Options

New CVC ideas -- thoughts

bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
Ok...for some reason I was thinking back to end of last season - when GLU solicited opinions/ideas for spicing up CVC a bit.
I came up with two different ideas - curious as to what the feedback on them might be.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
#1) A stripped down version of CVC. Lets call this the Mano-a-Mano version.
Premise: Strip CVC down to its basics. 
Eliminate autoplay, no bonus players, no extra gold retries, no video boosts, no gold continues, no gold boosts, no cvc subscription boosts.
Let's see whose team is really the "best" without all the white noise of boosting, paying for extra stuff, random autoplay results, etc.
You get one hour to "manually play" your # of entries. 
Let's see who is actually best at cvc. Not who spends the most, or gets the lucky autoplay results.
Obviously - from a GLU perspective - not a very good boon to their bottom line P&L.

With a slight twist (this is evolving as I type it):
From a fan/player perspective - I think seeing who on a level playing field is "best" - would attract interest.
This doesn't necessarily have to be a "club" event. It could be an "individual" event with an entry fee (blue cash / or small gold amount).
That - would give GLU some resources consumed / income.
Individuals would the compete against others in their same tier (ie. Gold IV players all in one tier.  Platinum VI players off in their own bracket).

This would not be the normal weekly event - but perhaps could be rolled out once per quarter....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Idea #2)
Texas High Stakes - CVC
Premise: High stakes rewards for the winners
Okay - this would be normal CVC as we play it today. But the twist is that all of the blue cash, gold for extra plays, gold for extra boosts, etc...goes into a kitty/pot that is displayed on the screen. So as play progresses we see the pot increasing with cash/gold. 
At the end - its a winner take all spoils for the winning club. Dividing the pot amongst its participating players that round. Of course - GLU would get a % of the kitty/pot of the top....like 20% to give them a vested interest in the event.

My thought process - is that amongst the higher echelon teams and VIP players - ego is going to win out - and the desire to "win" the pot is going to lead to more and more gold/cash being thrown into a match. My conclusion is based on the observation that most of the higher tier teams/players - react emotionally and not rationally in this game. Afterall they already spend $$$ and gold on this event to win boxes with an 80% chance of a scrub player.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyways - that's what I came up with. Let the flame game commence.

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    As far as #2 goes I would not want to come across any of these guys. Us mere mortals would not stand a chance. Not knocking down your ideas as I love everyone sharing their thoughts on how to improve the game. Just saying if I'm ever matched against one of these players then I'm gonna go sit quietly in a corner hoping they won't notice me and move on within the hour 😰

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    #1- This is what I'd absolutely love. Unfortunately, TSB isn't a game of skill. More importantly, there's very little incentive for GLU to implement such a mode. 

#2- This sounds fun, but as @Houmy referenced, the same guys will be winning. Unless you're willing to throw down a considerable amount of gold and have a cvc sub, it's just not reasonable to compete for the top spots.

Love the ideas though! I'm always in favor of things that keep the game from getting stale.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I love idea #1. Especially matching up against teams in the same bracket as you. As far as idea #2 i agree with @Houmy. If I was matched up with any of them I would hide in a corner too. 
  • Options
    Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    Yeah those dudes are something serious, my first VIP event I saw the numbers they were putting up and was like yep definitely not gonna be able to compete with this.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I still want a real tournament mode where we could have a decent prize for winning or placing manually playing against each other
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback so far. Taking what whammo and DFBB have said - and morphing that into idea #3...how about a new "cash battle" mode similar to the slugfest cash battle.....whereby you matchup vs. another player a get one round of cvc...no bonus players, no boosts, etc. Battle it out straight on against an opponent, 1 round, 3 outs, for a cash reward?

• Options
    While I am dreaming of "what ifs"....one other mode I would love to see (not cvc related)....call it a "spring training" or "practice mode"...or "scrimmage mode"....whereby you can use your own hitters to take some swings against your own pitching staff. I mean - you never really get to see what your own pitchers are like. I think it might be fun to try and hit off your own guys - just to see how nasty or lame they  really are.
  • Options
    NAVYDOC07NAVYDOC07 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    #1 isn't a bad idea, but eliminating autoplay would really hurt those trying to play while on a work break.  Almost all CVC events happen when I'm either at school or work so I depend on autoplay to get my points during breaks