5 hours into this week’s walk off and.........

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
how do you feel about it?  Last week in the middle of Monday there were a lot, myself included, who weren’t happy with it and Glu made changes. I personally am much happier with the version this week

1.  Player chance in the version below the “classic” level. At least you have a chance at getting a player. 
2.  The classic level means if you liked walk-off before you have no complaints here as you can keep going like normal
3.  Those of us who want a more challenging walk-off have it now. And the chance of a prime player at 370, while also guaranteed a 340 max player, is a very nice prize for winning the difficult tower 

Comments

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    But the so-called easy level is pure BS.
    Level 1 is higher rated pitchers than level 1 on classic, with worse reward
    Level 2 and 3 are identical to classic 2 and 3, but with worse reward
    Level 4 is the same until round 8 with very minor reduction on last 3 pitchers.
    I honestly don't understand how a company can be this bloody incompetent.
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    because you don't have to beat classic 5 on warm up to get a shot at a player? Seems rather reasonable. For the people who get stuck at 4.10, this is the cure.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    What they want is for every player to have a tower that is challenging, but beatable. Sounds like this is still the case for you.  What I like about this is that when I move to a new division, like going gold to platinum, I might just have to move down a tower and still have a chance to cycle on the easiest tower and have a shot at a player. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Much, much improved. There isn't a single thing that I complained about last week that wasn't addressed. However, I do feel that warm-up difficulty is the same as what WoH has been. I could be conflating WoH from Monday vs. Wednesday Royale though, admittedly. They are very similar though with subtle differences and with the ability to get a decent enough player at good odds (25%) in warmup I think it is acceptable. I feel classic is what it promised and the additional xp in level 5 is great, net'ing almost 7K xp with each cycle for me in S10. I have not cycled classic yet for the record. Playing each tier accordingly without live boost today though I did manage to get Albies twice from two warmup cycles.

HoF delivers. Auto-play seems to be hit or miss (no pun intended) so once things settle down for the evening I will do strictly manual play. My hope is that the difficulty will make the other tiers easier later in the evening.

Tl, dr...This is the WoH tower I think the majority were looking for.

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Guys for real? If they want the easier mode to be as challenging as classic woh, just one lower tier, that is fine.

What makes zero sense is getting a crappier reward on level 1, 2 and 3 for beating the exact same pitchers. You should get the same cash & xp as classic since the difficulty is the same.

Should be obvious.
    edited May 2019
    They match up identically with what Monday WoH (classic) and Weds Royale WoH (warmup) have been. In News, they point out that this is the goal of these two tiers, matching up with those events.
    Guys for real? If they want the easier mode to be as challenging as classic woh, just one lower tier, that is fine.

What makes zero sense is getting a crappier reward on level 1, 2 and 3 for beating the exact same pitchers. You should get the same cash & xp as classic since the difficulty is the same.

Should be obvious.
    The issue you have is this 

Glu does not benefit at all from you sticking to cycling the low tower for resources. They have to have a way for you to want to “move up”. 

The easy tower serves a purpose, but it shouldn’t be to just cycle endlessly.  The purpose of that easy tower is to gauge if you should move up. If you beat it, then try the next level. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Haven’t been able to get past 4-5 past 2 hours for some reason after losing in 4-10. 
    In Warmup
    geezus
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Not sure what exactly people are complaining about. It appeals to any level of play. The middle tier is the exact same difficulty as standard woh. What more do you want Glu to do?  
    Well @CanadaCubs they could give me that yelich for my hard work trying as it don’t look like I’m gonna succeed ☹️😭.  I have now beat level 4 in DTI but grinding through and gotta manual play most.  
      But I like your point, we all cried out last week as things were a little funky and glu has answered EXACTLY how we wanted them too!! The perfect mix of difficulty with a decent rewards system.   Even with a FAIL today I am still happy with thier FIX!!   
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

Should be obvious.

Glu does not benefit at all from you sticking to cycling the low tower for resources. They have to have a way for you to want to “move up”. 

The easy tower serves a purpose, but it shouldn’t be to just cycle endlessly.  The purpose of that easy tower is to gauge if you should move up. If you beat it, then try the next level. 
    We also have to consider new players that signed up recently and don't have much of a roster to speak of. Warmup mode might be the only shot they have with a starter team and that would probably still be hard for them.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:

Should be obvious.

We also have to consider new players that signed up recently and don't have much of a roster to speak of. Warmup mode might be the only shot they have with a starter team and that would probably still be hard for them.
    I agree with this @houmy, but I view it this way. 

If I was struggling to beat level 4 just 2 weeks ago, or have a new team. If the easy and classic tower don’t have a lot of variation except for the 5th level, then at least I can beat levels 1-3 2 times (1 on easy and 1 on classic) which is still much better than the past. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Compared to last week where I did beat that All Star mode and to 5.9 of HoF they seemed to get it mostly right.  I beat the “Don’t try it” this time around with a heavy gold investment because I needed 6 rounds at the end with heavy restart costs.  Then I got cash in the Yelich box and stuck to classic after that.  I’ll admit I was pretty frustrated after a big win to get only 25000 cash, I feel if they do a separate box like that the lesser prize should have been a large amount of blue exp, or a medium amount of prime exp or something that would have the effect of me trying again.  Classic did allow me to cap both Ozuna, Albies, and a PotW pitcher that should prove useful the next couple of days though so all in all was still a productive day.  Once my legend is capped I’ll be mostly set from the right side as well and the HoF tier should be more manageable where I get the gold cost down to a level I can at least mine gold for (1500-2000 vs 4500 I spent).
  • jmtasticjmtastic Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Walk off this year is ridiculous. Never mind how good your team is you stil pretty much have to spend. Way more breaking balls this year.  Everybody knows you can’t hit them BALLS. Once they start throwing them I don’t even swing. Woh I hate it. The way it is now Monday is a good place for it. Monday suck anyways smgood day for a crappy event. Use to be my fav. Now I just want to delete 
    Man can not live on gifts alone
    Houmy said:

Should be obvious.

I agree with this @houmy, but I view it this way. 

If I was struggling to beat level 4 just 2 weeks ago, or have a new team. If the easy and classic tower don’t have a lot of variation except for the 5th level, then at least I can beat levels 1-3 2 times (1 on easy and 1 on classic) which is still much better than the past. 

I wouldn't say warmup was easy or any easier than classic, just simply 4 levels and no guaranteed player. If anything, 4.8-4.10 were a little more difficult with the softer stuff Gausman throws and Hamels frequenting the breaking balls.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    jmtastic said:
    Walk off this year is ridiculous. Never mind how good your team is you stil pretty much have to spend. Way more breaking balls this year.  Everybody knows you can’t hit them BALLS. Once they start throwing them I don’t even swing. Woh I hate it. The way it is now Monday is a good place for it. Monday suck anyways smgood day for a crappy event. Use to be my fav. Now I just want to delete 

For my silver team, which is still a "so-so" 58K team, it's not breaking balls that kill me. It's the changeups.  Last year I'd smack anything down the middle of the plate.  But now guys throw 80% changeups and my wet noodle bats dribble them to second base or pop a lazy fly to shallow right field. 

I need to drastically improve my lineup or move up to gold. 

• scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    No complaints here. Perfect fix. Last week was just missing the "Goldilocks" of the classic tower. As long as I can still get a player that makes my top 12 for winning it, I am happy. DTI was way out of my league though, which I view as something to strive for. Maybe when I finally take the gold leap.