Opinion - Prime events aren't even worth playing

BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
Prime events' rewards are awful. First place in the solo rewards will get you 700 gold, which is way less gold than you spent getting there, 4 #1 picks, which are nothing more than XP for almost every player, and some club event boxes which give you a one percent chance for a substantial amount of gold. Again, that gold is not worth the amount of gold that you spent getting to #1-10.

Well, what about club rewards? Even worse. Our club finished #200ish, because the rewards for pushing are absolutely nil, so we got 1k XP, and 20k cash. If we had pushed to top 50, we would have gotten an extra #1 pick. And that's all. If we pushed for #11, we would have gotten 2 #1 picks, double the XP, and 50k cash. We would have needed to spend thousands of gold, only for a few measly picks. That's insane. 

My point is, prime events need to be reworked. This event takes place a shocking five days a week, and it gives rewards that are not worth getting. It's probably more worthwhile to just watch videos and save gold and time by not even playing the event. 

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Weekends are for vids and CvC. Only reason I bought boxes this weekend was Yadi + 2x gold, otherwise I would have stuck to my guns and hoped for players from CvC rewards. I'm looking at my resources this morning and somehow I made 28k xp in-hand + trade-ins since mid-day Friday while capping 3 players in silver this weekend. 4-5k from rewards for Prime event, rest had to have been from trading in worthless bonus players. So if you "play the game" how Glu wants you to (buying boxes for weekend bonus) you will be rewarded "accordingly". Though I do tend to agree with you @BlackFang4 I don't see this format changing, unfortunately.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    If you can afford the 29.99 a week where glu puts out usually a very good player, get lucky in CvC and play well at WoH you almost don’t need to play on the weekends.  I can’t do the first thing I listed and CvC is pretty competitive in my club but I did get 4 boxes from it this weekend.  The weekend event rewards wise is a joke, no argument from me on that it’s tolerable the first few months because the boxes can still improve most teams.  However by about the All Star break many teams will have no use for them.  
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I just talked with my guys last night. We were in an elite bracket and hovering in & out of the top 10 all weekend (top 10 last 5 weekends). We decided weekends are not worth the effort and resources for the reward. Instead of fighting the last 4-5 hours we relaxed, finished 11th and absolutely fine with it. 

• tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    None of the event rewards come close to what it takes to get there ... I can’t tell you how much I spent to finish 18 in the vip Cvc but I do it because I have fun competing 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    The part I like the least is that the events count towards your wins and losses but not toward leveling, except for bonus game Thursday. We all know by now that at a certain level the competition gets upped to "urge" you to progress your team to the next level yet the wins that are pushing you to this urging aren't helping you to level. Shouldn't it be all count or none count? Did my ramble even make sense?
    tomciz2 said:
    None of the event rewards come close to what it takes to get there ... I can’t tell you how much I spent to finish 18 in the vip Cvc but I do it because I have fun competing 
    Congrats on your VIP Event finish. I know what it takes to place in that event. Much Respect!
    Is your squad happy with the weekend events and the rewards it yields?

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I always have a dilemma every weekend on whether to play or not. And what it comes down to is if our club is in a good bracket or not. Sometime, before I can even play, 1st place is over 100 million and normally those clubs finish with over a billion. Those are the weekends I skip playing.

The other thing I look at is if I have any players getting the bonus. I got lucky this weekend and was able to pull Cole and Molina from the box. I was scoring around 500 - 600 k at first. The they upped Cole’s bonus and I was hitting around a million a game when he pitched. That is the only way I can compete on the weekends. I carried our club because most guys don’t see any value in playing when they can’t score high bonuses. I used all my ice wraps and used about 500 gold to get into the top 10 in both my individual bracket and club. What sucks is only top 3 clubs get gold. That should be changed to top 10 like the other days. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    It is a pretty lame event as far as rewards go. I think if they upped the gloves per play to 15/20 instead of 5, it would make it worth it more for the clubs who do like leveling.
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Hit tier 6 in the progress rewards and shut it down.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    I do the same, I hit the tier 6 in the individual progress rewards:  150,000 by using 200 gold (100 you get back after hitting tier 6) then I am finished.  The difference in prizes after the top few (which I'm not spending the time or gold to try to hit) are terrible.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    I do the same, I hit the tier 6 in the individual progress rewards:  150,000 by using 200 gold (100 you get back after hitting tier 6) then I am finished.  The difference in prizes after the top few (which I'm not spending the time or gold to try to hit) are terrible.
    Why even spend the 200 gold to get 100 gold back and some other prizes (few franchise coins, drafts picks and some cash)? It just doesn't seem worth it even to go to tier 6 for me. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Why even spend the 200 gold to get 100 gold back and some other prizes (few franchise coins, drafts picks and some cash)? It just doesn't seem worth it even to go to tier 6 for me. 
    Yeah, I agree.  The two #1 draft picks & First round draft pick should give you at least 1k in XP.  But the main reason is.... it helps my club.  They hit the 6th tier for all events and I don't want to be the bottom of the totem pole.  The sixth tier will also give you 200 gold and about 2k xp. So I look at it as:
    Spend 200 gold
    Get back:  300 gold, 3k xp, and then cash/ice packs/gatorade 
    Not a way to get rich with resources, but helps contribute and I make 100 gold even by spending 200.
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    My club hits 6th tier in about 10 min usually. After that prime events are a complete bore!!!!!  You basically log on every 30 min or so and tap your games. There is absolutely no challenge to this event,its all about people that want to spend gold to refresh and try for a streak. Even the resources  you get are a joke. Why would I spend a 1000 gold to win 500 ???  make it 5000 gold and have it drop from there. This game has become brutal with how obvious the attempts to gouge the customer base. I have some addiction to opening boxs that i cant explain...prob comes from my youth opening packs of sports cards. Any time anyone asks me about this game I cant stress enough to them to stay away. Of the 6 people I started playing with from work I am the last man standing, the others all got out due to the fact its just way to over priced for what you actually get  
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @BlackFang4 Well, Glu actually did something about this. Congratulations Glu, you have actually listened to your consumers this past week. Must be a mistake that will be reversed soon.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    What did they do besides improve your odds in the box?12 percent is better than 10 obviously but still not worth playing
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I dont mind spending a little to compete but i can’t figure out why people spend like that. It’s certainly makes it tougher on the rest of us
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    $1,000 or more? Pffft. I about had a heart attack when I purchased an ipad pro for $1,200, but I travel a lot for my job and it was a needed purchase. Lol