Tips for passing HOF tier on WOH today

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
1 - If you've never beaten WOH before or greatly struggle to do so, and/or your players are ranked far below the 10th level of your current rank, don't waste your time.  It will just lead to frustration.  Just enjoy the lower levels.  

2 - Be prepared to spend some gold.  It seems unfair, but the amount of gold spent to pass is a good indicator of how difficult HOF is.  If it didn't require gold, it would be a lot easier, of course, and many more would pass.  That said, there are ways to greatly minimize your gold spent, such as....

3 - Take advantage of the team boost!  Games don't start until 530 CT today, so it may be a struggle early.  If your team is off and you want to beat HOF, it may be worth the 150 gold to change your favorite team to someone who is playing.  It may even be worth it to change to Oakland or Seattle at 9 CT if you're right on the cusp the last 2 hours.  Think about it, would you rather pay 150 gold for an unlimited 15% boost, or 80 gold for a one time 20% boost?  Easy call.  That said,  you may still want to combine both on the late level 6s.  And be aware that you'll lose your season mode progress -- I timed my season mode to finish this afternoon just for that reason.  

4 -  Use someone with a constantly double active boost for the late levels, if you have one.  The further leveled up the boost, the better.  If you have Seager from last week with double late innings he should be a great choice if you haven't been able to level up your keeper boosts as far as you would like to.  Double boost + 15% live game boost + 20% gold boost should give you a really great shot against anyone.  

5 - Don't be afraid to double use a player when needed.  This seems to be a frequently ignored option.  If you've struggled for an hour on 5-7, you have a guy who can beat it but you are saving him for 5-10, it might be time to just bite the bullet and use him and worry about 5-10 when the time comes.  Guys will spend 2000 gold on continues to beat 5-9 and they may likely have just been able to pay 180 gold for a double use + boost to beat it the first time.

6 - Be aware of when your video continue refreshes, they return every half hour.  Just take note of the time when you use a video continue and when it will return.  It doesn't always make sense to wait until it's back, after all time is important too.  But if it comes back in 5 minutes and you're on 6-10 and have time to wait before your round expires,  you might save a lot of gold waiting.  

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Just be aware that changing your team will reset your season progress to zero.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I think the difficulty today will be slightly less due to loud feedback but these tips still apply.  Thanks for posting them.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Also if the cost for continues is as high as last week and you had a tough time getting to the last guy, and already used your vid continue on him. I have in the past just paused the game with two outs waited for the timer to refresh and unpaused made my last out and had a new video continue... 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    #3 helped me land my first ever WOH completion last week. #GameChanger!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Anybody know if a game gets rained out, do you still get the boost? Wanting to switch to NYY at 535 cst but that one looks in danger of getting zapped from the schedule.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I have gotten boost during Red Sox games that were rained out before. This was prior to 1.1 update FWIW.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Anybody know if a game gets rained out, do you still get the boost? Wanting to switch to NYY at 535 cst but that one looks in danger of getting zapped from the schedule.
    it's based on the schedule so rainouts, etc. don't effect it.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @dustyhunks @DFBB

Nice, thanks you guys. 
  • tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Pretty sure you still get the boost with rain
  • Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Have a lot of gold...you’ll need it for Thor at 6-10...