gold. Curious as to how many of my 5*’s need to be capped to beat it in gold 1
  • hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    I was hoping for Khris Davis capped at 142 this week (S10). He does not get enough TSB love and is the quintessential slugger!
    I’d like to see Max Muncy for the slugfest reward
  • azholedewazholedew Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    I’ve found it easier to cycle if you play he games rather than autoplay. Also only hit enough HR to win the round. Level 1 only takes 2-3 HR’s to win.  Don’t go hitting 10 HRs on level 1 it will make the next levels that much more difficult.  Is it true idk but seems to work for me. I’ve cycle the last 2 weeks with only 2 5* sluggers
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I was able to cycle with this lineup of scrubs. Obviously ohtani was after the cycle 
  • JoshGreenJoshGreen Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I was able to cycle today for the first time. It was fairly easy i would say. I could autoplay thru level 3 but had to to play every round of 4/5. Since I didnt have the greatest team I had to use ML twice on level 5 so that cost me a little gold. I may of spent more gold then needed but it was my first cycle so I was going all out. Used 5% boost 5.5-10

IMO I got lucky lol but It did make me invest into more sluggers hopefully they offer PXP soon!
    edited May 2019
    I’m curious about this as well. Keep me posted. I have about 300 evo stashed so far. trying to save up for when I go gold. Curious as to how many of my 5*’s need to be capped to beat it in gold 1

I didn't even mess with SF yesterday with the reward being a guy that would not even be in the top half of my slugger lineup. I cycled WOH like mad instead and walked away with nearly 200k xp. Booyah lol.

EDIT: Was talking to someone who played slugfest in Gold yesterday and all the opponents are Silver until 5.6 and 5.7, which are both Gold sluggers and then 5.8 and up seem to be Platinum sluggers. Although, he said he did not make it past 5.8 which is Platinum 6 Cespedes who he said routinely was putting up 6100-6200 points and just could not make it past him.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I didn't even mess with SF yesterday with the reward being a guy that would not even be in the top half of my slugger lineup. I cycled WOH like mad instead and walked away with nearly 200k xp. Booyah lol.

EDIT: Was talking to someone who played slugfest in Gold yesterday and all the opponents are Silver until 5.6 and 5.7, which are both Gold sluggers and then 5.8 and up seem to be Platinum sluggers. Although, he said he did not make it past 5.8 which is Platinum 6 Cespedes who he said routinely was putting up 6100-6200 points and just could not make it past him.
    I went gold last week, brought four of my sluggers to gold 6, two to gold 1, and the rest are at silver 10 (with My Legend at G1).  I cycled once and it took gold restarts and a 100 boost at 5.10.  The last few batters consistently went 10-10 and put up more points than me even if I went 10-10 too.  I'm guessing the ball will fly farther if my guys were Gold 10.  So... it can be done but it's not as easy as it was in lower levels.  But... Walk Off Hero was much much easier for me at Gold with primarily the same team that I had last week (even with my keepers at Gold 6 and Gold 8).
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I miss 17 so much. Just logged in to claim free gold and drafted this guy. Miss drafting at your tier and 17 is so much cleaner & smoother compared to 19. Gonna do a few gold battles and see how it goes.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy How long to you have to wait between logging in to get welcome back gifts?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I don't really know as I just log in once in a while every other week or so. I get random notifications once in a while and ignore most of them.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    So I am in Silver, and few weeks ago I started investing in my slugger team. I am totally new to Tap Baseball so I am still figuring things out. Last 2 weeks I have been stuck on Level 4 and wondering what the best use of resources would be.

So far I have used 25 slugger picks, and my top 10 are ML, 1 4.5*, 7 4* and the rest 3.5* or lower. I am wondering, will this be good enough to cycle? How many of my 4* sluggers would I need to upgrade to Silver 10 to beat it? Or do you think purchasing more picks and hoping for better luck is the better strategy? What level would the rest of my sluggers need to be after I max out enough at Silver 10? I really want to beat Slugfest but I would prefer not to squander too many resources if it can be avoided. Any help from you vets is appreciated.Waveburner said:

So far I have used 25 slugger picks, and my top 10 are ML, 1 4.5*, 7 4* and the rest 3.5* or lower. I am wondering, will this be good enough to cycle? How many of my 4* sluggers would I need to upgrade to Silver 10 to beat it? Or do you think purchasing more picks and hoping for better luck is the better strategy? What level would the rest of my sluggers need to be after I max out enough at Silver 10? I really want to beat Slugfest but I would prefer not to squander too many resources if it can be avoided. Any help from you vets is appreciated.
    I am silver division and last Wednesday I maxed my top 5 guys at bronze 10 and the next 3 to bronze 5 and beat it. I had to use a gold restart one time that's it. I never autoplay